Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't lose the type of money PBC has lost and think lawsuits won't fly. Especially when you got a shady manager of these guys investments not disclosing his relationship with Haymon. And then when the crap hits the fan he bounces and now works with Haymon? This was a foolish investment that was beyond risky and doesn't sound like it lined up with the investment portfolio. And it's not just rich folks who got hosed most of these were small mom and pop owners and retirement plans. I said from day one this was a ponzi like scheme.

ESPN and NBC has both fired the network execs from both companies that brokered the deal with PBC. PBC is not even giving either networks any real fights because they know both are just waiting till the network deal runs out to cut bait from PBC because the ratings have been dreadful. PBC has seriously cut back on the fighter purses, the amount of shows they air while sending majority of Haymon fighters back to Showtime for a reason. But they haven't built any stars fighters are going back to Showtime drawing HALF the ratings they did PRIOR to fighting on PBC...see leo santa cruz who last week drew just 480k viewers but early 2015 before PBC as a undercard drew over 900k viewers against bum Jesus Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      I get all that.. My point is that PBC is less than 1% of the investors money. These guys manage a hundred billion+ and spent a few hundred million on pbc.. These investors have lost a lot more money with Waddell than was just invested in Pbc. These lawsuits may be legit, but it's not all of pbc's doing, PBC is just a small portion of what investors lost overall. Some boxing media try to act like it's all because of PBC, when in reality it's much more about Waddell making bad investments besides PBC.
      All PBC has accomplished is fracture the sport creating divides among fans and burn investors money. Sure Waddell has bigger issues and has seen other loses recently outside of PBC but that don't mean the investors just ignore about half a billion flushed in the toilet for a shady boxing investment that never had a sound business model, about no shot of recouping those loses and looks like a inside job robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Wow. What the **** is going on? At what point do you pull the plug? On what planet did Al Haymon think he was going to monopolize a dying sport and turn it into a profit?
        Monopolizing the sporty with that kind of $ should of been easy.

He couldn't even do that.

He stole that money IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          $430,000,000 in one year. That's more than enough to make weekly fights.

12 months x 4 = 48 weeks

$430 million / 48 = $8,958,333 per week
          What kinda "Can I pet the rabbits George" **** is this?

Brother there is a hell of a lot more going on with PBC than just throwing money at boxers purses. They had to pay off GBP first off to get their roster. They had to buy TV time & work deals with networks that at least partially involved buying time with most channels. They had to setup the whole PBC TV production. They probably threw a mill at that ****ty ass Hans Zimmer music which might still be the worst use of the money they were given. They are buying contracts of fighters. They are paying promoters to put on shows I assume or have some sort of crafty agreement with their major promoters that involve the exchange of money. There are dozens (at least) of PBC employees who expect a check every week. There is a lot more going on here.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          PBC should have tried to be like UFC, instead it's the same old boxing politics just on a different channel
          You don't just try to be like the UFC overnight. It took 15 years for the UFC to go from being worth $2M (in 2001) to $4B (in 2016). And I think Zuffa went in debt to the tune of ~$40M (20 times their initial investment) before they turned the corner & started making money. PBC has been around 17 months. The UFC wasn't even halfway to being $40M in debt 17 months into things. And MMA was much more wide open, less convoluted sport in 2001 to be involved in than boxing along with less major players to fight market share for.

Some of you guys have the long term thinking of a 7 year old in the backseat of their parents car on a 2,000 mile cross country road trip. PBC's plan, regardless if it fail or succeeds at the end of the day, is going to take YEARS. You don't spend the money they've spent on infrastructure to have a going out of business sale months into a multiple year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Monopolizing the sporty with that kind of $ should of been easy.
            Monopolizing a sport with more or less standard 3 year deals with promoters and multiple fight/multiple year deals with networks when you've been in business 17 months? Come on man.

