Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Gets Gold, Split Nod Over Shakur Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Gets Gold, Split Nod Over Shakur Stevenson

Shakur Stevenson of the United States failed to take the gold medal and settled for silver, with Cuba's Robeisy Ramirez picking up a split decision win to secure gold at bantamweight. It was the second gold medal for Ramirez in the Olympics. Ramirez was awarded the first round by all three judges, while Stevenson took the second. Both fighters went all out in the third, with Ramirez getting a 2-1 nod in the final round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'll never understand amateur boxing. The cuban didn't do **** but miss punches.

Comment

Shakur didnt look special at all.

Comment

Dayum you gotta feel for the little homie

Comment

Th e cuban was really good. He out worked shakur. Shakur looked nervous and bothered by the speed and the big moment. I think shakur has a better pro style though nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
            Right. Even though at 19, defensively he's already better than most of the guys that constantly get their ball's massaged around here.

Comment

Shakur did better then I thought he would.

Comment

The reason Shakur Stevenson lost the Gold Medal

wTF? why was he trying to be like Floyd in there and hold a lot and run the final clock thinking he had the fight in the bag with his big grin, everyone knows this is amateur boxing where punch out put is the main decider, that Cuban was just throwing sloppy punches and won off activity.

I dont get why he was trying to copy Floyd and show off his shoulder roll defense, and than tie up.

Shakur screwed up in a fight he could have won easy he was smiling acting ****y and even thinking he won you could see him grinning like he could just play the clock out and win ala Mayweather fights.

I think the meeting with Floyd ruined him, he idolizes Floyd and tried to pay homage to him not realizing this is not pro style, this is Ammy style you cant win with that and the clinching.

I already knew the Cuban would take it after the third round.

Comment

I agree with the judges, Shakur waited too long and the openings were there. Too hesitant with his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Najuk View Post
                    Are you kidding? He throws great punches he just got outwormed by a more seasoned fighter. His style will be well suited for the pro's.

Comment

Working...
                    X