Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Because the best guy in the division just said that a ww will be his toughest test.
    Don't think any more needs to be said tbh. Maybe other than the fact that it's a mediocre WW.

Comment

Ok, your point being? Brook isn't a 154lber either. Then there was Tommy Hearns. Also not a 147lber when Hagler fought him.
      Don't forget Duran who's considered one of the greatest LIGHTWEIGHTS of all time. Like I said, most reasonable GGG fans know the Brook fight is shit. My point is that people like you praise someone for the same thing you're criticizing. Be fair but that's hard to ask of people here in NSB.

Comment

Ok explain to me in the simplest best possible way why the division is not full of has-been and never-weres.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
          Translation: " I HATE YOU GGG "
          Striking nerves left and right with my truthful ether.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Striking nerves left and right with my truthful ether.
            good luck on Ward-Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Don't forget Duran who's considered one of the greatest LIGHTWEIGHTS of all time. Like I said, most reasonable GGG fans know the Brook fight is shit. My point is that people like you praise someone for the same thing you're criticizing. Be fair but that's hard to ask of people here in NSB.
              I don't consider Duran one of his toughest wins. He pretty much dominated the smaller man. And Duran was a GREAT fighter. Which says even less for Brook vs Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                good luck on Ward-Kovalev
                Meh...I'll get back to you in October/November. I'm looking forward to that Chemito/Yamanaka rematch right now.

Comment

becuase it's not very good. i'm not sure how good canelo is at MW. i think he's very good, but he's only fought smaller guys. golovkin is the goods. that guy can f#cking fight.

otherwise you've got some ordinary fighters. jacobs has talent, and i love that he beat cancer, but the guy was totally dismantled by pirog. since that fight he's fought a lot of no hopers, and a talented by largely inactive peter quillin. quillin doesn't look like he cares much for boxing. he'll make money a few more times and retire. that's not an amazing looking name on a resume. the only thing remarkable about the fight was that it ended in a round, which is impressive. to give you an idea of how good jacobs is, and where he's at in his career, he's fighting a rematch with sergio mora.

saunders, lee, lemieux, aren't great talents. they're servicable, but not remarkable fighters. lemieux can punch. eubanks has a ton of physical talent, but he's proven to be very beatable. the rest just sort of blend in.

it's not a great division outside of canelo and golovkin, and they're not fighting top guys for various reasons. canelo's been content to make money, which i understand. golovkin's been content to defend alphabelts [essentially waiting around for canelo,] which i also understand. that doesn't mean i have to like it. i had a lot more respect for golovkin's matchmaking prior to the brook fight. they were at least trying to make decent fights while they stalled for canelo. he'd either knocked out or been blatantly ducked by basically everybody. but then he signed to fight kell brook.

and it's for those reasons that the division sucks. but it does have boxing's best puncher, and one of it's best p4p fighters.

Comment

I don't consider Duran one of his toughest wins. He pretty much dominated the smaller man. And Duran was a GREAT fighter. Which says even less for Brook vs Golovkin.
                    Well so far you've only mentioned two. Those two you can't say they were true MWs. I haven't seen you mention a true MW that was a true test for Hagler yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****
                      Because it is.

When something like Dominic Wade is a #1 contender that is a weak division.

When Rubio can win a title....that is a weak division.

When a washed-up senile Jermain Taylor can become a Champion again....that's weak division.

Comment

Working...
                      X