Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
    Yeah, I saw. Thank you.

You should make a thread asking if Dusmatov deserved it or not.
    Give him this if he wont stop crying

Comment

Yeah, I saw. Thank you.

You should make a thread asking if Dusmatov deserved it or not.
      I actually like Dusmatov and imo was the second best boxer of the tournament and look forward to following his career when he goes pro.

But with that said Robeisy deserved the trophy but whatever at the end of the day there both Olympic champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        PS: It should be b.w Dumsatov, La Cruz and Robeisy.
        Dusmatov and La Cruz total domination. Robeisy better fighters, higher ranked fighters, more fights and more pressure on him and he beat the # 2 and # 3 from the worlds clearly.
        How do you think the Cuban squad will look in the next few years?
        Who stays? Who gets replaced?

Comment

How do you think the Cuban squad will look in the next few years?
          Who stays? Who gets replaced?
          Veitia, Pero and Yasniel.

Veitia you can replace with Frank Sanches - I mean Frank's not gonna bounce around looking pretty and losing rounds

Yasniel - there are 3 guys you can replace him with - Kevin Brown, Andy Cruz, forgot the the third guy's name

Pero - not much talent at superheavy in Cuba, only guy there is Toirac who is not as skilled but harder puncher and can take a better punch and that's what Pero has shown to be lacking at the World Stage. Pero is ok for the PAN am games.

Savon should've been replaced by Frank Sanchez but it's no longer possible because Frank defected last month. Still Savon has been beat in the past by better fighters in Cuba but he has his last name to thank for. He's good but I don't think Levitt can intimidate Sanchez the way he did Savon. Somebody's gonna come up, there is a ton of fighters in Cuba, I just don't know if they'll take Savon's place.

Comment

Veitia you can replace with Frank Sanches - I mean Frank's not gonna bounce around looking pretty and losing rounds

Yasniel - there are 3 guys you can replace him with - Kevin Brown, Andy Cruz, forgot the the third guy's name

Pero - not much talent at superheavy in Cuba, only guy there is Toirac who is not as skilled but harder puncher and can take a better punch and that's what Pero has shown to be lacking at the World Stage. Pero is ok for the PAN am games.

Savon should've been replaced by Frank Sanchez but it's no longer possible because Frank defected last month. Still Savon has been beat in the past by better fighters in Cuba but he has his last name to thank for. He's good but I don't think Levitt can intimidate Sanchez the way he did Savon. Somebody's gonna come up, there is a ton of fighters in Cuba, I just don't know if they'll take Savon's place.
            Do you think Argilagos moves up? Wasn't he having trouble making weight during Nationals?
            Also, didn't Frank Saldivar move up to 56 kg? If he didn't then yeah I think he should replace Veitia.
            Have you seen Lenier Pero's brother? He looks like he has more potential. He's like 17 right now. He won the Junior World Championships last year.
            Do you think Alvarez stays at 60 kg or does he move up to 64 kg? I honestly think he's better than Kevin Brown and Andy Cruz, but there is no guarantee that he moves up.
            How about Roniel Iglesias? Do you think they'll let him stay another four year or does Cuba have a strong fighter to replace him?
            Maybe Kevin Brown moves up to 69 kg. Hasn't Brown been fighting around the same weight for a while now?

Comment

Do you think Argilagos moves up? Wasn't he having trouble making weight during Nationals?
              Also, didn't Frank Saldivar move up to 56 kg? If he didn't then yeah I think he should replace Veitia.
              Have you seen Lenier Pero's brother? He looks like he has more potential. He's like 17 right now. He won the Junior World Championships last year.
              Do you think Alvarez stays at 60 kg or does he move up to 64 kg? I honestly think he's better than Kevin Brown and Andy Cruz, but there is no guarantee that he moves up.
              How about Roniel Iglesias? Do you think they'll let him stay another four year or does Cuba have a strong fighter to replace him?
              Maybe Kevin Brown moves up to 69 kg. Hasn't Brown been fighting around the same weight for a while now?
              Argilagos didn't make weight at the nationals. Him and Savon have the worst stamina on the team and Savon came down from 91 + so it's possible for Argilagos to move up. He's not strong at 49 so I don't know how he could do at 54 but if he has better stamina there he could be good. Frank I thought fought at 56 only in that tournament in Cuba. I don't think he'll stay there. His style of fighting is good for 54. I don't see him replacing Robeisy or Javier Ibanez

