Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on GGG-Brook: Time Will Reveal All The Frauds in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ether......

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
      LMAO at Keith Holmes, Joppy, David Jackson, and Glen Johnson, if that's the standards than you have no right to complain about GGG's resume. How pathetic do you have to be to talk **** about David Lemieux and hype up William fuqing Joppy.

Your agenda is showing.
      William Joppy and Keith Holmes are way better fighters than anybody on GGG resume. They were both champions at the time Hopkins beat them. Holmes was the WBC champ and Joppy was the WBA champ. Any real boxing fan knows Joppy and Holmes would beat the breaks off of David Lemieux, who lost to Marco Antonio Rubio and Joachim Alcine! GTFOH

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Rubbish, you completely made that up !!

June 15, 2015
        Andre Ward: It's one excuse after another with Gennady Golovkin

Andre Ward returns to the ring Saturday for the first time since November 2013.

During his absence, his name has been bandied around in many potential matchups, but none more so than a fight against Gennady Golovkin. Now that Ward (27-0, 14 KOs) is set to come back, are we moving closer to a Ward-GGG matchup on HBO PPV?

“Golovkin is not calling me out,” Ward, who signed with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports earlier this year, told USA TODAY Sports. “It’s been people who been paid to say the things they say – his trainer and his promoter. They’re trying to control the narrative, they want Golovkin to sit there and smile and wave and then they want to talk tough, and then when I respond, I look like the bad guy. But through the lawsuit and everything else, I was adamant and clear that we can fight, we can do it now.

“I’m available, and the fact that the narrative is twisted and people don’t know the truth, that’s what bothers me
        ,” Ward, 31, continued. “The reality is I can only come on the record so many times. They keep using my name because they have to answer the Andre Ward question, even when they’re at their own post-fight press conference. They do it for shock value.”

Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs) has been adamant that he will fight anyone from 154 pounds to 168. Ward is the lineal super middleweight champion but hasn’t competed since a shutout victory against Edwin Rodriguez. His bout Saturday against Paul Smith will be contested at a catch weight of 172 pounds, and Ward could move to light heavyweight for his next fight this year. But he’s ready and willing to take on the middleweight destroyer at 168.

“He’ll go to 168 against everybody but me,” Ward said in frustration. “The fact that the fans and the media don’t call him out on it, it’s mind-blowing. And I’m not making this up. You wanna fight (Julio Cesar) Chavez, the Chavez fight is getting close to being made, something happens, it doesn’t get made, and then all of a sudden, you know ‘Ward’s not a pay-per-view fighter.’

“Like it’s one excuse after the next and it’s coming from a guy who’s never been in a pay-per-view in his life. And he’s begging (Miguel) Cotto and he’s begging Canelo (Alvarez) – smaller guys – to fight, and they’re saying there’s no money in it, and they are smaller guys. Stop picking on guys that can’t hold their own. Because those aren’t just cakewalks for Golovkin.”

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, told USA TODAY Sports that they “never said that Andre doesn’t want to fight Golovkin.”

“We understand that he was going through promotional issues, if he’s not fighting anyone, we can’t make a fight that way,” the K2 managing director said. “Now he’s fighting at 172 so he’s actually moving further away from a possible fight with Gennady. If he were to move up in weight and fight Ward, what Ward would want and what Gennady would want, to be fair, the financial situation doesn’t work.

“And it would have to be a pay-per-view fight, and right now it’s not a pay-per-view fight. So what we both said is we can build the fight, if Ward is active and builds his momentum back up, and Gennady continues his momentum, then that can be a big fight as well. We’re not calling him out, and he’s certainly not calling Gennady out.”

But it sounds like Ward is indeed calling Golovkin out, even if Golovkin’s side isn’t screaming for the bout right now. And Ward disagrees on the financials of the fight, saying “it’s a pay-per-view fight now.”

