Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Russians on Our Turf Trying To Take What We Have!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
    but still more american fans are interested in them than they are the homegrowns like bum squad and andre coward
    Hard to call Andre a coward while that bum in your siggy is fighting a WW and refuses to move up and challenge himself.

Comment

Andre Ward right now

Comment

but still more american fans are interested in them than they are the homegrowns like bum squad and andre coward
        If you are an American saying these things we should send your ass to Guantanamo indefinitely for treason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          You're using sense on people that don't have any.
          I try to give people the benefit of the doubt...sometimes it's justified, much of the time it isn't.

Comment

Back in 2013, I "warned" here that many fighters from the "ex-Soviet school" were coming to take over boxing in the U.S.
            ... The likes of GGG, Rigo (as I label the 'Cuban school' as somehow tributary to the 'Soviet school'), Lara, Kova, Loma, Beterbiev etc tried to take the front stage in the U.S. ...
            ... So to speak, I don't "love" the Slavs (Russians, Ukrainians etc), but I happen to like their boxing school... and the same goes for the Cubans...

Now, I think that Ward (in his remarks hereunder) was more "business-oriented" rather than "nationalistic"...

"The Eastern European fighters are here - a lot of them. So they are getting those opportunities. I think there is an inherent rivalry there between Americans and Russians, because they are on our turf trying to make a name and we're trying to defend what we have so to speak - that's how I look at it. No disrespect, it's nothing personal, but yeah I think there is inherent rivalry there because they are trying to take something that we have," Ward said.

We all know that the most significant pro-boxing sanctioning bodies (i.e. WBC, IBF, WBA) are located in the Americas... And most of the money involved in the pro-boxing business also comes from the Americas (and the UK)...

Therefore, I'm inclined to "understand" Ward's statement using this specific "lecture key"...

Am I wrong? I don't think so...

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              i am in no way shape or form reading too much into it. andre ward hates golovkin as a fighter & wants to wipe both kovalov and golovkin off into thin air.

the problem is andre ward is very politically correct so u will get it here and there in small doses. u can be fooled if u want but in realty the guy is 100% venom towards both golovkin & kovalov. specifically golovkin.
              No...I really don't want to be fooled, nor am I in this just for the sake of winning an argument. I'm just interested in what makes you so sure of yourself with respect to the statements in bold.

Comment

There was absolutely nothing racist in what he's saying. Yeah, there's an inherent rivalry between former soviet and american athletes.

Move along.

Comment

Assemble TEAM AMERICA

Comment

i doubt it....most people cant even pronounce their names let alone, know who they are

Casual fans dont even know who they are....HBO is trying like hell to hype GGG but even fans who like him usually say " I dont know who he fights"...I have a few boxing buddies who dont even know who he is, they just know he has a few belts.

some american fans identify with them but Hispanic and Latino fighters are the most viewed and respected in america.

Holla at me when these european fighters draw crowds like Canelo, Danny Garcia, Cotto, etc....they dont.

Comment

Kovalev is legit going to absolutely brutalize Ward, nothing has changed. Been saying it for years. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Ward said in this article and no racism at all.

Easy work Kovalev, only 3 more months

This is the best christmas present a guy can ask for

Comment

Working...
                      X