Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all that money Haymon would rather do Lara vs Rodriguez, Lara vs Zaveck, Lara vs Martirosyan 2. All three fights for nearly $3 million. And that's only for Lara's purse. What did it do for the sport? Absolutely nothing. Thurman vs Porter got a combined purse total of $2.4 mil, yet it did well and established the 2 fighters as real deals in the sport. Not to mention the high ratings it got.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      With all that money Haymon would rather do Lara vs Rodriguez, Lara vs Zaveck, Lara vs Martirosyan 2. All three fights for nearly $3 million. And that's only for Lara's purse. What did it do for the sport? Absolutely nothing. Thurman vs Porter got a combined purse total of $2.4 mil, yet it did well and established the 2 fighters as real deals in the sport. Not to mention the high ratings it got.
      What is GGG fighting a WW do for the sport?...on top of all the other sorry fights he's involved with.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        What is GGG fighting a WW do for the sport?...on top of all the other sorry fights he's involved with.
        You normally blame ducks, not the guy who is being ducked like a disease. Agree?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          HBO's crony trolls flooding forums with misleading propaganda. Any one of you could have "expected" earnings, and if it's not where it should be, one could say "he or I lost..." NSB trolls assume "losing money" from whatever misleading context that may be, is synonymous to bankruptcy?

HBO sucks more. Downsizing budgets could be, "losing" money.
          I dont really know what HBO has to do with it, they are broke themselves. Its basically like the tea calling the kettle black if what you are saying is true. HBO as a network is surviving off its shows not boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            You normally blame ducks, not the guy who is being ducked like a disease. Agree?
            They're not ducking him...just the low-ball offers he's throwing at them.

GGG sure does fight a lot for somebody that is so avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              I dont really know what HBO has to do with it, they are broke themselves. Its basically like the tea calling the kettle black if what you are saying is true. HBO as a network is surviving off its shows not boxing.
              We finally agree on something.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                They're not ducking him...just the low-ball offers he's throwing at them.

GGG sure does fight a lot for somebody that is so avoided.
                Golovkin is not some Paqcuioa who can offer $3-4 mil per fight. Even Mayweather, the PPV king, can't offer that kind of money. It's ridiculous.

Haymon had lots of choices. Just examples:

Broner vs Peterson
                Broner vs Garcia
                Broner vs Berto
                Broner vs Thurman
                Broner vs Guerrero

Lara vs Williams
                Lara vs Jermell Charlo
                Lara vs Andrade

Lara vs Jacobs
                Lara vs Lee
                Lara vs Saunders
                Lara vs Quillin
                (all 4 fighters Lara called out)

I'm sure there are more...

Haymon would rather do Lara vs Zaveck...
                Last edited by brettWall; 08-09-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  This is the part that seems sketchy to me..

The money invested by Waddell is less than 1% of their holdings.. Even if they lose everything in PBC, it's still only less than 1% of holdings and should have no impact on the bottom line. From what I have read, Waddell stock price and value has dropped over 18%, which means a lot of their other bigger investments has gone south. There is no way for Pbc to cause that big of a drop. I think the lawsuit is legit, just that boxing progandaists are spinning this like it's all the doing of PBC, when in fact there is a lot more wrong at Waddell which is the primary cause of the lawsuit. Pbc might be highlighted as an example, but I'm sure it's just a minor piece of evidence, and nothing criminal or malicious towards investors. All Waddell has to say is that ufc just sold for 4 billion and lost lots of money early,, pbc was on the same course
                  I dont care who or what you are, losing over 400 million is gonna hurt. Making it a low percentage dont make it no less.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      http://www.fightopinion.com/2016/08/08/boxing-al-haymon-myspace-430-million-waddell-ivy/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fightopinion+%28FightOpinion. com+-+Your+Global+Connection+to+the+Fight+Industry.%29

Holy ****!

How is that even possible, I knew he was blowing money but 430 mill!?

Thief!
                      Dude you think Haymon gives a crap. Hell no, he made multi millions while blowing through that money.

Look, that almost a billion dollars was not his anyways. It was investor money. You have to look at the big picture.

Haymon is a advisor/Manager/promoter. He was putting these shows on and pulling in gate profit. He was paying his fighters millions of dollars, and as a advisor/manager he got a cut of that. Since the started the PBC series how much money do you think he payed his fighters total? 100-200million? He got a least a 10-20 percent cut of that. So he made anywhere from 10-40million right ther and he got the gate revenue from those shows, which is prolly another few million.

He never had to go out pocket to do all those tv block buys because it came out of the investor money and he never had to go out of pocket to pay the pseudo promotors for those shows as that also came out of the investor money too.

Haymon is one smart snake of a guy. He swindled these investors into ponying up this money then found a way to funnel it into his pocket.

While these investors saw all this money getting flushed down the drain. Haymon had a huge smile because that drain was his pockets.

Comment

Working...
                      X