“You can’t come on the record and say that you’ll fight anybody and then say you’ll fight anybody from 160 to 175, get this tag as the boogeyman and then when somebody steps to the boogeyman, all of a sudden, he’s not held accountable,” Ward declared. “Guys need to be held accountable for the things they say, because if I were to do that, if Golovkin had the resume that I had and I had the resume that he had and I talked the way he did, I guarantee you it would be a different narrative.

” ‘Ward needs to stop talking, he needs to step up and be quiet.’ It’d be different. That’s the reality of it. But I’m held to a different standard, that’s the reality of it. I’m not complaining about it. I understand it, I embrace it and it’s part of what makes me who I am. So if I get penalized for that, so be it.”

There aren’t many big fights out there for either guy right now, so the matchup is a natural. It features two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport as well as two of the biggest names. The fight would be an interesting style clash as well, one of the sport’s most ferocious punchers against one of the best defensive boxers.

Golovkin has been the model of activity, fighting four times in 2013, three times in 2014 and already twice this year. Ward has competed just once over that same period. But what Ward excels at is neutralizing offensive fighters, able to stymy an opponent’s attack with masterful inside fighting.

Golovkin, 33, has yet to face anyone remotely approaching the caliber of Ward, but Loeffler says it’s no fault of their own. The promoter said that Ward benefited from Showtime’s Super Six tourney, where combatants were contractually obligated to face one another, and that HBO proposed a similar middleweight tourney. However, Loeffler says the fighters rejected the idea when they found out GGG would be a participant.

A Golovkin-Carl Froch matchup was being discussed for this fall, but Loeffler told ESPN last week that there’s been no progress. With Cotto and Alvarez on a collision course for a fall super fight, the options are limited for both GGG and Ward. Where does either guy go from here? Maybe they have no choice but to face each other.

“He’s great champion,” Golovkin said. “He wanna fight? Let’s do it.”

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...nady-golovkin/

======================

Golovkin also talked about a possible fight with Andre Ward, though he acknowledged that a bout with the super middleweight champ might not happen right away. Ward’s last fight came 19 months ago, and he’s set to face Paul Smith on June 20.

While other boxers have been known for avoiding Golovkin, Ward has said it’s Golovkin who won’t get into the ring with him.

"I don't understand how the best boxers in the world can keep making excuses for not fighting me,” Ward said, via ESPN.com in February.

http://www.ibtimes.com/gennady-golov...ptions-1927879

======================

Even Kellerman knows whats up.....
        Andre Ward wants to fight him, but Golovkin and his promoter Tom Loeffler aren’t ready to take that fight yet.....
        http://www.boxing news 24.com/2015/10/kellerman-andre-ward-is-the-no-1-p4p-golovkin-is-unproven/

======================

http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...kin-1.10553430
        People don't like it when you give them facts, even though you put it right in there face they will still have a lame excuse and say Ward was ducking or some other BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
          William Joppy and Keith Holmes are way better fighters than anybody on GGG resume. They were both champions at the time Hopkins beat them. Holmes was the WBC champ and Joppy was the WBA champ. Any real boxing fan knows Joppy and Holmes would beat the breaks off of David Lemieux, who lost to Marco Antonio Rubio and Joachim Alcine! GTFOH
          Neither Joppy nor Holmes were any great shakes and the very definition of alphabet beltholders

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            Neither Joppy nor Holmes were any great shakes and the very definition of alphabet beltholders
            They weren't great but both good fighters for their time! To say David Lemuiex is better than both of them is just crazy talk.

Comment

They weren't great but both good fighters for their time! To say David Lemuiex is better than both of them is just crazy talk.
              I'm not saying that at all.

Having said that, I've recently been surprised at the number of posts praising Joppy as IMO, he was just an average belt holder and I wouldnt give him a prayer against GGG
              Last edited by Tomjas; 08-12-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Lemieux was champion when GGG beat him. The truth is no one gives a **** about Keith Holmes and William Joppy. The farther we move away from the late 90's the more they become irrelevant. Sorry to break it to you pal the boxing fans of future generations won't give a **** about Holmes, Joppy, or Lemieux. Oh and Lemieux would curb stomp Joppy and Holmes. You can't prove that he can't so your argument is null and void

And Glen Johnson got his ass handed to him about a dozen times before he even beat Jones. So I can at least say between 1998 and 2003, Johnson wasn't that good. But wait, early career losses only matter when it's a fighter you don't like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                  is a big difference for a few reasons.

