Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner: from future fighter of the decade to joke. What went wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People underestimated how much Broner relied on size and power to win fights at lower weights. His success moving up was always going to depend on how his size and power translated, because his skill was always questionable. Lesser fighters always had success against him, but could not keep it up because he broke them down.

Obviously that wasn't the case when he began fighting guys who weren't undersized.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
      But look at the Crawford fight.

He stands there doing absolutely nothing for 10 rounds then he throws one slick counter and almost puts Porter out cold.

Similar in the maidana fight when he actually did something (rarely) he hurt the man.
      He did not almost put Porter out cold. That was the definition of a flash knockdown. Even Porter was like "WTF, that put me down?" He got up fine.

Comment

Humbled.

Comment

The hype has ceased, but a joke? honestly boxing fans gotta be among the most disrespectful sports fans about. I was just in a thread where a bunch of fl0mo alts were calling Pac a joke cause he's fighting Vargas. **** don't make any sense - what other welter would get called a joke for that? You guys keep holding Pacquiao to these ridiculous standards like he's in his prime and just ran through Golovkin. Adrien Broner has always been a good fighter, he has his questionable antics but as a fighter he's no joke. My only complaint with him would be his self-worth. I can't say that he's wrong about his value, but if he humbled himself and accepted less money for meaningful fights he could actually prove his worth by winning. At the end of the day, AB has only lost to two fighters, both of whom are tough guys, strong willed with good beards, never been stopped. There's still time for Adrien to make an impact at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
            dana got those fat checks and figured hed join them.
            Say what I don't speak Ebonics English please

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Say what I don't speak Ebonics English please
              fat = big
              checks = $$$$
              fat checks = big stacks of cash
              dana literally got fat.

Comment

He lacks the punching power and foot work to keep these larger pressure fighters honest and off him. Even Paulie Malignaggi said he couldn't feel Broner's punches when he fought him at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  Crawford wasn't getting tagged up by Lundy and Dulorme?

Oh yeah, Paulie and Ponce really pushed Broner way harder than Corley pushed Floyd.

He didn't win a Gold medal(Ward) and isn't one of the best amateurs ever(Loma) or a once off teenage amateur star(Khan) so he wasn't a good amateur?

Seem to me you have a clear bias you just can't accept.

Broner has lost Maidana in a fight where he was on top at times and even hurt Chino late and had him back pedaling. Porter was a fight forced upon Broner by Haymon when Broner wanted to campaign at 140. It clearly showed in his performance.

You never had any boxing credibility.

1 Broner was a good national level fighter, but wasn't great and surely wasn't world class amateur.

2. Corley won like 2 Rds vs floyd, landed one big shot. Nothing like how broner struggled with ponce and pauli

3. Crawford literally dominates every fight he is in. He may get tagged sometime but he is still dominant. Broner is nowhere near the level of crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    1 Broner was a good national level fighter, but wasn't great and surely wasn't world class amateur.

2. Corley won like 2 Rds vs floyd, landed one big shot. Nothing like how broner struggled with ponce and pauli

3. Crawford literally dominates every fight he is in. He may get tagged sometime but he is still dominant. Broner is nowhere near the level of crawford.
                    1. So? Since when do you have to be a great as an amateur?

2. That's just bull*****.

3.So Crawford losing the first rounds to Lundy/Dulorme doesn't count but Broner losing the first rounds to Rees does.....I smell an agenda Broner would stop Postol and all the other fighters Crawford has beaten. Crawford also never called out Broner at 135 did he?

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      1. So? Since when do you have to be a great as an amateur?

2. That's just bull*****.

3.So Crawford losing the first rounds to Lundy/Dulorme doesn't count but Broner losing the first rounds to Rees does.....I smell an agenda Broner would stop Postol and all the other fighters Crawford has beaten. Crawford also never called out Broner at 135 did he?
                      1 he wasn't a blue chip can't miss prospect

2 that the truth, you're in denial or have never watched Corley-floyd

3 crawford dominated those fights, how many razor thin spilt decisions does crawford have like broner has with ponce and paulie, 2 fighters way past their prime when broner fought them

Like I said before, broner is a good fighter but limited, he can fringe guys but he was never upper echelon in the amateurs or at the pros. To think he had any chance of fighter of the decade is absurd

Comment

Working...
                      X