Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all Chino!!!!! 48-1

Comment

Good bye "El Chino!"

You will be missed. Also thanks for beating Adrien Broner ahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by ant10027 View Post
        To Floyd, Thank you for the two big paydays..........
        Plus the undisclosed money he got just so Floyd would not get punched in the face with Maidana's preferred gloves.

Comment

Floyd took it out of him.. Another fighter retired by FMJ.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
            give it a few months and deontay wilder will name him as his next opponent
            Naw calling up Welters is golovkin's thing

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
              Naw calling up Welters is golovkin's thing
              hehehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by barf View Post
                After a long time out of the rings and after giving it a lot of thinking since my last fight I've decided to hang up the gloves for good. Probably my decision would not surprise much as I had given hints of it in the last few months. But at this time I am making it official.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm happy for him. Glad he went out like this rather than fighting without the motivation. My favorite fighter of my generation. Wish you the best Chino!
                Originally posted by MDPopescu
                I meant to say that if one doesn't feel the fire inside of him in the first place, a comeback it would be more difficult...
                ^^^ This is what I said earlier (before he announced retirement)...

Comment

He had a great run.

The great Marcos Maidana was an balls-to-the-wall fighter who made his name by kicking ass in a fan-friendly manner. He didn't talk trash; he did his talking with his fists. Inside the ring, he was a brave, strong, intelligent roughneck who gave his all and fought with bad intentions. A throwback fighter in the era of cherrypicking and businessmen boxers.

Outside the ring and now in retirement, he is a humble, down-to-earth, level-headed man who lives a simple yet fulfilling life.

A lot of people know him for his great power and tremendous offensive output. Few fans know about Chino Maidana's ring intelligence and craftiness. Just because he's a brawler doesn't mean he isn't a wily veteran like Bernard Hopkins. Maidana never got enough credit for his defense. For all the wars he has had, he never came out looking badly damaged like Arturo Gatti. Marcos moved his head a lot and could time incoming punches well.

I'm glad he retired. He's has a lot of wars in the ring. Fights that cause substantial wear-and-tear to the body.

Maidana's fights with Andreas Kotelnik, Victor Ortiz, Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Jesus Soto Karass, Josesito Lopez, Adrien Broner, and Floyd Mayweather took a lot out of him physically. Think about the way Maidana fights and you'll understand. He comes forward during most of the fight and expends a lot of energy throwing punches. Maidana is a power-punching brawler who throws a high volume of punches. That fighting style is not sustainable. El Chino's career was like a fireworks -- short but exciting while it lasted.

He'll always be my favorite. He was a man in and out of the ring.
                  Last edited by punchr; 08-09-2016, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    One of the few modern fighters that used the right hook.

Those Argentines are some deadly mid-range punchers...they throw from angles you don't know exist.
                    His right hook was a thing of beauty. Gonna miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                      Thanks for all the Fun fights Chino . Anyone got a good Maidana highlight to post .

Comment

Working...
                      X