Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the MW division considered a "weak" division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cork View Post
    By your logic everyone at 154 is garbage. So much potential match up but we get Canelo smith, Andrade culcay, and Lara vanes rematch. Are they garbage too because they won't fight each other?
    What you said made absolutely no sense. The fact that the match ups don't get made has nothing to do with how good they are as fighters.

What fights not involving ggg would you be interested to see at 160?

Comment

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      What you said made absolutely no sense. The fact that the match ups don't get made has nothing to do with how good they are as fighters.

I quoted you that you said they're not interested in fighting each other because they're garbage. Maybe you wrote it wrong but it's not how I feel there's a lot of reason why match ups never gets made.

There's a few fights I would love to see. Bjs vs Jacobs I would like to see bjs rematch eubank again because I think eubank will do better. Lemieux vs Jacob would be an explosive fight heck I would like to see eubank vs Lemieux. But then that goes for every division. There's only a few fights people would be interested in and the other fights are just fillers.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
        I quoted you that you said they're not interested in fighting each other because they're garbage. Maybe you wrote it wrong but it's not how I feel there's a lot of reason why match ups never gets made.

There's a few fights I would love to see. Bjs vs Jacobs I would like to see bjs rematch eubank again because I think eubank will do better. Lemieux vs Jacob would be an explosive fight heck I would like to see eubank vs Lemieux. But then that goes for every division. There's only a few fights people would be interested in and the other fights are just fillers.
        That's not what I meant. I was talking about possible match ups.

I wouldn't pay for Jacobs vs Saunders. I wouldn't even stream it. The only ones I like at 160 besides GGG are Eubank and Derevyanchenko and he's still a prospect. Not much there.

Comment

• 154 lb rankings

1. Erislandy Lara
          2. Canelo Alvarez
          3. Miguel Cotto
          4. Demetrius Andrade
          5. Jermall Charlo
          6. Jermell Charlo
          7. Liam Smith
          8. Austin Trout
          9. Charles Hatley
          10. Alfredo Angulo
          11. Cornelius Bundrage
          12. Sergey Rabchenko
          13. Jack Culcay
          14. Erickson Lubin
          15. Vanes Martirosyan
          16. Julian Williams

Comment

• It's considered weak to facilitate their lies just like they trash the cruiserweight division and give the cruisers absolutely no props whatsoever even though that is easily the best division in boxing right now so ask yourself why in hells name is none of those top guys in the P4P?
            Bias boxing politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post

GGG Vs Jacobs
              GGG Vs Quillin
              GGG Vs Lee
              GGG Vs Canelo
              GGG Vs. BJS
              GGG Vs Eubank Jr

Comment

• It's probably not the best division out there, it's certainly not the weakest though.

GGG a-side, i think the other ranked guys are close in ability. They would make for good fights IMO.

I'd like to see Jacobs Vs BJS / Lem / Eubank.
                Lem Vs Eubank or BJS.
                If Canelo is going to move up to the full 160 after his fight with Smith..then i'd enjoy seeing him face all of the above.

160 reminds of 147 and to a lesser extent HW, where there are good fights to be made..but for one reason or another, we're not seeing them for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                X