No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I said it from the beginning, Haymon was overpaying his fighters because he was oayng himself at the same time. Every time they fought he got paid. Over paying them just meant he made more money too.

He's a fcking thief.
    You said it perfectly. But the reported amount of money lost solely from boxing is inflated. No way they don't see this kind of loss building and cut it off early.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
      Dude you think Haymon gives a crap. Hell no, he made multi millions while blowing through that money.

Look, that almost a billion dollars was not his anyways. It was investor money. You have to look at the big picture.

Haymon is a advisor/Manager/promoter. He was putting these shows on and pulling in gate profit. He was paying his fighters millions of dollars, and as a advisor/manager he got a cut of that. Since the started the PBC series how much money do you think he payed his fighters total? 100-200million? He got a least a 10-20 percent cut of that. So he made anywhere from 10-40million right ther and he got the gate revenue from those shows, which is prolly another few million.

He never had to go out pocket to do all those tv block buys because it came out of the investor money and he never had to go out of pocket to pay the pseudo promotors for those shows as that also came out of the investor money too.

Haymon is one smart snake of a guy. He swindled these investors into ponying up this money then found a way to funnel it into his pocket.

While these investors saw all this money getting flushed down the drain. Haymon had a huge smile because that drain was his pockets.

God bless America!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        I dont really know what HBO has to do with it, they are broke themselves. Its basically like the tea calling the kettle black if what you are saying is true. HBO as a network is surviving off its shows not boxing.
        HBO is not going anywhere. They are nowhere close to "surviving." HBO is just of no interest on its boxing like it used to be. That has to do with the generation of its boxing roster, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          HBO is not going anywhere. They are nowhere close to "surviving." HBO is just of no interest on its boxing like it used to be. That has to do with the generation of its boxing roster, nothing more.
          Learn English, fcuking idiot

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Learn English, fcuking idiot
            might have to put you on ignore soon. Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              http://www.fightopinion.com/2016/08/08/boxing-al-haymon-myspace-430-million-waddell-ivy/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fightopinion+%28FightOpinion. com+-+Your+Global+Connection+to+the+Fight+Industry.%29

Holy ****!

How is that even possible, I knew he was blowing money but 430 mill!?

Thief!
              Ive been pretty vocal on my stance about PBC for certain reasons. The concept about free boxing on network T.V. has been great and it is great and I dont want that to fail, no fan should. BUT PBC as a business is awful for the sport of boxing and heres why. As most already know, The Ali Act was made to dissuade Promoters as acting a managers, hence disallowing greedy promoters from double dipping into a fighters purse and paving a career which benefits the financial need of the promoter and not the fighter. What Al Haymon is doing is the COMPLETE opposite, hes a manager/advisor so his best interest are in the fighters themselves which is cool for the fighter but not the sport itself. I think PBC was launched to prematurely, I think Haymon and the powers that be got a little to anxious. De La Hoya mustve been showing some coherency as to what was going on with his fighters because in all reality Haymon shouldve waited for Mayweather Promotions to get a leg to stand on and Richard Shaffer to come out of his hole before it launched. And lol, I wouldnt call Haymon a thief BUT I do find it hard to believe a man of his education and knowledge not know what is happening with the money he is handling. I do think he is naive to the in and outs of Boxing promoting as a whole, its not as easy as Bob Arum makes it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                might have to put you on ignore soon. Keep it up
                That would hurt so much, getting ignored by a moron that can't put together a proper sentence or an argument

Comment

So much dumbassery, incomplete info & nutty prospective on future events in this thread I'm not even sure where to start. I mean ffs if PBC was as horriblu ran & planned as people suggested it'd be out of business already.

A few things doe.

1)Investors losing money on a investment suing is rarely successful & I see no logic in the people suing Waddel holding ANY weight at all. These are a bunch of rich mfers trying to angle into getting some of their investments back.

2)A fund investing 1% of their money into PBC & losing 18% of their value isn't PBC's problem. Some of you dumb mfers don't understand math.

