No announcement yet.

Here is some sparring from Game Bred boxing gym and me working speed bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick..Slayer View Post
    you got any vids to share since you are ?????

Comment

good stuff man

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Yeah man, kick some youngsters asses lol & remember you are older so you wont be as fast BUT you are stronger (physically) so use that to your advantage...
        That much is clear from his "speed"bag work.

Comment

The feet are always the first to go and last to get back, take that part slow, dont get over anxious and SKIP ROPE!!! lol! Your coach was right about the feints, you have to be clever and itll also help with your footwork. And thats a good weight drop man, that just goes to show you got rid of the crappy UN-necessary weight. Yes timing beats speed BUT reflex is superior to both. Until your reflexes come back, just throw with those youngsters haha, you may get out worked but you will gain respect...

I think its cool you posted some vids btw most guys on here wouldnt, props to you and good luck!
          It takes balls to box...yea I feel my legs getting better....my reflexes are decent

I don't mind criticism... The guys with the most to say usually have done little to nothing in this sport

I'll continue to PoST some videos ...I'm gonna be working corners soon. I just feel my fighters will respect me more if I can get in their with them

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            Pugilist is a good guy man, I wont knock him. At least hes trying, besides speed bags are mostly about rythmm and eye/hand coordination. Thatll come from practice.

Comment

The feet are always the first to go and last to get back, take that part slow, dont get over anxious and SKIP ROPE!!! lol! Your coach was right about the feints, you have to be clever and itll also help with your footwork. And thats a good weight drop man, that just goes to show you got rid of the crappy UN-necessary weight. Yes timing beats speed BUT reflex is superior to both. Until your reflexes come back, just throw with those youngsters haha, you may get out worked but you will gain respect...

I think its cool you posted some vids btw most guys on here wouldnt, props to you and good luck!
              thanks man, moving your feet, hands and body at the same time, takes some time to knock the rust off.

He is training me to be his assistant trainer, be a chief second. work the corner while he is on the floor. Coach J cant walk, is in a wheel chair. Really needs me for the footwork and some padwork

He is trying to coax me into fighting, maybe he sees, something I dont lol...I just work hard and try to be a sponge.

Its some mosters at 141....we have a guy that fights and is built like Amir Imam....5'10"-11" @ 141....yikes....reggie is a bout 5'8".....I may do a few novice fights to get my feet wet. IM only 5' 6.5" so Im thinking about 132...but damn, another 13 pounds will sucks...I wrestled at 135 my senior year in high school and struggled all year to make weight. I ate what I wanted most times, IM gonna have to be disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                ...you do know the purpose of a speed bag is for rhythm and timing...not speed...right?

its cool, post a video so I can see how its done....

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  good stuff man
                  thanks man, its inspirational to see those guys work. Coach coaxed me into sparring today. Im shadowing him to be an assistant trainer, but I feel being able to move around and fight will help me as a trainer and gain respect from the fighters in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick..Slayer View Post
                    post a video of yourself and show me hows its done.....im starting from scratch after years out the ring so, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed, trolling is expect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      you got any vids to share since you are ?????
                      he doesnt or wont post them, everyone has an opinion but many on this site who go in the hardest on fighters, never stepped foot in a boxing gym a day in their lives

Comment

Working...
                      X