Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Absolutely agree. When a guy people dislike for whatever reason is dominating a division the easiest answer is to label it weak.

Klitchko dominated but his style was awful to watch, so everyone said that HW division is weak. When Calzaghe cleaned his division, it was labeled weak. Hagler's long reign came in supposedly weak division. Same thing for Hopkins@MW.
    I agree J0zef, I thought of Klitchko when I made this thread actually. I think people are missing my point though, MW is a talented division. There are not many with 4 good/great fighters in it. In all reality they represent the best of different parts of the world. I understand they are not fighting each other but if they did would it make it all of a sudden a star studded packed division?? I dont think so. Itd make it fun but itd still be the same talent. Its no wonder UFC is on the horizon, me personally I prefer 130lbs and below, less drama...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Dominic Wade never even fought at 160 and was a ranked contender to fulfill a mandatory~

Curtis Stevens has done what? Snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat against Tuereano Johnson?

Tuerano Johnson gave Curtis Stevens all he could handle.

Willie Monroe won Boxcino

Lemieux beat N'dam

Quillin beat N'Dam

Rubio beat Lemieux

Jacobs beat Quillin.

Rosado gave some dude tough fights in loses but loses every time he steps up.

I can go on and on but all I see at best is mediocrity with all of these fighters, and on a world class level they are essentially zeros. So give me reasons why I should think the division is even average~
      I understand your points and I can agree, my thing is which other division has the talent of the 4 guys I named? Also if you look at it that way I could dissect a lot of other divisions the same way. 147 would be an awesome place to start but my point of the thread is theres lots of talent for any 1 person whether you are a GGG fan, Jacobs fan, Canelo fan, or Saunders fan to discredit the division is semi-productive to whatever agenda you have...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        because a fighter they dont like is the best guy in it, so they have to say its ****

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I agree J0zef, I thought of Klitchko when I made this thread actually. I think people are missing my point though, MW is a talented division. There are not many with 4 good/great fighters in it. In all reality they represent the best of different parts of the world. I understand they are not fighting each other but if they did would it make it all of a sudden a star studded packed division?? I dont think so. Itd make it fun but itd still be the same talent. Its no wonder UFC is on the horizon, me personally I prefer 130lbs and below, less drama...
          So very true. I'd like to see the structure of UFC in boxing. There should be a UBC and hold regular events and get all boxers under one banner. And stack those damn under cards. Then at least the best would fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I understand your points and I can agree, my thing is which other division has the talent of the 4 guys I named? Also if you look at it that way I could dissect a lot of other divisions the same way. 147 would be an awesome place to start but my point of the thread is theres lots of talent for any 1 person whether you are a GGG fan, Jacobs fan, Canelo fan, or Saunders fan to discredit the division is semi-productive to whatever agenda you have...
            I don't think Saunders is anything in the grand scheme of boxing. Jacobs is decent but a question mark. Canelo has yet to really compete at 160.

Golovkin is clear the top of the food chain at 160.

Ward
            Kovalev
            Stevenson
            Alvarez
            Beterbiev

DeGale
            Jack
            Dirrell 1
            Dirrell 2
            Ramirez
            Bute

Lara
            Charlo 1
            Charlo 2
            Andrade
            Williams

Thurman
            Garcia
            Pacquiao
            Porter
            Spence
            Bradley
            Brook

Crawford
            Postal
            Broner
            Barthelemy

Zlaticanin
            Linares
            Crolla
            Flanigan
            Verdejo
            Mikey Garcia

Pedraza
            Vargas
            Sosa
            Walters
            Lomachenko
            Salido

I think 160 is worse than all those division based on 4 names.

Comment

Also the only reason one would pick 160's 4 names as better is because Golovkin is a stud, thus could make up the difference in the other 3 being soft with some of the weaker divisions like 140 or 135.

1 stud does not make a division~

Comment

The number 1 guy in the division is fighting a welterweight.. That should speak volumes on the division

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  The number 1 guy in the division is fighting a welterweight.. That should speak volumes on the division
                  you won.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    Because the best guy in the division just said that a ww will be his toughest test.
                    Ouch...that's gotta' hurt...

Comment

It isn't a weak division. GGG haters have to say it is a weak division because GGG is generally considered to be the best middleweight in the world. By saying middleweight is so weak they can then call GGG a coward for hiding out in such a weak division. They insist he must move up to a heavier weight class he doesn't belong in hoping he will finally lose a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X