Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the American officials be fair to Kovalev when he fights Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jewish Reptile View Post
    Froch took three rounds for me, the cards I didn't bemoan, Froch was competitive throughout as Kovalev will be, he'll be shaded each round in a disputed loss by his and the Golovkin fans. Their are a lot of agendas on this forum.

Personally I am a huge fan of Ward and Kovalev. Wouldn't like to see a loser if truth be told.

Do whoever wins do you believe they are p4p no.1 ?
    Yeah for sure, Winners #1

I already have award as #1 and I hate Kov but if he wins the fight he gets that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      Yeah for sure, Winners #1

I already have award as #1 and I hate Kov but if he wins the fight he gets that spot.
      Why the dislike of Kovalev ?

Comment

Why the dislike of Kovalev ?
        Hates probably the wrong word just not a fan

a couple reasons. B-Hops one of my all time favorite and he gave him a beat down and essentially ended his career. The Adonis monkey t-shirt Instagram post I Wasnt really a fan of. I think the taunting of Silliah was tasteless , his promoters a c.unt plus I think he's getting a little too much credit beating on a washed up Pascal twice & 50 plus B-Hop.

But in saying all that I love how he goes into people's backyards and beats the sh.it out of them and he's hungry and seems to always take the short end of the stick in negotiations just to get the fight made and I like how he's a genuine bada.ss and he definitly has bad intentions when he fights. I watch his fights But I'd be lieing if I said I root for him

Comment

Hates probably the wrong word just not a fan

a couple reasons. B-Hops one of my all time favorite and he gave him a beat down and essentially ended his career. The Adonis monkey t-shirt Instagram post I Wasnt really a fan of. I think the taunting of Silliah was tasteless , his promoters a c.unt plus I think he's getting a little too much credit beating on a washed up Pascal twice & 50 plus B-Hop.

But in saying all that I love how he goes into people's backyards and beats the sh.it out of them and he's hungry and seems to always take the short end of the stick in negotiations just to get the fight made and I like how he's a genuine bada.ss and he definitly has bad intentions when he fights. I watch his fights But I'd be lieing if I said I root for him
          What he's done he's done well. I don't think this is another case of the Golovkin special cases going all ******ed with him.

BHOP was showing no signs of slowing before that fight was made, he made Shumenov look absolutely stupid and his previous wins were as convincing as any others in his career. The Pascal wins I thought were demolition jobs, he completely beat the fight out of him.

I dislike anyone detracting from Ward and Kovalev, these guys like Klitschko will fight absolutely anyone, as you say with Krusher he's prepared to take the deal offered as opposed to trying to act like a superstar demanding more than he's offered, I think if guys like Golovkin could just bite down and accept catch weights and less than 50/50 terms they'd get the plaudits guys like Ward and Kovalev get.

I really admire HBO in all this, refusing to air PAC as a ppv to make sure their fight with Ward and Krusher enters the stratosphere as opposed to not getting off of the ground.

Comment

America is less nationalistic than most of the countries, there are maybe hometown fighter, or home state fighter biases but generally they are fair on foreign fighter vs US fighter occasions.

Anyways...
            I hardly believe that judges will matter. If Kovalev wins he will probably win by KO, if Ward will win he will probably win with a wide UD.
            So I don't think anything will be up on the judges' fairness really...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              All you care about is Ward winning.

You don't care whether he wins in a fair and honorable way.

A really great boxer doesn't need dishonest officials.
              lol, you were last in the row when they dealt sense of humour or irony, weren't you?

Comment

Seriously though, this guy just doesn't have any sense of humour, he is so damn serious all the time.

It's not hard to see why he is all up in his feelings over trash talking American fighters. He just doesn't get it.

You are some deeply religious guy huh?

Comment

Well, hopefully he will get a fair shake. When is this fight again? And where?

Comment

What he's done he's done well. I don't think this is another case of the Golovkin special cases going all ******ed with him.

BHOP was showing no signs of slowing before that fight was made, he made Shumenov look absolutely stupid and his previous wins were as convincing as any others in his career. The Pascal wins I thought were demolition jobs, he completely beat the fight out of him.

I dislike anyone detracting from Ward and Kovalev, these guys like Klitschko will fight absolutely anyone, as you say with Krusher he's prepared to take the deal offered as opposed to trying to act like a superstar demanding more than he's offered, I think if guys like Golovkin could just bite down and accept catch weights and less than 50/50 terms they'd get the plaudits guys like Ward and Kovalev get.

I really admire HBO in all this, refusing to air PAC as a ppv to make sure their fight with Ward and Krusher enters the stratosphere as opposed to not getting off of the ground.
                    Good post

Agree Kov deserves some of the props he receives and I'm not saying he's not 1-2 at 175 The GGG superfans are a special case of pathetic I'm not saying it's that.

B-hop was still looking good against lower tier guys in Cloud / Shumenov but age was creeping up The last couple years, Dawson clearly beat him and Kov put the nail in the coffin in his career but I just think the Hopkins that Kov beat wasn't the same fighter and as far as Pascal I just think his career was beyond finished even before the first fight they second one was a unneeded public execution but Kov did what he needed to do. I Just think those wins get a little too much hype for what they are.

I agree with you I wish more boxers had a little more Kov in them when it comes doing what needs to be done and getting the fights made. Most feel entitled way to early instead of grinding and doing what needs to be done.

Comment

Good post

Agree Kov deserves some of the props he receives and I'm not saying he's not 1-2 at 175 The GGG superfans are a special case of pathetic I'm not saying it's that.

B-hop was still looking good against lower tier guys in Cloud / Shumenov but age was creeping up The last couple years, Dawson clearly beat him and Kov put the nail in the coffin in his career but I just think the Hopkins that Kov beat wasn't the same fighter and as far as Pascal I just think his career was beyond finished even before the first fight they second one was a unneeded public execution but Kov did what he needed to do. I Just think those wins get a little too much hype for what they are.

I agree with you I wish more boxers had a little more Kov in them when it comes doing what needs to be done and getting the fights made. Most feel entitled way to early instead of grinding and doing what needs to be done.
                      The Kovalev BHOP fight proved a few things, Krusher is legit and Bernard is a hard man, a real tough muvver fücka, wiley and as tricky as they come too. Hopkins should have been in the list of the guy who will fight absolutely anyone along with the likes of Ward and Krusher.

Was Pascal that far removed from his best ? Tell me who has ever beaten him like Sergei did. I don't like the stripping of an opponent upon him losing. I'm not saying Pascsl was elite or world class at the time Sergei beat him but he was world class upon a time and he got by on skills, as far as I am concerned the skill set never leaves you. Besides I'm thankful Pascal gave him the chance, make no bones Pascal didnt have to face him once let alone twice. The guy deserves some props here too.

All this racial bull shyt on here is gross, Im not saying you're anti white or pro black but their are clear biases on these forums, the majority of my favourite boxers are white, I think I did a favourite top ten once and two of the guys were black American, I didn't even realise at the time. I guess perceptions can be given wrongly. One thing is certain, I enjoy watching WRd as much as I enjoy watching Kovalev, two uniquely different styles, I'm one of the minority who enjoyed the Pac and Floyd fight, I appreciate the finer aspects of boxing as much as if not more than a really undisiplined slug fest, in fact I prefer a chess match anytime to a brawl. I just can not appreciate the styles of guys like Froch who use their faces to block punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X