Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: from future fighter of the decade to joke. What went wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrien Broner simply wasn't and isn't that good.

He's talented yes and has good parts to his game but he's extremely flawed and always has been.

The hype he was getting in 2013 was insane. You had Sky Sports Ringside doing a whole show on him, guys like Glen McCrory and Johnny Nelson saying that he's better at age 23 than Mayweather was at 23 and he's Mayweather just with better offense.

Johnny Nelson watching highlights of the Ponce De Leon fight - "Broner made this fight look so easy." I'm positive that Johnny Nelson doesn't follow Boxing.

Comment

He isnt as talented as he thinks he is.

He isnt dedicated enough to maximise what talent he does have.

I tend to think he could have been a much better fighter than weve seen over the last few years, but he just doesnt dedicate himself to the sport. In the ring he looks lazy and inconsistent which are hall marks of a fighter not fully committed to boxing.

Comment

basically his personality got him the hype, he looked good at lightweight, which at the time was possibly the worst division in boxing. Even then he struggled against ponce de leon. As he went up in weight classes where the standard of opposition was higher, he got found out.

Comment

1. Flaws

2. Arrogance

3. Hype

He lost his incentive to get better far too soon, and he really needed to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I agree he shouldn't have fought Maidana so quickly. But I can't imagine why anyone would think he'd be the next fighter of the decade.
            Oh......well......okay yeah I agree that's moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
              But look at the Crawford fight.

He stands there doing absolutely nothing for 10 rounds then he throws one slick counter and almost puts Porter out cold.

Similar in the maidana fight when he actually did something (rarely) he hurt the man.
              yes after the bell

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He's talented yes and has good parts to his game but he's extremely flawed and always has been.

The hype he was getting in 2013 was insane. You had Sky Sports Ringside doing a whole show on him, guys like Glen McCrory and Johnny Nelson saying that he's better at age 23 than Mayweather was at 23 and he's Mayweather just with better offense.

Johnny Nelson watching highlights of the Ponce De Leon fight - "Broner made this fight look so easy." I'm positive that Johnny Nelson doesn't follow Boxing.
                that is because there is massive discrimination against black fighters. bwahahahahahah

Comment

He took boxing for a joke
                  Nobody gets away with that

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    The only thing he's fighting is in not going to Prison
                    dana got those fat checks and figured hed join them.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

All the Sky pundits are casual as ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X