Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: from future fighter of the decade to joke. What went wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hype job that had lost way before his official loss it happens all to often in boxing he was protected.

Comment

I think Broner Vs Berto needs to happen I always likened Broner to a better version of Berto but I'd like to find out which version is better.

Comment

He had a big size advantage at the lower weights and even missed weight before. He was just able to run through guys because he was much bigger, he started looking average when he moved up in weight. Even arguably lost to malinaggi, then maidana happened. I still think he has potential though he just needs to focus on boxing and not being some party boy wanna be rapper celebrity.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          he started fighting people his size...that's what went wrong
          But look at the Crawford fight.

He stands there doing absolutely nothing for 10 rounds then he throws one slick counter and almost puts Porter out cold.

Similar in the maidana fight when he actually did something (rarely) he hurt the man.

Comment

stepped up in class and his party lifestyle was too much to fight at that class. dude is a bum now, although I hope he can get his career a bit on track because he can get people angry and hyped up which is good for the sport

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              I think Broner Vs Berto needs to happen I always likened Broner to a better version of Berto but I'd like to find out which version is better.
              would be a good fight to send the loser to retirement or if they are too stubborn for that send them into permanent journeyman status. The winner would gain a bit of hype and get at least one more good fight after

Comment

Those who thought he'd be the next Floyd are easily fooled.

Broner is neither a counterpuncher nor outfighter.

How do you be the next Floyd with a completely different fighting style

Comment

Your dreaming. He never was that good to begin with. You just wanted him to be that good. He was a decent fighter with decent potential but no dedication to training hard and improving his skills.

Comment

I just don't think he was that good to begin with. People bought the hype from his promoters and TV backers, and wanted to buy what Mayweather was selling.

Once he started facing good fighters he fell short.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      EXACTLY, he lost a fight he wasnt supposed to. Floyd puts a lot of pressure on these dudes saying they are the future and what not. Then Floyd groupies grovel at ever word he says so this creates an un-conquerable ora, then once reality hits, it hits hard. People need to judge these fighters for themselves and not by what Mayweather says, geez look what happened to that poor kid in Rio, that was a **** ton of pressure and talk he got just because Floyd was interested. Spence is another 1, hes a good fighter but hes flawed. The best AA fighter in boxing right now is Terrance Crawford but he dont have Floyds approval and hes with Top Rank so the brothas overlook him. Of course I will get trashed but people dont like to hear the truth.
                      Yeah i see that. Before that Postol fight, a lot of people on here were cold on Crawford just because he was with Arum.

Comment

Working...
                      X