Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on GGG-Brook: Time Will Reveal All The Frauds in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    ******, he chose Brook LMAO
    He accepted Brook.

Realistically, who else could he have fought at such short notice?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      ..... who is a bigger fight, Brook or Canelo ?

Golovkin is the one cherry-picking, or he wouldn't have selected Brook.

See how EASY that was ?

Why did Mr "anyone from 154-168" turn into Mr "nothing to see here folks", again?
      He accepted Brook after the Eubank fight fell through.

Now tell us why he targeted Eubank in the first place?

I'll help you out:

Because Canelo dropped the belt to go and fight Liam Smith instead.

Comment

• Here is all the room any GBP man has to talk about Golovkin:

ll

Right in between there^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
          Villainfuckboybando he chose to enter negotiations with Eubank's camp as I stated. GGG doesn't deserve a Canelo fight. Becoming his mando by beating a guy Marco Rubio wrecked isn't exactly overwhelming. Lara was asking for less than Brook is making. GGG could have fought the #1 154 lb fighter but chose to put himself in the position to fight a scrub MW Eubank or WW Brook. Clearly he is just fighting the safest fights for the most money. Cherry picking at its finest. Your hero is a fuckboy. No wonder you angrily queefed to his defense.
          GG doesn't deserve a fight with Canelo?

GTFOH!

We don't even know if Lara is serious about fighting GG. Also, he fights on Showtime and he's a JMW who's already lost to Canelo. Let's not pretend that you'd have given him credit had he have taken a fight with him. This is the problem when you debate on emotion and you have an agenda. You and aboutfkntime would have crucified him for fighting a JMW.

GG is in a no-win situation with you guys.

There was nothing wrong with pursuing Eubank under the circumstances.

You want to talk about cherry picking?

What about Canelo fighting Khan and Smith?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
            Overall, this is a great post. You've made some great points. But there's one thing I strongly disagree with:

Andre Ward.

Andre is taking a huge risk fighting Sergey Kovalev. That is not an example of a fighter protecting his zero and having safe fights.

Andre dorsnt have to fight Kovalev. He's not a mandatory or anything. He's chosen to fight him because he wants to enhance his legacy.

Kovalev is extremely dangerous.

Andre deserves a lot of respect for taking him on, especially as he's been so inactive within the last 4-5 years.
            Fair enough, and props to Ward if the fight goes ahead, which I believe it will - but there is a voice in my head reminding me of how very difficult this guy is to deal with, and the internet has stories and appearances by Kovalev promoting the fight, doing interviews and so on, while there is zero coming from Ward or his people. I really really hope the fight gets made, but I've got 20% skepticism and 80% optimism - the guy does like to make things difficult, in and out the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
              Fair enough, and props to Ward if the fight goes ahead, which I believe it will - but there is a voice in my head reminding me of how very difficult this guy is to deal with, and the internet has stories and appearances by Kovalev promoting the fight, doing interviews and so on, while there is zero coming from Ward or his people. I really really hope the fight gets made, but I've got 20% skepticism and 80% optimism - the guy does like to make things difficult, in and out the ring.
              I can understand that.

We'll have to wait and see what happens. But he definitely deserves a lot of credit if it goes ahead.

Personally, as a big fan of Andre's, I'd like him to take another fight before fighting him at some point next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
                Hopkins' is a hypocrite, whose claim to fame was beating TWO Welterweights.
                Hopkins moved up to light heavy and won several titles at what age. Point made. U are just using the Oscar Trindad to yry to put hopkins down but ur wrong.
                Hopkins was the underdog in the Trindad fight as well. Shows what little u seem to know or ur just trying to discredit the old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                  GG doesn't deserve a fight with Canelo?

GTFOH!

We don't even know if Lara is serious about fighting GG. Also, he fights on Showtime and he's a JMW who's already lost to Canelo. Let's not pretend that you'd have given him credit had he have taken a fight with him. This is the problem when you debate on emotion and you have an agenda. You and aboutfkntime would have crucified him for fighting a JMW.

GG is in a no-win situation with you guys.

There was nothing wrong with pursuing Eubank under the circumstances.

You want to talk about cherry picking?

What about Canelo fighting Khan and Smith?
                  Nope I want him to fight Lara because Lara is a bigger challege then that "stay busy" Eubank Jr. Eubank Jr is garbage. Lara would be too slick for GGG. Lara presents a threat to outpoint Gennad. Grolovken would have to score a KO. His activity and aggression would be countered in that fight. Its a real fight. He needs to be in a real fight for once in his career!

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Would be a good statement if they didn't have only one name on GBP keeping them afloat and if he wasn't the guy in this topic. I can respect being smart business people but Hopkins popping all that shh like he's a neutral party in all this. You guys have one fighter keeping your company in black ink right now after Schaeffer gutted you, don't try to paint the sky blue when it's pouring shhh all over your boy. He should've handled that post fight situation better, the world would've moved on by now.
                    Bhop is full of sheet and talking up canelo. what about the fixed fight with his partner delahoya when he made believe he was KO'd by a body punch. if Hopkins was 10 years younger and at MW GGG would beat him savagely and not hold back knocking him out like Sergi did

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Nope I want him to fight Lara because Lara is a bigger challege then that "stay busy" Eubank Jr. Eubank Jr is garbage. Lara would be too slick for GGG. Lara presents a threat to outpoint Gennad. Grolovken would have to score a KO. His activity and aggression would be countered in that fight. Its a real fight. He needs to be in a real fight for once in his career!
                      I would also like to see the fight. But he'd be abused for taking it, and he'd get no credit if he won. Again, we don't even know if Lara is serious or if it can be made.

Comment

Working...
                      X