I don't see why Lazaro should move up. Selimov I don't think will continue, Conceicao will turn pro. The Frenchman ok, who else is there? Lazaro is probably the most one-dimensional fighter on the Cuban team but he has 3 worlds in a row, two bronze medals at the Qlympics. He dominated the Cuban competitions at 60. So far there is nobody to replace him.

Yasniel is better than Kevin Brown cause he beat him. Kevin Brown beat Andy Cruz in the semis in the nationals in Cuba but later this year he got beat by Andy Cruz. So we don't know if Yasniel can beat Andy Cruz. Styles make fights. The problem with Yasniel is not if he can beat him or not, it's his consistency. Looked like a million bucks against McCormack, then looked like trash against Sotomayor and I think MCCormack is better than Sotomayor.

Haven't seen Pero's brother. Im gutted for Pero because he lost I believe 15 kilos to get better for the Olympics and he wasn't doing bad against Hrgovic but he is just too small and can't stay on the move for all 3 rounds.

Robeisy right now's competition is Despaigne and Robeisy's beaten him clearly.

Having said all of that, there are so many fighters that are 16 and 17 in Cuba that can join the national team at any time. Just like Argilagos he never even won the championship for seniors and as soon as he turned 18 they put him in the men's nationals.

Here is a video of Argilagos and Frank Sanches sparring as 16 year olds on the junior national team of Cuba. Let's see if you can tell who they are.

Comment

Who Aloyev has defeated in the past has no bearing on this tournament. Aloyev shouldn`t have been in the final and Zoirov while a very good fighter looked average against Aloyev and he should`ve blown him out like I said he would.
                Why should have he blown out Aloyan? Aloyan is a very good fighter, he just got ill at the begining of the tournament, so he wasn't in his best shape in his first fights because of it.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Cuban fighters in Cuba left. I believe Robeisy is gonna leave Cuba pretty soon... He went through a "bored" phase after the 2012 Olympics (which is why he lost a lot of fights). But when those lights were on him in Rio, he lit up with them. Maybe he's already at that professional mind state. I can't even blame him for that. We know the story with these Cuban fighters and their "come up."

Guys like Robeisy, Arlen, and Roniel are needed over here in the U.S... They can break that stereotype that all Cuban fighters are "safety first" like Rigo and Lara.

Have you heard of this one Cuban kid named Javier Ibanez!? That kid is a DOG in the ring! I bet he will be Robeisy's replacement! LOL.

Comment

• Uzbekistan’s Hasanboy Dusmatov wins the Val Barker Trophy for the outstanding male boxer of Rio 2016

http://www.aiba.org/blog/uzbekistans...oxer-rio-2016/

He won every single round

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Uzbekistan’s Hasanboy Dusmatov wins the Val Barker Trophy for the outstanding male boxer of Rio 2016

http://www.aiba.org/blog/uzbekistans...oxer-rio-2016/

He won every single round
                      Dusmatov was the 2nd best fighter of the games imo.

Robeisy should have taken that Trophy but you knew it wasn't gonna go to him for other reasons.

First off im a fan of Dusmatov and look forward to seeing him go pro but he was getting tagged a lot by the Mexican and at times looked buzz. He won his fights but not in the same skilled manner as Ramirez.

Hasanboy beat Nico who was no where near as highly regarded as the guy Ramirez beat in shakur.

Robeisy wins in style, Dusmatov won but gets very wild and loopy at times.

Ramirez should have had two val barkers trophy most felt he deserved it in the 2012 London games too but guess the cubans forgot they had to pay for that award.

Ramirez deserved that Trophy more than anybody else.
                      Last edited by kidbazooka; 08-22-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X