Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on GGG-Brook: Time Will Reveal All The Frauds in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    No stupid fcuk, you get to fight boxings biggest star if you become his mando. Unless that guy decides to forfeit and become boxings laughing stock.

He didn't choose Brook, he was offered over 2x his career high by Brooks promoter, after Eubank backed out with 2 months to Hbo date. They've contacted Haymon about Lara for the next fight. You haven't heard this? Lara's manager: " Lara commands a lot of money, this fight won't be easy to make"

You made 3 points, all ******ed. That takes special talent

******, he chose Brook LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      Who is a bigger fight Smith or GGG? Canelo is the one cherry picking, otherwise he wouldve picked the bigger fight.
      ..... who is a bigger fight, Brook or Canelo ?

Golovkin is the one cherry-picking, or he wouldn't have selected Brook.

See how EASY that was ?

Why did Mr "anyone from 154-168" turn into Mr "nothing to see here folks", again?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        No stupid fcuk, you get to fight boxings biggest star if you become his mando. Unless that guy decides to forfeit and become boxings laughing stock.

He didn't choose Brook, he was offered over 2x his career high by Brooks promoter, after Eubank backed out with 2 months to Hbo date. They've contacted Haymon about Lara for the next fight. You haven't heard this? Lara's manager: " Lara commands a lot of money, this fight won't be easy to make"

You made 3 points, all ******ed. That takes special talent
        Villainfuckboybando he chose to enter negotiations with Eubank's camp as I stated. GGG doesn't deserve a Canelo fight. Becoming his mando by beating a guy Marco Rubio wrecked isn't exactly overwhelming. Lara was asking for less than Brook is making. GGG could have fought the #1 154 lb fighter but chose to put himself in the position to fight a scrub MW Eubank or WW Brook. Clearly he is just fighting the safest fights for the most money. Cherry picking at its finest. Your hero is a fuckboy. No wonder you angrily queefed to his defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Rubbish, you completely made that up !!

June 15, 2015
          Andre Ward: It's one excuse after another with Gennady Golovkin

Andre Ward returns to the ring Saturday for the first time since November 2013.

During his absence, his name has been bandied around in many potential matchups, but none more so than a fight against Gennady Golovkin. Now that Ward (27-0, 14 KOs) is set to come back, are we moving closer to a Ward-GGG matchup on HBO PPV?

“Golovkin is not calling me out,” Ward, who signed with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports earlier this year, told USA TODAY Sports. “It’s been people who been paid to say the things they say – his trainer and his promoter. They’re trying to control the narrative, they want Golovkin to sit there and smile and wave and then they want to talk tough, and then when I respond, I look like the bad guy. But through the lawsuit and everything else, I was adamant and clear that we can fight, we can do it now.

“I’m available, and the fact that the narrative is twisted and people don’t know the truth, that’s what bothers me
          ,” Ward, 31, continued. “The reality is I can only come on the record so many times. They keep using my name because they have to answer the Andre Ward question, even when they’re at their own post-fight press conference. They do it for shock value.”

Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs) has been adamant that he will fight anyone from 154 pounds to 168. Ward is the lineal super middleweight champion but hasn’t competed since a shutout victory against Edwin Rodriguez. His bout Saturday against Paul Smith will be contested at a catch weight of 172 pounds, and Ward could move to light heavyweight for his next fight this year. But he’s ready and willing to take on the middleweight destroyer at 168.

“He’ll go to 168 against everybody but me,” Ward said in frustration. “The fact that the fans and the media don’t call him out on it, it’s mind-blowing. And I’m not making this up. You wanna fight (Julio Cesar) Chavez, the Chavez fight is getting close to being made, something happens, it doesn’t get made, and then all of a sudden, you know ‘Ward’s not a pay-per-view fighter.’

“Like it’s one excuse after the next and it’s coming from a guy who’s never been in a pay-per-view in his life. And he’s begging (Miguel) Cotto and he’s begging Canelo (Alvarez) – smaller guys – to fight, and they’re saying there’s no money in it, and they are smaller guys. Stop picking on guys that can’t hold their own. Because those aren’t just cakewalks for Golovkin.”

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, told USA TODAY Sports that they “never said that Andre doesn’t want to fight Golovkin.”

“We understand that he was going through promotional issues, if he’s not fighting anyone, we can’t make a fight that way,” the K2 managing director said. “Now he’s fighting at 172 so he’s actually moving further away from a possible fight with Gennady. If he were to move up in weight and fight Ward, what Ward would want and what Gennady would want, to be fair, the financial situation doesn’t work.

“And it would have to be a pay-per-view fight, and right now it’s not a pay-per-view fight. So what we both said is we can build the fight, if Ward is active and builds his momentum back up, and Gennady continues his momentum, then that can be a big fight as well. We’re not calling him out, and he’s certainly not calling Gennady out.”

But it sounds like Ward is indeed calling Golovkin out, even if Golovkin’s side isn’t screaming for the bout right now. And Ward disagrees on the financials of the fight, saying “it’s a pay-per-view fight now.”

