No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Yuberjen Herney Martinez Rivas might be the most impressive fighter I've seen at these Olympics to be honest. He just outworked Argilagos and got him to fight his fight and I do think that is how you have to beat the Cubans style, be aggressive for all 3 Rounds and keep the pressure

Solid run by Nico, he got BRONZE which most probably did not expect
    I thought the first round was Argilagos but he didn't have good physical condition so he gassed and decided to trade. Argilagos has always had issues with stamina so I am not sure why they went into the fight with this game plan. He can move and pot shot against certain guys but Martinez tired him out and it was a wrap. Stamina and physical condition in boxing is more important than skills.

Argilagos and Savon have the worst stamina on the Cuban team.

Great win for Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Thanks man. His power seems to be the real deal. I hope he (among many others) can go pro eventually.
      The funny thing is he started at 132, then 142, then 154 and he was nothing special and finally at 165 he has found his calling. Best switch-hitter in the game. I used to not like him but this last year he's been a beast.

Comment

• The Mongol at 60 kilos is the real deal. I've been impressed so far with the Mongolians, I think they have shown the cleanest boxing. I think there was another Mongol at 56 kilos that impressed me a lot as well.

Comment

• Off to the Selimov fight now

Comment

• This is going to be a good match-up. Two of the more impressive boxers in this tournament so far.

Comment

• That was a knockdown

Comment

• Selimov landed more. Oumiha threw more.
                Round 1 could have gone either way. I think Oumiha landed almost as much and was more active. So I gave it to him.

Comment

• Round 2 is definitely for Selimov. He landed more and made Oumiha miss most of his shots.
                  Oumiha lost the accuracy he had in round 1.

Comment

• Selimov needs to retire all the skills in the world but he no longer has the bounce in his legs or keep up with these young guys so he fights mostly flat footed now. No shame

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdBlooded
                      What's odd is he easily beat Oumiha twice last year.
                      Every year he is losing a step. He's been in the game for a while. He got outworked and he couldn't keep up. I thought the first was the closest and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X