1.brooks promoter was trying and failed to get his 160 pounder (who barks like he is a Rottweiler but backs down and resembles a Chihuahua) eubank jr because eubank priced himself out.

2.eubanks promoter agreed to fair terms
                  And eubank backed out even though a bigger syar in brook (with the same promoter )
                  Excepted those same terms.

3. lets make this clear
                  Jacobs, saunders, canelo , cotto and quillen
                  and even martinez at one point Dont/didnt wanna fight GGG...

4.we live in a boxing era in which no names and b sides dont wanna challenge the ring champs
                  For his belts and supremacy..
                  Excellent post. GGG is having difficulty getting guys in the ring. If you are a good judge of character you can look at GGG and know that he is a fighting man who will make a fight with anyone - he is far more believable than Ward as to why their fight never came together. Anyone who takes the word of that no name fighting, difficult to deal with, fight a bum every few years fraud, over that of GGG who smiles and makes deals - you need a check up.

Here are some facts:

Hopkins finds it difficult to be objective as he is a racist ("I'll never let no white boy beat me" - before getting schooled by Calzaghe) - so the man cannot be objective.

GGG clearly loves fighting, is an elite fighter, easy to deal with and does the business in the ring It is simply not his fault that none of the other top 160's want anything to do with him. Although...Eubank Jr I believe was willing to have a go but his old man fu cked up the deal being an idiot with Eddie Hearn and Eddie simply walked away.

Sadly, perhaps Floyd's biggest legacy is having created a mindset that one loss is a career crushing occurrence. Ali lost, Hagler lost, Leonard lost, many of the greatest fighters lost - why is that? Because they made tough matches happen and didn't bat an eye. These days many guys would rather keep their 0 and try and create the perception that they are stars, rather than risk something against a top opponent - Ward is a prime example.

I like Wilder and Joshua for wanting to bring that back a bit - they both appear willing to mix it up with anyone, either would batter fat Fury, and if Floyd would have done the same he might not have had his precious 0 (and as much money) but he'd have more respect. He is the founder of this stupid culture in boxing which stops good matches being made because guys are scared to lose, with the exception of a select few.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                    I'm not saying that at all.

Having said that, I've recently been surprised at the number of posts praising Joppy as IMO, he was just an average belt holder and I wouldnt give him a prayer against GGG
                    I don't think Joppy was an average belt holder, that's where eras come into play. It's not like he lost his belt to a bum, he lost it to a great fighter in Tito Trinidad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                      Lemieux was champion when GGG beat him. The truth is no one gives a **** about Keith Holmes and William Joppy. The farther we move away from the late 90's the more they become irrelevant. Sorry to break it to you pal the boxing fans of future generations won't give a **** about Holmes, Joppy, or Lemieux. Oh and Lemieux would curb stomp Joppy and Holmes. You can't prove that he can't so your argument is null and void

And Glen Johnson got his ass handed to him about a dozen times before he even beat Jones. So I can at least say between 1998 and 2003, Johnson wasn't that good. But wait, early career losses only matter when it's a fighter you don't like.
                      That's not an accurate statement, future casual generations of boxing fans may not care. I'm a real boxing fan and still care and remember the Oba Carr's, Rafael Pineda's, Vince Phillips, Frankie Randall's and Kostya Tszyu's of the world. There remembered because the were good fighters that happen to be stuck in eras with great fighters such as De la Hoya, Trinidad and Ike Quartey's of the world. So that's just your opinion when it comes to future generation, because at some point we all were a future generation and I defiantly don't share that same view. And as for Glen Johnson, yeah he lost a lot of fights in his career for whatever reasons but when Hopkins beat him he was 32-0!

Comment

Working...
                      X