“You can’t come on the record and say that you’ll fight anybody and then say you’ll fight anybody from 160 to 175, get this tag as the boogeyman and then when somebody steps to the boogeyman, all of a sudden, he’s not held accountable,” Ward declared. “Guys need to be held accountable for the things they say, because if I were to do that, if Golovkin had the resume that I had and I had the resume that he had and I talked the way he did, I guarantee you it would be a different narrative.

” ‘Ward needs to stop talking, he needs to step up and be quiet.’ It’d be different. That’s the reality of it. But I’m held to a different standard, that’s the reality of it. I’m not complaining about it. I understand it, I embrace it and it’s part of what makes me who I am. So if I get penalized for that, so be it.”

There aren’t many big fights out there for either guy right now, so the matchup is a natural. It features two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport as well as two of the biggest names. The fight would be an interesting style clash as well, one of the sport’s most ferocious punchers against one of the best defensive boxers.

Golovkin has been the model of activity, fighting four times in 2013, three times in 2014 and already twice this year. Ward has competed just once over that same period. But what Ward excels at is neutralizing offensive fighters, able to stymy an opponent’s attack with masterful inside fighting.

Golovkin, 33, has yet to face anyone remotely approaching the caliber of Ward, but Loeffler says it’s no fault of their own. The promoter said that Ward benefited from Showtime’s Super Six tourney, where combatants were contractually obligated to face one another, and that HBO proposed a similar middleweight tourney. However, Loeffler says the fighters rejected the idea when they found out GGG would be a participant.

A Golovkin-Carl Froch matchup was being discussed for this fall, but Loeffler told ESPN last week that there’s been no progress. With Cotto and Alvarez on a collision course for a fall super fight, the options are limited for both GGG and Ward. Where does either guy go from here? Maybe they have no choice but to face each other.

“He’s great champion,” Golovkin said. “He wanna fight? Let’s do it.”

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...nady-golovkin/

======================

Golovkin also talked about a possible fight with Andre Ward, though he acknowledged that a bout with the super middleweight champ might not happen right away. Ward’s last fight came 19 months ago, and he’s set to face Paul Smith on June 20.

While other boxers have been known for avoiding Golovkin, Ward has said it’s Golovkin who won’t get into the ring with him.

"I don't understand how the best boxers in the world can keep making excuses for not fighting me,” Ward said, via ESPN.com in February.

http://www.ibtimes.com/gennady-golov...ptions-1927879

======================

Even Kellerman knows whats up.....
          Andre Ward wants to fight him, but Golovkin and his promoter Tom Loeffler aren’t ready to take that fight yet.....
          http://www.boxing news 24.com/2015/10/kellerman-andre-ward-is-the-no-1-p4p-golovkin-is-unproven/

======================

http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...kin-1.10553430
          You are not showing me anything I haven't seen before.

I've told you that I'm a big fan of Andre's. Whether or not you believe me is up to you.

What you have posted above is an interview with a fighter in fight mode getting ready to fight within a week. He has a huge ego and he was pumped. But the reality is, he hadn't fought for 19 months and he hadn't made 168 in a long time.

He weighed 172 for Smith and said that he'd see how he felt before committing his future to either SMW or LHW.

Anybody can say they're ready in an interview.

After his fight with Smith, he didn't fight again for another 9 months.

He's now due to fight Kovalev next in a huge fight, but he requested 2 tune ups beforehand due to rust.

Just a few weeks ago he gave an interview stating that he didn't think he could make 168 again because 175 was so hard for him. So he wanted GG late last year at 168, yet less than a year later, he says he doesn't think he can make it? What does that tell you?

I stand by what I said.

Despite what he said in the interview that you posted, he was never realistically in a position to have had a big fight at SMW against GG, which again, would have been a weight that he hadn't fought at for almost 2 years. If he needed 2 fights before fighting Kovalev due to 9 months of inactivity, he'd have needed at least one fight after Smith before he committed to fighting a big fight at SMW after only fighting once in 19 months. That's only logical.

A fight with GG wasn't viable. But hopefully, we can see it at some point in the future.
          Last edited by robertzimmerman; 08-17-2016, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            What don't you understand exactly?

He fought Smith in June of last year. Again, it's completely unrealistic that he'd have then committed to a huge fight at 168 straight afterwards, having only fought just once in 19 months. But even if he had've done, at the back end of last year, GG had just won his 2nd MW belt and he was in line to face the winner of Cotto-Canelo.

If you seriously think he was ready and willing to fight GG at a weight he hadn't made for 2 years, after only fighting once in 19 months, then why has he insisted on having 2 tune ups for Kovalev? Brand's style doesn't replicate Kovalev's. The fight was taken merely as a tune up to sharpen him up because of inactivity.

Start debating using logic instead of pure emotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              So they couldnt find not one mw to fight?

I find that hard to believe
              On the same date, when he was due to start camp the week after?

The fight with Kell was rushed through to keep the date.

The fight was made official exactly 9 weeks to the day of the weigh-in.

