Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Officially Announces Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He retired with two wins against Floyd Mayweather Jr on his record..

Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      He just said he wasn't retiring...like yesterday didn't he?
      He said he never announced his retirement, but he never said he was fighting again either.

Comment

Comment

team maidana for life baby

Comment

Originally posted by LostOne View Post
            He was an OK fighter nothing special. A faded Morales should have gotten the decision and Khan beat him....I'm glad he made his money but he has become some sort of legend or something when in reality he was just better than average.
            I don't think anyone's saying he was a great fighter, what I'm saying is that he was a tough guy who forced his opponents to work for every minute and delivered fun fights. There are not enough Marcos Maidanas in boxing.

Also, he provided the source material for hundreds of Broner memes and for that he deserves our eternal gratitude:

Comment

Fun fighter to watch. He arguably beat floyd fair and square in fight 1 . He exposed ortiz
              And broner.

Would have loved to watch him fight 1 more time vs brook or bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                He said he never announced his retirement, but he never said he was fighting again either.
                Yeah, but that was like yesterday wasn't it? Lol I mean I like him just for the beating he gave broner boner, but that was a quick turn around time

Comment

give it a few months and deontay wilder will name him as his next opponent

Comment

There's some bait in this thread that I'd love to bite on, but this is about Chino.

Congrats on a great career! Enjoy retirement and don't blow through that Mayweather money!

Comment

Maidana gave me so many great fights over the years and made a nice little career for himself. Not many can claim to push Mayweather like he did. He'll unfortunately be remembered as a crude brawler as time passes, but the man was more. I'll be there in 30 years telling boxing fans what kind of fighter Marcos Maidana was and suggesting his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X