No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    So you think they invested in boxing believing they would make $500m plus in the first 15 or so months. Ok.
    I never said the first 15 months, you said that, not me. I don't think they'll make that back in an x amount of months especially when they're overpaying the boxers. But hey, you're the business expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Keep being in denial then. Brand isn't going to matter much if it's not going to make back the money it spent.
      What makes you so confident that PBC can't secure a TV deal with live sports being so valuable to the TV networks that are contending with a fleeing viewership that is cutting the cord within the next 2 or 3 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        What makes you so confident that PBC can't secure a TV deal with live sports being so valuable to the TV networks that are contending with a fleeing viewership that is cutting the cord within the next 2 or 3 years?
        Overpaying their boxers especially for shit fights. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Are you groupies so offended by what I'm saying? Didn't you dudes read that I want it to succeed?

Comment

Overpaying their boxers especially for shit fights. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Are you groupies so offended by what I'm saying? Didn't you dudes read that I want it to succeed?
          We're going in circles now. And now I see why you thought you needed to clarify before. Let's agree to disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Evidently that little peasant,ms fantastic has never been in business before.
            Clearly the whole conversation was over his head. And I thought I was breaking it down in layman's terms.

Comment

That peasant mentality on display.

Underpay them is the way to go for this scab-minded little crotch-watcher

Comment

I asked you a legit question in a reasonable way bro calm down lol.

I mean where is the drama, groupieness or fanboyism in that f#cking question?

Their plan from the start was being the "irrational player" in the market. It seems to me it was planned for the top guys to make a mill per fight more or less. And as others have said it does seems as if their purses have dropped a little so they are obviously learning & adapting as things progress.

Personally i think the money thats been burnt on fights is being overestimated & the money thats been spent on infrastructure & resolving the GBP/fighter situation at the jump is being underestimated as to the alleged $400M+ thats been spent. So the opinion that PBC will burn $300M+ a year or whatever isn't a legit concern.

I also suspect Ryan Caldwell (who is still a consultant for PBC & has his own VC fund now) &/or parties he's associated with with money &/or Slick Ricky friendly investors have money on the backend waiting if necessary to bridge the gap between any Waddell money being used up & a TV deal (or delving into the PPV market or starting a streaming service or whatever the plan actually is) being reached. Thus I think spending the full $900M or whatever amount they have isn't PBC's funeral its simply a 2nd round of funding as many companies have in their early years.

I think most people are underestimating the thought that went into this plan & the ability to alter their strategy or bend things as needed to give themselves the best possible outcome even if their reach ultimately exceeds their grasp with becoming "bigger than the UFC".

Comment

• WHO CARES!!

So you are mad at Haymon because he lost money?????????
                  He gave fans a bunch of free fights, whats so bad about that?
                  And it only effected him.

The fans got to see great fights, fighters got paid what they wanted and more.

Comment

• step 1: overpay fighters for crap fighters

step 2: expect overpaid fighters to take tough fights

step 3: fail

Comment

• Any list of fighters who became new stars out of that $430 million? I mean most of them are former GBP/HBO fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X