Collapse
No announcement yet.

Folks, that's how you over marinate a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sooner HBO are out of boxing, the better. They actually make Haymon look good by comparison (pretty much the only good matchups this year have come from Haymon.)

Comment

The fact that you needed them to elevate themselves in 1 fight before their big fight, you somewhat expose yourself a bit as a "Boxing Fan" with comments like that, not sure if I should call you a "Boxing Fans". So never mind what these men have done overall, lets ignore that and focus on their last fights LMFAO

Nobody will remember who neither of these guys fought before their fight with each other. USA vs Russia, that alone will sell this one to not only Hardcore fans but I think they will be able to grab the attention with Casuals for this one. This one will sell itself!

Comment

My excitement for the fight hasn't changed in the slightest.

Still patiently anticipating this

Comment

Only people that are hardcore enough to chat about boxing online get fussy about stuff like this. Me included. Bump this thread a week before the fight and it will seem like nonsense, I guarantee you.
          Last edited by Redd Foxx; 08-07-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Yea. If people are at the Ward fight I'm pretty sure they're excited to watch Ward fight Kovalev...........Water is wet.

I'm talking about the build up for this fight that was supposed to be used to hype the fight. What have they done to build up excitement for this fight? Kovalev's last fight was on a Monday night so the ratings were low. Ward just put on a sparring match with a guy who shouldn't have lasted 12 rds with him. This build up didn't gain not one new fan. The only people excited for the fight are the same people who were excited when it was announced earlier this year
            The tune ups were not about building a fanbase, at least, that was not the primary reason behind them.

The main reason for the tune up was to give Ward a chance to regain his fitness and sharpness in the ring, and to re-acclimate himself to the bright lights of fight night.

Had Ward been active the whole time and never gone MIA, there wouldn't have been any tune up fights, or if there was there would have been just one to see if Ward can cut it at a higher weight class and then the fight would have been made.

Comment

You guys are absolutely ****ing ridiculous. I swear half of you aren't boxing fans at all. You are talking down Andre Ward vs. Sergey Kovalev.

What the **** ever.

Comment

After Chilemba vs. Kovalev and Ward vs. Brand I'm less excited to see the fight than I was back in March after Kovalev vs. Pascal and Ward vs. Sully B. This build up had the opposite effect on me. Roc Nation is trash. HBO is trash. If ya'll can't afford to put on good fights ya'll really need to get out the game. Being a boxing fan is already expensive and ya'll trying to fleece us with these PPV's and subscription to watch sub par fights. I'll be streaming Ward vs. Kovalev and You get no more money out of me this year

This sums it up:
                Speaking about your quote, the most ****ed up thing is that some boxing fans think it's better for fighters to get disrespectful with each other just to sell the fight, in that case, they put money above their real feelings, which is a b!tch thing for me. Even if I like Kovalev better, when he's in that vicious mood like in Pascal or Sillakh fights and when he almost Simakov'd Jean Pascal in the second fight (when he's in that mood I believe his chances of winning are increasing - look how sloppy he was with Chilemba), but it's still better to see the mutual respect between two great boxers who deserves a lot of credit. The sport should be about respectful competition.

Comment

Kovalev fought in Russia on a monday night. Ward just fought a televised sparring match. Somebody please tell me how these last two fights raised the profile for their fight?

why do you care about the stocks of the fighters? that's the promoters job.

you are a fan, and as a fan you should wanna see the best fight the best. that's what you are getting on November 19th.

their stocks will have nothing to do with the ass whooping one of them are gonna take.

Comment

Agree with you.

But it's still a massive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Only people that are hardcore enough to chat about boxing only get fussy about stuff like this. Me included. Bump this thread a week before the fight and it will seem like nonsense, I guarantee you.
                      This.

Heard the same type of bellyaching after the 'bulid up' fights against Robert Allen (Hopkins stuck out the joint) and Felix Strum (Oscar looked like isht at the weight AND got a gift decision) too.

And then ODLH vs Hopkins become the 2nd highest grossing non HW love bout in history.

This fight is sellable to casuals. Let HBO do it's thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X