Realistically, he couldn't have found any other credible MW at that late stage. And why would he have jeopardised his long standing HBO date and pass up on fighting on a huge U.K. PPV when everyone was happy? It would have been nonsensical.

Although the fight with Kell is poor, you have to take into account that GG actually signed a contract to fight Eubank and then handed it back in to Matchroom. Kell was a last minute replacement at the eleventh hour.
              Last edited by robertzimmerman; 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
                People don't like it when you give them facts, even though you put it right in there face they will still have a lame excuse and say Ward was ducking or some other BS.
                No.

He hasn't produced any facts.

Here are some actual facts:

Andre didn't fight for another 9 months after Smith.

He requested 2 tune ups before facing Kovalev due to inactivity.

He has just said that he doesn't think he can make 168 anymore.

Those are facts. Yet you seriously think that he was in a position to fight GG last year in a huge SMW fight, which was a weight he hadn't made for 2 years, after only fighting once in 19 months?

Really?

There are no lame excuses.

It's logic.

For the record, I don't think GG wanted/or was in a position to fight Andre either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                  Excellent post. GGG is having difficulty getting guys in the ring. If you are a good judge of character you can look at GGG and know that he is a fighting man who will make a fight with anyone - he is far more believable than Ward as to why their fight never came together. Anyone who takes the word of that no name fighting, difficult to deal with, fight a bum every few years fraud, over that of GGG who smiles and makes deals - you need a check up.

Here are some facts:

Hopkins finds it difficult to be objective as he is a racist ("I'll never let no white boy beat me" - before getting schooled by Calzaghe) - so the man cannot be objective.

GGG clearly loves fighting, is an elite fighter, easy to deal with and does the business in the ring It is simply not his fault that none of the other top 160's want anything to do with him. Although...Eubank Jr I believe was willing to have a go but his old man fu cked up the deal being an idiot with Eddie Hearn and Eddie simply walked away.

Sadly, perhaps Floyd's biggest legacy is having created a mindset that one loss is a career crushing occurrence. Ali lost, Hagler lost, Leonard lost, many of the greatest fighters lost - why is that? Because they made tough matches happen and didn't bat an eye. These days many guys would rather keep their 0 and try and create the perception that they are stars, rather than risk something against a top opponent - Ward is a prime example.

I like Wilder and Joshua for wanting to bring that back a bit - they both appear willing to mix it up with anyone, either would batter fat Fury, and if Floyd would have done the same he might not have had his precious 0 (and as much money) but he'd have more respect. He is the founder of this stupid culture in boxing which stops good matches being made because guys are scared to lose, with the exception of a select few.
                  Overall, this is a great post. You've made some great points. But there's one thing I strongly disagree with:

Andre Ward.

Andre is taking a huge risk fighting Sergey Kovalev. That is not an example of a fighter protecting his zero and having safe fights.

Andre doesn't have to fight Kovalev. He's not a mandatory or anything. He's chosen to fight him because he wants to enhance his legacy.

Kovalev is extremely dangerous.

Andre deserves a lot of respect for taking him on, especially as he's been so inactive within the last 4-5 years.
                  Last edited by robertzimmerman; 08-17-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                    Canelo is everybody's first choice. It doesn't mean you get to fight boxing's biggest star by cherry picking easy opposition. Grovelkin could have atleast tried to make a respectable fight against a real fighter like Lara. Instead he chose to fight a blown up WW that can't KO him and can't move around with that machete torn leg. This is an easy fight. The smoke and mirrors act continues.
                    Try and see things from GG's perspective:

He'd been sent a contract by Matchroom to fight Eubank. He then signed the contract and then sent it back in.

The venue had been booked for HBO's long standing date of September the 10th.

His training camp had been set up.

When Eubank's Snr's ego went into overdrive, Eddie Hearn knew that he couldn't reach a compromise.

To salvage the promotion, Kell Brook was offered the fight.

The fight was made official exactly 9 weeks to the day of the weigh-in.

An official press conference was scheduled for the following week, with the fighters camps to follow straight after.

Take a moment to digest the above information.

Why would he have upset HBO and turned down the opportunity to broaden his fan base on a huge U.K. PPV event, to pursue a fighter like Lara instead, who fights on Showtime and who brings nothing to the table?

You guys have to realise that he accepted Brook as a last minute replacement after actually signing a contract to fight Eubank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      They didn't have to fight Eubank Jr to begin with. He is a flawed inexperience MW. That's who they wanted to fight next? They put themselves in that position to begin with. They didn't negotiate with the Lara camp. They tried to use the shock and awe tactics to spark a buzz for this fight. They literally did exactly what Canelo did with Khan. Out of nowhere fight a much smaller name guy and since nobody sees it coming hope somehow that gets people excited. Fail.
                      Eubank would have been a good keep busy fight at MW, considering he couldn't fight Canelo, Jacobs or Saunders.

How do we know that Lara really wants to fight?

He's not even a MW.

Why would GG have pursued him?

Comment

Working...
                      X