Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the American officials be fair to Kovalev when he fights Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    so a guy with 50% of his wins going the full route has stamina issues? bwahahahahahahahahaha

a guy who was dropped one time in his career,......ten years ago....is supposedly weak chinned.....though he hasn't been dropped or close to being stopped or seriously hurt since?

these fools be reaching

in his last 3 fights, there were hardly any clinches and a few butts, none were intentional

excuses are for losers
    Damn shame!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think Ward has the popularity or the juice in the game where he'll get some officials edge. In fact I felt like Froch got the benefit of the doubt & then some in Ward's last big fight more than Ward did as that fight wasn't as close as most of the judges had it. Oddly the British judge had the score that most matched up with mine & others who felt it was a fairly wide W for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Yes.

But what if Jack Reiss is there to protect Ward and stops the action, calling Kovalev's legal punches fouls?

Like Joe Cortez did in Soto-Lorenzo?
        Don't see how that's going to happen. Kovalev doesn't low blow much if at all; he's a head-hunter. How's Reiss going to call a foul on a chin shot? If Kovalev hits Ward behind the head, which I doubt he will, then Riess will be correct in breaking the action and calling a foul. I see Kovalev using his skill, power and ring savvy to beat Ward decisively. Ward will clinch and run. At some point, he will try and trade a little with Sergey to gain his respect and keep him off of him. However, Andre will be shocked at how ineffective his little "stands" will be against the "Krusher".

Comment

I actually think the powers that be want Kovalev to win, if it's a close fight I think KOv will get the decision.

Comment

who was the ref from Jennings-Wlad?

the one that threatened to take a point from Wlad for excessive holding?

that's who i want to ref Kovalev-Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              You would think so.

Kovalev is by far the more exciting boxer and has much higher ratings on HBO's Saturday night telecasts.

But he's a Russian, and Ward is an American.
              Yeah I think the networks & Orgs and who ever else has a influence want Kov because Kov because of the reasons you mentioned, there's more upside with Kov, That's why I think for Ward to win its going to have to be decisive which I think he will

Ward style isnt crowd pleasing but he wins this will be a opprotunity to knock him off the perch.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                When Ward fought Froch it was a clear win for him. Two judges from the US had it 115-113 and the one Judge that got it right was the British one that had it 118-110.
                Froch took three rounds for me, the cards I didn't bemoan, Froch was competitive throughout as Kovalev will be, he'll be shaded each round in a disputed loss by his and the Golovkin fans. Their are a lot of agendas on this forum.

Personally I am a huge fan of Ward and Kovalev. Wouldn't like to see a loser if truth be told.

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I actually think the powers that be want Kovalev to win, if it's a close fight I think KOv will get the decision.
                Do whoever wins do you believe they are p4p no.1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  who was the ref from Jennings-Wlad?

the one that threatened to take a point from Wlad for excessive holding?

that's who i want to ref Kovalev-Ward
                  he did take a point but in the 10th-11th round so kinda pointless when the fight has already been won on the cards. tony weeks did the same thing in garcia-matthysse in the 12th after countless low blows. too late buddy the fight's over! what's the point? so they look like they are good refs that know the rules? ignore fouling for the whole fight and then take a point when the cheater has the fight in the bag yay

Comment

Originally posted by Jewish Reptile View Post
                    Froch took three rounds for me, the cards I didn't bemoan, Froch was competitive throughout as Kovalev will be, he'll be shaded each round in a disputed loss by his and the Golovkin fans. Their are a lot of agendas on this forum.

Personally I am a huge fan of Ward and Kovalev. Wouldn't like to see a loser if truth be told.

Do whoever wins do you believe they are p4p no.1 ?
                    if its anywhere near a close fight ward-floyd fans will say he schooled kovalev so we already know the deal. they said the same about floyd-pac even though it was pac landing the much cleaner punches. for years and years we heard about floyd's greatness because he's the one landing the clean accurate shots then when the opposite happens he still schooled his opponent? hmm i see how it is. pac-marquez 3 was a robbery yet floyd-pac a schooling in floyd's favor? how can both things be possible? marquez landed the cleaner punchs while being outlanded and pac landed the cleaner punches against floyd while being outlanded(not really compubox was wrong but lets pretend) yet pac was schooled in both. fanboys what can you do? no matter what their guy wins and thats proof how easily they switched their criteria from pac-marquez 3 to pac-floyd. ward will win no matter what he does in their minds so whats the point of even watching?
                    Last edited by daggum; 08-24-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Tunney I get you are pro white and pro Russian but please dude you need to accept it if ward beats Kov.

Comment

Working...
                      X