Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Gets Gold, Split Nod Over Shakur Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mannysavage View Post
    What fight were u watching dude?
    Ramirez clearly outworked Shakur and imo he won every round with the 2nd 3rd round being close, Shakur looked promising but the cuban was just simply better
    I'm not an amateur boxing fan. I score fights on clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. In that order. Shakur landed the cleaner punches. Ramirez's aggression was mostly ineffective. Neiter one of them dictated anything. Which probably isn't uncommon in 3rd fights. And Shakur's defense was worlds better. I know amateur scoring is different. But as a long time fight fan, I thought Shakur clearly won.

Comment

I thought Shakur Stevenson won all 3 rounds with clean punching and defense.Ramirez was throwing punches but not landing.I dislike amateur boxing don't care to watch it that much.Stevenson will do well in the pros

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        Lmao, he lost a split decision in a 3 round fight
        HAHAHHAAH yeah and he lost it because he tried to coast for some strange reason in a 3rd round, wtf is that, dude was smiling clinching and looking at the clock is something wrong witht his kids brain? he sabotaged himself everyone knows amateur style is focused on punches look at Ray Leonard, Ward and Floyds amateur fights, high activity and lots of flurries and combos. this kid was trying to pot shot in the third and than tie up smh, he should have done like the cuban and go big or go home, that Cuban was gassed but he was trying his hardest to win, Shakur should have went from broke and threw many Flurries.

Comment

Keep in mind guys this was Robeisy's 5th fight and Shakur had 2 more days of rest. There is not a single Olympic gold medalist in Rio that had 5 fights.

Comment

Fought like it was a 10-round fight. Very disappointed! You live and you learn!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              The reason Shakur Stevenson lost the Gold Medal

wTF? why was he trying to be like Floyd in there and hold a lot and run the final clock thinking he had the fight in the bag with his big grin, everyone knows this is amateur boxing where punch out put is the main decider, that Cuban was just throwing sloppy punches and won off activity.

I dont get why he was trying to copy Floyd and show off his shoulder roll defense, and than tie up.

Shakur screwed up in a fight he could have won easy he was smiling acting ****y and even thinking he won you could see him grinning like he could just play the clock out and win ala Mayweather fights.

I think the meeting with Floyd ruined him, he idolizes Floyd and tried to pay homage to him not realizing this is not pro style, this is Ammy style you cant win with that and the clinching.

I already knew the Cuban would take it after the third round.
              100% AGREED!
              Too early to mess around with TMT.

Comment

Originally posted by ultravividscene View Post
                Who cares if he landed or not - although i thought he did - if you rely on judges to score then all that matters is making the judges think you are landing.

It's like that old excuse of 'but i was landing the harder shots doe!' - means **** if the judges can't feel them, the shots are not hurting, damaging or stopping your opponent, and they outland* you by a significant margin.

* Or in some cases just out throw - for reasons mentioned earlier.

Basically Stevenson knew and admitted he lost and was probably better placed than an armchair fan to tell.
                This, right here.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  I'm not an amateur boxing fan. I score fights on clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. In that order. Shakur landed the cleaner punches. Ramirez's aggression was mostly ineffective. Neiter one of them dictated anything. Which probably isn't uncommon in 3rd fights. And Shakur's defense was worlds better. I know amateur scoring is different. But as a long time fight fan, I thought Shakur clearly won.
                  Actually amateur scoring is not different anymore. Those are the very criteria these fights are judged on. Not liking amateur boxing is not a good starting point from which to try to judge the fights. Not knowing the basic rules make it all but impossible.

Shakur knew and admitted he lost a close fight. But of course, you, a person who doesn't like the sport, and doesn't know the rules, knows better than he does. Of course.

Comment

humbling experience.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      Ramirez is only 22 and already has 2 Olympic gold medals... Fxck
                      Yeah that guy needs to turn pro! Some promoter needs to get him out of cuba somehow!

Comment

Working...
                      X