Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Russians on Our Turf Trying To Take What We Have!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    golovkin was never ever ever ready to fight ward. they danced around that fight. even claimed they needed 164. the problem is all of the golovkin fans lose logic when it comes to him because they are so focused on protecting him away from an actual threat. get this: why in the living world would ward fight kovalov at 175 but not golovkin at 168? do u really think golovkin is more of a threat at 168 then kovalov at 175? if so I'd argue you're ether a casual fan or have no clue about styles or the sport of boxing. what golovkin did was dance around the fight troll and put out disinformation. ward knows this hints the hate for him. hints the no respect.

also another thing that u guys don't take into account is that ward has fought guys like kessler, froch, abraham, and now kovalov. he has a history of good fighters on his resume. all excuses aside golovkin doesn't (u can say well it's this and that reason) but at the end of the day he doesn't thats fact.

this is why ward till this day don't even view him as a real fighter. more of a circus show looking to take the most amount of money for the least amount of risk.
    Ward has done nothing but fight no-hopers for $2 million a throw for the last 5 years!

Comment

most of the "war crowd" aren't even eastern european fight fans. these are fans home grown from america & canada. freedom is from canada (sister to america) for the most part freedom hates american fighters. you'd think freedom was from the Ukraine & russia. most of these "war fans" are from smack dab here.......they just hate american fighters and latch on to European fighters. (even when rooting for a fighter to win gold they do this) for what ever strange reason i don't know.

but i learned this out a long time ago and was shocked........

Comment

Bros and Hoes on our turf taking a free ride for years...... Ward is a racist B I T C H. Russians are classier by far and not ghetto. Bravo Russia. To hell with Ghetto.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Back in 2013, I "warned" here that many fighters from the "ex-Soviet school" were coming to take over boxing in the U.S.
          ... The likes of GGG, Rigo (as I label the 'Cuban school' as somehow tributary to the 'Soviet school'), Lara, Kova, Loma, Beterbiev etc tried to take the front stage in the U.S. ...
          ... So to speak, I don't "love" the Slavs (Russians, Ukrainians etc), but I happen to like their boxing school... and the same goes for the Cubans...

Now, I think that Ward (in his remarks hereunder) was more "business-oriented" rather than "nationalistic"...

"The Eastern European fighters are here - a lot of them. So they are getting those opportunities. I think there is an inherent rivalry there between Americans and Russians, because they are on our turf trying to make a name and we're trying to defend what we have so to speak - that's how I look at it. No disrespect, it's nothing personal, but yeah I think there is inherent rivalry there because they are trying to take something that we have," Ward said.

We all know that the most significant pro-boxing sanctioning bodies (i.e. WBC, IBF, WBA) are located in the Americas... And most of the money involved in the pro-boxing business also comes from the Americas (and the UK)...

Therefore, I'm inclined to "understand" Ward's statement using this specific "lecture key"...

Am I wrong? I don't think so...
          Excellent point.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            i doubt it....most people cant even pronounce their names let alone, know who they are

Casual fans dont even know who they are....HBO is trying like hell to hype GGG but even fans who like him usually say " I dont know who he fights"...I have a few boxing buddies who dont even know who he is, they just know he has a few belts.

some american fans identify with them but Hispanic and Latino fighters are the most viewed and respected in america.

Holla at me when these european fighters draw crowds like Canelo, Danny Garcia, Cotto, etc....they dont.
            well they dont seem to be interested in ward wilder or crawford recently, all 3 of them shows bombed badly.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
              Kovalev is legit going to absolutely brutalize Ward, nothing has changed. Been saying it for years.

Easy work Kovalev, only 3 more months

This is the best christmas present a guy can ask for
              I can see something very disappointing happening, though...like Ward tasting Kovalev's power, then "accidentally" using his head (literally) to get the blood flowing in Kovalev's eyes...or the fight going to a technical decision as a result of inadvertent headbutts.
              Last edited by bigjer88; 08-08-2016, 09:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Ward has done nothing but fight no-hopers for $2 million a throw for the last 5 years!
                dude, u can't tell me jack **** about a fighter not doing anything on their resume. look at golovkins.

straight trash........hot garbage. pfp number 3?

straight garbage.........

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how the people that find "racism" anywhere and everywhere so willingly support such nationalistic nonsense. I've never had a strong opinion of Ward one way or the other. I certainly wanted to support a fairly well-spoken fighter that could bring attention to the sport, but this "religious man" is looking more fake by the day. This guy no different than Angel Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                    I can see something very disappointing happening, though...like Ward tasting Kovalev's power, then "accidentally" using his head (literally) to get the blood flowing in Kovalev's eyes...or the fight going to a technical decision as a result of inadvertent headbutts.
                    yeah, cant rule out that kind of scenario happening.

Comment

and you idiots saying its not racist, yes it is. In any other job would you be allowed to say' russians are coming over and trying to take what we have' its anti immigration and absolutely pathetic from ward, if someone like tyson fury said that about a minority ethnic group imagine the uproar.

Comment

Working...
                      X