No announcement yet.

If only boxing was capable of putting on an event like that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    How is Golovkin knocking out outmatched opponents any better?
    you're supposed to leave GGG out of this,and pretend he's not shi.tting in the face of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
      I pointed out the money it made, but the actual exposure the sport got was terrible because the reaction was all negative. People saw boxing as a joke. The promoters involved could've at least used that soulless, corporate cash-in to advertise their best young talent in meaningful fights and instead they put them in with bums.
      I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your take on boxing promoters and what WE would like as fans. Only pointing out the reasons are what they are. As fans we're passionate. You obviously are and I respect that. But pro boxing, MMA or any other sport is a business. They aren't targeting fans like you or me, they're targeting casual fans. And no matter what either of us would like or want they are making money or they wouldn't still be doing this. Personally I'd like less weight classes, one org that oversees the entire sport and same day weigh ins to make it fair for everyone. Won't happen though because there is more money in the the way they do it now.

Comment

stop this nonesense.. eddie hearn puts n better events with domestic level guys.. Nobody cares about mma.. its a flash in the pan. boxing is big everywhere around the world. mma has 1 star. now get the fk outta here

Comment

lets hope when the spotlight is on boxing with ward v kovalev, they both come to have a proper scrap. Like mcgregor and diaz did.

Comment

we havent seen garcia vs salka in the ufc, all their champs are taking the rough road

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              lets hope when the spotlight is on boxing with ward v kovalev, they both come to have a proper scrap. Like mcgregor and diaz did.
              It's a whole different game. Ward-Kov will be dictated by skills vs skills and defense vs power, not pure aggression. It is why boxing is called the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Quit repeating what the UFC media tells you to say. There is NO COMPARISON!!!! People vote with their wallets!!!!!!

This is the 5th highest gate in Vegas

Hopkins vs. Calzaghe blows this out of the water

UFC in Vegas numbers are significantly down

Berto vs. Mayweather did better than this card
                UFC content is still considerably better though who cares about the cash?

UFC is your average joe blogs sport which isn't overpriced, which doesn't have greedy athletes in it trying to manipulate the entire divisions.

As a neutral in all of this I don't care about what a fighter earns especially on the boxing side because 80% of the athletes are being paid way too much in boxing.
                Should a fighter be paid well, well yes obviously but you shouldn't be handing them a million or 500 grand to fight a guy who has absolutely no hope and that is exactly what happens in boxing a hell of a lot.

Comment

actually its cuba by far or the uk

Comment

thing is some of you have been so brainwashed by boxing. wilder arreola was a pretty good example, i moaned about it you all laughed at me when i said why cant he fight someone good as a replacment, as if the thought of him taking a risky opponent was absolutely crazy thinking, because you all are brainwashed into thinking you need two years to 'marinate a fight' aka get two fighters beating up bums in a 'who can beat the bum better' style fights before finally meeting. When dos anjos couldnt fight, mcgregor went up in weight and fought diaz in the first fight, not someone useless.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      thing is some of you have been so brainwashed by boxing. wilder arreola was a pretty good example, i moaned about it you all laughed at me when i said why cant he fight someone good as a replacment, as if the thought of him taking a risky opponent was absolutely crazy thinking, because you all are brainwashed into thinking you need two years to 'marinate a fight' aka get two fighters beating up bums in a 'who can beat the bum better' style fights before finally meeting. When dos anjos couldnt fight, mcgregor went up in weight and fought diaz in the first fight, not someone useless.
                      MMA is a different sport with more variables to let lesser ranked guys be competitive even moving up in weight. In boxing you have 2 fists to punch with and you legs to move. In MMA you both those things, kicks, knees, elbows, take downs, submissions, chokes etc. Being very good or even just good at one of those things can keep you in a fight were your opponent may not be as well versed. Less tools (ie boxing) makes it harder to competes. The playing field is level through out and there are no specialties. You either have what it takes or you don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X