No announcement yet.

The Spence ******ation is unreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Spence was a 100 to 1 favorite not because Bundu was so bad but because Spence was so good. Thurman was about 20 to 1 to beat Bundu. Clearly the bookies consider Spence better than Thurman. Thurman calls himself one time Thurman. He prides himself on getting the KO and he himself says he always tries for the KO. He didn't let Bundu survive to get some experience. That's a load of bull. If that was the case he could have carried Bundu for a while and taken him out in the 10th, 11th or 12th round. The fact is Thurman was too cautious and he failed to KO Bundu and it's as simple as that. Spence did something Thurman couldn't do. He KOed Bundu with ease in 6 rounds. He left Bundu stretched out and dead to the world. Beating Bundu is no big deal. Beating him in the fashion Spence beat him is something to get excited about. I don't believe for a second that Brook is avoiding Spence. Brook fighting the hardest punching, best and most dangerous middleweight in the world to avoid fighting Spence makes no sense at all. The idea is ridiculous. If Brook returns to 147 he will fight Spence. Brook is a fearless boxer. The idea that he would get himself knocked out by GGG to avoid fighting Spence is a very ****** one.
    I think that's very debatable. He was a 100-1 on because it was a completely ridiculous match-up against a small, unproven, feather fisted old man. Thurman definitely boxed straight from the beginning and had been talking about getting rounds leading up to the fight.

Compare how Thurman fought against Porter to how he fought against Bundu and tell me he didn't do it on purpose.

I agree with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      bundu is tricky. But he's not especially good. He's like the fred kassi of welterweights.

I said before the fight that I fully expected Spence to KO his ass in 5-6 rounds. but I was surprised by the amount of shots he took in the process. Especially in the early rounds. A top prospect shouldn't be taking shots from a bundu. Thurman didn't take many at all.

Look, Spence is good. But he has a lot of things to work on. If he was to face Brook now, he'd get smashed. Brook is a seasoned pro with power in both hands and who has fought 10+ southpaws in his career, all with KO wins.

Spence needs to fight a couple of genuine contenders. Fighting these feather fists with 20% KO ratio is going to do absolutely no good once he faces a beast like Brook.

Based on what I saw, Brook would stop Spence within 4 rounds if they fought today.
      You sound dumb as hell. Take away Porters split decision off Brooks resume then Spence resume is better, clown. They both havent fought anyone yet. Brooks been fighting bums overseas and sold his soul for money to take a beating from GGG. I cant blame him or khan for moving up taking paydays, it PRIZE fightin for a reason. Brook wont ever fight Spence just like khan will never fight brook. Spence needs to start calling out Thurman, o wait, Thurmans ducking him too

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Yet that is the script Brook fans run with when it comes to Khan-Canelo
        Was there an offer to fight Spence?
        Was there an offer to fight Spence for more than what he'd get to fight GGG?

Case closed. Ridiculous comparison.

Originally posted by Hype job View Post

Is this true?
        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          You sound dumb as hell. Take away Porters split decision off Brooks resume then Spence resume is better, clown. They both havent fought anyone yet. Brooks been fighting bums overseas and sold his soul for money to take a beating from GGG. I cant blame him or khan for moving up taking paydays, it PRIZE fightin for a reason. Brook wont ever fight Spence just like khan will never fight brook. Spence needs to start calling out Thurman, o wait, Thurmans ducking him too
          Brook running from Spence into GGG

Another ****** found.

Comment

It's NSB, what do you expect.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Spence was a 100 to 1 favorite not because Bundu was so bad but because Spence was so good. Thurman was about 20 to 1 to beat Bundu. Clearly the bookies consider

or...Bundu was undefeated when he faced Thurman and proceeded to lose 12-0. that could be why Spence was 100-1 against him.

Comment

some guys should not be used as measuring sticks for ''greatness''.

Comment

Brook is irrelevant now. Spence vs Garcia or Thurman is the fight everyone wants now that Hearn is cashing Brook out.

Comment

I agree that Spence is overrated but let's be honest, Brook is never tsopping Bundu in 2 rounds lol

Say what you want about Spence but the guy is huge at 147lb and a genuinely hard puncher. Harder than Thurman (obviously lol) and harder than Brook too.

Comment

American hype.

Porter had the exact same thing before he ran into Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X