To get a monopoly in boxing you need the talent. HBO has the entire P4P roster under contract. Til those guys start having their contracts ended & see the allure of anything PBC can offer them in regards to money & a wider audience PBC isn't coming any closer to a monopoly. Or PBC has to gain ground on the P4P list & top fighters list in most divisions thru fighters fighting & winning fights & that takes time.

Some of you guys need to at least use a lil logical thought progression on how this would all really work & just not claim someone is failing cuz they haven't taken the world by storm in 17 months & you can't really convince yourself this is possible by anyone. Although to be fair I'd be lying if I said I expected more from some of you boxing fans who call a guy a bum cuz he lost two fights his whole career.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

You don't just try to be like the UFC overnight. It took 15 years for the UFC to go from being worth $2M (in 2001) to $4B (in 2016). And I think Zuffa went in debt to the tune of ~$40M (20 times their initial investment) before they turned the corner & started making money. PBC has been around 17 months. The UFC wasn't even halfway to being $40M in debt 17 months into things. And MMA was much more wide open, less convoluted sport in 2001 to be involved in than boxing along with less major players to fight market share for.

Some of you guys have the long term thinking of a 7 year old in the backseat of their parents car on a 2,000 mile cross country road trip. PBC's plan, regardless if it fail or succeeds at the end of the day, is going to take YEARS. You don't spend the money they've spent on infrastructure to have a going out of business sale months into a multiple year plan.
              I never said they would do it overnight or in a few years, but they needed to run it like UFC. Your own belts, and best matchups possible, consistent schedule, consistent rules and ring size, etc.. They could have done that stuff from day 1 just like UFC, pride, and bellator have done

Comment

Stop acting like you know ****. You don't. Game of Thrones is estimated to cost $60 million per season. Ten episodes is $6 million each. And that's not even on free tv. And you're saying PBC has to spend $8 mil for a effing Lara vs Zaveck fight?

Comment

Brother there is a hell of a lot more going on with PBC than just throwing money at boxers purses. They had to pay off GBP first off to get their roster. They had to buy TV time & work deals with networks that at least partially involved buying time with most channels. They had to setup the whole PBC TV production. They probably threw a mill at that ****ty ass Hans Zimmer music which might still be the worst use of the money they were given. They are buying contracts of fighters. They are paying promoters to put on shows I assume or have some sort of crafty agreement with their major promoters that involve the exchange of money. There are dozens (at least) of PBC employees who expect a check every week. There is a lot more going on here.

The difference is UFC was starting with a sport that nobody really knew about. Boxing has been established for years. You're acting like PBC had to invent a new sport.

It was a bad idea with even worse execution. I don't know why that's so hard for some of you guys to deal with.

Comment

Monopolizing a sport with more or less standard 3 year deals with promoters and multiple fight/multiple year deals with networks when you've been in business 17 months? Come on man.

To get a monopoly in boxing you need the talent. HBO has the entire P4P roster under contract. Til those guys start having their contracts ended & see the allure of anything PBC can offer them in regards to money & a wider audience PBC isn't coming any closer to a monopoly. Or PBC has to gain ground on the P4P list & top fighters list in most divisions thru fighters fighting & winning fights & that takes time.

Some of you guys need to at least use a lil logical thought progression on how this would all really work & just not claim someone is failing cuz they haven't taken the world by storm in 17 months & you can't really convince yourself this is possible by anyone. Although to be fair I'd be lying if I said I expected more from some of you boxing fans who call a guy a bum cuz he lost two fights his whole career.
                    You can buy contracts out you dumb ****.

Heck, for that kind of $ he probably could of easily just bought top rank, and any other company he wanted.

With that kind of money he could of done whatever he wanted.

Except, he did NOTHING! accomplished nothing! where did all the money go?

Comment

Haymon wasn't even able to produce PPV stars. His fighters are inactive as ever. Garcia, Thurman, Porter have become one-fight-a-year fighters. Lara is still fighting Martirosyan and Zaveck type opponents. Jacobs is fighting Mora. He can easily make Thurman vs Garcia if he wanted to with the kind of money available.

Comment

Working...
                      X