No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Gets Gold, Split Nod Over Shakur Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolbreez12 View Post
    Can't complain about the result, it was a toss em fight. Shakur's were much cleaner, just got outworked a lil. I thought he had round 3 until the last 25 secs when the Cuban threw that flurry. Nothing really landed but it was the stamp on the fight.

Why did the ref break action on that one uppercut Shakur hit buddy with? It was clean as hell and the Cuban just stood there looking dumbfounded for a second or two, then the ref stopped the action. Shakur should've followed it up but he just stood there too. Really weird.
    The ref told them to break right before he threw the punch.

Comment

Yeaaaaaahhhh baby! !!

Ramirez took shakur to school.

2x Olympic champ at only 22 yrs old Ramirez going down as one of the best amateurs ever.

Comment

I'll have to go back and watch it again, but i don't think that's what happened on the uppercut I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Yeaaaaaahhhh baby! !!

Ramirez took shakur to school.

2x Olympic champ at only 22 yrs old Ramirez going down as one of the best amateurs ever.
          yeah he did, evident gulf in class. Know shakurs young but so is ramirez so ramirez has to go down as the better talent.

Comment

Great Fight between two young talented fighters. I had it 2-1 either way, thought Ramirez finished stronger so that likely got him that last round. Stevenson did well in the second and most of the 3rd but did not finish strong and it might have slipped away

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              He's 24 and will be one of those career amateurs.
              Born December 20th 1993 - he's 22.

Comment

Robeisy, Shakur and Michael has bright future ahead, cant wait to see them go pro

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  If you're impressed by throwing and missing wild punches......you're the one that don't know **** about boxing.
                  What fight were u watching dude?
                  Ramirez clearly outworked Shakur and imo he won every round with the 2nd 3rd round being close, Shakur looked promising but the cuban was just simply better

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Outworked but did he out land??
                    LOOKING busy should not be judged over punchers ACTUALLY scoring.
                    Who cares if he landed or not - although i thought he did - if you rely on judges to score then all that matters is making the judges think you are landing.

It's like that old excuse of 'but i was landing the harder shots doe!' - means **** if the judges can't feel them, the shots are not hurting, damaging or stopping your opponent, and they outland* you by a significant margin.

* Or in some cases just out throw - for reasons mentioned earlier.

Basically Stevenson knew and admitted he lost and was probably better placed than an armchair fan to tell.

Comment

Ramirez won clearly, two rounds to one. Gold went to the right man.

Comment

Working...
                      X