No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Officially Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostOne View Post
    He was an OK fighter nothing special. A faded Morales should have gotten the decision and Khan beat him....I'm glad he made his money but he has become some sort of legend or something when in reality he was just better than average.
    Ah yes, the Khan story... again... pre-Garcia. So, you didn't see him at the last third of his career re-invent himself? Geez, if that isn't a special fighter, then none exist. You need to be more appreciative of what Maidana accomplished. Embarrassed Broner, gave Ortiz his first loss, (IMO) drew with Floydie. Obviously not an ATG, but certainly not average at all.

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
    Thank you for beating the piss out of Broner and the wonderful meme thread that came out of it. And also thank you for beating Mayweather in that first fight and bringing out the utter pussy in him by making all of those ridiculous demands just so he could have the edge in the rematch, thus cementing himself as the biggest bitch in the sport.

Enjoy your retirement champ.
    Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    My favorite Chino moment was when he made a gun sign with his hand and held it over Broners head. That really pissed Broner off. Lol! But yeah i dont blame him 1 bit for retiring. Happy fishing!
    Amen times a billion.

Comment

will always like maidana for that broner fight which was one of the funniest nights of boxing i have ever seen and for his performance in the first fight with mayweather

shame he is retiring he could have been a serious force at 147 with the new generation of garcia thurman brook ect but he is set for life now good for him

EDIT hahaha still makes me laugh

Last edited by davef; 08-09-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

As if, he'll come back for the money.
        And I think he still has some really good fights in him too

Comment

I hope he does stay involved in the sport because he was a much craftier and trickier guy than people realize so he has a lot of knowledge he can pass onto the next generation of Argentine fighters.

Comment

I don't see this lasting unless he has a better financial advisor. He made good money but he also was paying haymon and a secondary manager. I don't know though, he seemed to live simple before the Floyd fight and then went full hollywood after that first check, hope, seriously hope got that shh out of his system and stopped blowing money on stupid sh.

Comment

We need more Chinos and less lil gs.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                I don't see this lasting unless he has a better financial advisor. He made good money but he also was paying haymon and a secondary manager. I don't know though, he seemed to live simple before the Floyd fight and then went full hollywood after that first check, hope, seriously hope got that shh out of his system and stopped blowing money on stupid sh.
                its well known haymon fighters pocket a huge percentage compared to their counterparts who have to pay managers and promoters

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  its well known haymon fighters pocket a huge percentage compared to their counterparts who have to pay managers and promoters
                  Yes while that is well known there are fighters who are also signed at a parent level with someone else. Pacquaio was until Arum bought him out of that contract, so was Rigo. Same shh happens in music and modeling its called "Parent Agency"

Comment

He went 1-1 with Floyd, I mean that's more than most have accomplished other than Jose Luis Castillo, Pacquiao and De La Hoya who also beat Floyd.

Comment

What an ingrate. He SHOULD have thanked TBE for making him a multi-millionaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X