3)I guarantee you PBC isn't the riskiest investment this fund or any profitable fund is making at any given time. These type of investors are sprinkling money all over on small (in terms of their bankroll) bets that can turn huge profits. An attempt to mainstream how boxing works is surely a small bet that could be huge in the event it works out.

4)Wasn't one of PBC's Waddell's first "investments" just flipped right over to GBP to insure that GBP's fighters were more or less "sold" to PBC/Haymon? Thus thats $100M or whatever the alleged amount Oscar got out of the $400M right there. There is also infrastructure costs that surely reach high figures. Purchasing TV time. Anyone who thinks that Erislandy Lara getting a mill is why so much money was spent by PBC in their first year & change is a f#cking moron.

5)Ryan Caldwell was supposedly part of the deal from most accounts to Haymon getting the money from Waddell that he got since Caldwell was so respected. Caldwell has been one of the most successful & most profitable investors in his industry over the last 2 decades. The money Haymon got is pennies on the dollar to the money he's seen & likely made. Hardly an inside job & it doesn't even make much sense unless you follow some Alex Jones Info Wars logic. Caldwell does still consult with PBC, but runs his own VC fund now.

6)Is anyone looking at the live sports TV money that is getting thrown out there? The UFC's getting 90M a year & rumored to be shopping for a deal that will be doubled or better next time around. Stupid ass sports like soccer in the US thats drawing less ratings than most PBC cards are getting massive amounts of money. There is also streaming services which are becoming more popular. The WWE is knocking down $12M a month, $144M a year with their service. The UFC is alleged to be making $4.5M a month & $54M a year with theres. There is money in live sports. There is money in boxing you sad sack, glass half empty all the time, boxing is dying, anti-math mfers.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 08-09-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    That would hurt so much, getting ignored by a moron that can't put together a proper sentence or an argument
                    bye! ignored by a "Turk" too

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      So much dumbassery, incomplete info & nutty prospective on future events in this thread I'm not even sure where to start. I mean ffs if PBC was as horriblu ran & planned as people suggested it'd be out of business already.

A few things doe.

1)Investors losing money on a investment suing is rarely successful & I see no logic in the people suing Waddel holding ANY weight at all. These are a bunch of rich mfers trying to angle into getting some of their investments back.

2)A fund investing 1% of their money into PBC & losing 18% of their value isn't PBC's problem. Some of you dumb mfers don't understand math.

3)I guarantee you PBC isn't the riskiest investment this fund or any profitable fund is making at any given time. These type of investors are sprinkling money all over on small (in terms of their bankroll) bets that can turn huge profits. An attempt to mainstream how boxing works is surely a small bet that could be huge in the event it works out.

4)Wasn't one of PBC's Waddell's first "investments" just flipped right over to GBP to insure that GBP's fighters were more or less "sold" to PBC/Haymon? Thus thats $100M or whatever the alleged amount Oscar got out of the $400M right there. There is also infrastructure costs that surely reach high figures. Purchasing TV time. Anyone who thinks that Erislandy Lara getting a mill is why so much money was spent by PBC in their first year & change is a f#cking moron.

5)Ryan Caldwell was supposedly part of the deal from most accounts to Haymon getting the money from Waddell that he got since Caldwell was so respected. Caldwell has been one of the most successful & most profitable investors in his industry over the last 2 decades. The money Haymon got is pennies on the dollar to the money he's seen & likely made. Hardly an inside job & it doesn't even make much sense unless you follow some Alex Jones Info Wars logic. Caldwell does still consult with PBC, but runs his own VC fund now.

6)Is anyone looking at the live sports TV money that is getting thrown out there? The UFC's getting 90M a year & rumored to be shopping for a deal that will be doubled or better next time around. Stupid ass sports like soccer in the US thats drawing less ratings than most PBC cards are getting massive amounts of money. There is also streaming services which are becoming more popular. The WWE is knocking down $12M a month, $144M a year with their service. The UFC is alleged to be making $4.5M a month & $54M a year with theres. There is money in live sports. There is money in boxing you sad sack, glass half empty all the time, boxing is dying, anti-math mfers.
                      nicely put..

Comment

Working...
                      X