No announcement yet.

Boxing Is Dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    True in certain cases, but what about the fighters in the Haymon stable? What's keeping big fights from happening? Do you have any answer? Your so-called network/promotional Issues are non existent in this case.

Thurman vs Garcia, Thurman vs Spence, Thurman vs Broner, Thurman vs Brook (not a Haymon fighter but have no issue fighting anyone, ie, Porter vs Brook), Garcia vs Porter, Garcia vs Broner, Garcia vs Spence, Spence vs Porter, Spence vs Broner, Spence vs Peterson, Broner vs Peterson, Broner vs Berto, Broner vs Guerrero, Porter vs Berto, Porter vs Guerrero, Porter vs Peterson, Brook vs Garcia, Brook vs Broner, Brook vs Spence, Lara vs Andrade, Lara vs Williams, Lara vs Charlos, Lara vs Quillin, Lara vs Jacobs, and so on...
    They will all demand bigger purses for those high profiled fights hence what I was saying about fighters holding out for the most money.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
      it's all cuckold betas who are in boxing now.

big guys fighting little guys like it's one big accomplishment.

then ones the fight we all hoped to see happens it's just nothing but a fluke of a fight.

good luck with this sport.

It's not dead but I do believe it's dying

Comment

Lowest point in boxing history. Fighters on top are not prompted to fight the best in their respective division. Too many of them are waiting to get overpaid for easy fights.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
          Wilder-Povetkin will still happen down the road. And the winner of that will fight winner of Klitschko-Fury 2 and then Joshua.

We got Ward-Kovalev

We got Usyk-Glowacki

GGG-Canelo next year

Many more...

Ward-Kovalev will happen though
          Wilder wont fight povetkin.

When canelo GGG negotiations come , canelo and oscar will say he wants too much and keep avoiding him hoping age catches up to GGG.
          They are using the floyd waiting out Pac . Floyd showed everyone how to ruin the sport.

I think kovalev beats ward up, I think ward pulls out with a fake injury and asks for a tune up in early 2017 . Kovalev fight may never happen. I hope im wrong

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              I'm glad people in social media are starting to call attention to the dying state of the sport. I hope it will reverberate throughout every corner of the internets. They should focus on the divas and ducks.

Comment

Robert Guerrero was just recently ran over by a cab driver. Seems these are the types of matches Haymon can only afford right now. In that case, we need more of these cab drivers and rally around them and hope Haymon's cherrypicking, overpaid stars suffer the same fate.

Comment

as a long time boxing fan i have personally been paying less attention to the sport.

Comment

mexico hates its champ. pr has no champ. the uk has the most belt-holders. the us has bud crawford and beyonce wilder.

it is pretty bad now, worst i've ever seen.

the fact that the UFC is putting on ridiculous fights doesn't help either.

Comment

Maybe in the US it's somewhat dead but not in Europe and Russia.

Comment

Working...
                      X