Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Boxing - Rio 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Joe Joyce's output. Chin is good, conditioning/work-rate is world class. Seems to hit pretty hard too, busts right through and around the guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Yeah he was competitive against Aloyev who shouldn`t have been even in the semis.

It`s between Dusmatov and Ramirez.
      To be fair though that was his only competitive fight and Aloyan has defeated Robeisy in the past.
      Even though Robeisy was the clear winner in his final, just like Zoirov was for his, he also could have done more. For example, he let the second round go by basically not doing much. He could have made that fight easier on himself. We already talked about how Robeisy is sometimes not consistent enough. That's what hurts him at times. Hamout and Jiawei also had some success against Robeisy that's what I think hurts Ramirez.

Dusmatov should probably get it just because of how dominant he was.

Comment

• Joyce won. Back-to-back gift decisions for Yoka. He's probably the worst Olympic Gold Medalist ever in the Super Heavyweight division. Joshua's Gold Medal in London was controversial, but he was on another level, really.

Yoka is mediocre at best. He never looks in control of his fights, his "defense" consists of eating bodyshots and partially blocking head shots although he still finds ways to get hit clean, he does nothing offensively, doesn't make you miss, doesn't make you pay, and he uses almost exclusively his jab. His chin is suspect -Joyce and Hrgovic staggered him- and Savon knocked him out cold a few years ago. He would be a terrible pro.

Yoka and Tischenko are the two biggest frauds of these Olympic Games.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          To be fair though that was his only competitive fight and Aloyan has defeated Robeisy in the past.
          Even though Robeisy was the clear winner in his final, just like Zoirov was for his, he also could have done more. For example, he let the second round go by basically not doing much. He could have made that fight easier on himself. We already talked about how Robeisy is sometimes not consistent enough. That's what hurts him at times. Hamout and Jiawei also had some success against Robeisy that's what I think hurts Ramirez.

Dusmatov should probably get it just because of how dominant he was.
          Who Aloyev has defeated in the past has no bearing on this tournament. Aloyev shouldn`t have been in the final and Zoirov while a very good fighter looked average against Aloyev and he should`ve blown him out like I said he would. Zoirov like Ramirez are the only two champs to have fought 5 fights this tournament, however, Zoirov faced an equally tired Aloyev and Aloyev pushed the pace on him in the final round, while Robeisy faced a very fresh Stevenson and pushed the pace on him in the final round. So that seals it for Ramirez b/w the two. So it's Dusmatov or Ramirez. If you like dominance you go with Dusmatov if you like strength of competition, number of fights you go with Ramirez.

You haven't told me what you thought about the fight b/w Dunaytsev vs Gaibnazarov?

PS: It should be b.w Dumsatov, La Cruz and Robeisy.
          Dusmatov and La Cruz total domination. Robeisy better fighters, higher ranked fighters, more fights and more pressure on him and he beat the # 2 and # 3 from the worlds clearly.
          Last edited by pesticid; 08-21-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Did they announce the Val Barker winner?

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
              Who Aloyev has defeated in the past has no bearing on this tournament. Aloyev shouldn`t have been in the final and Zoirov while a very good fighter looked average against Aloyev and he should`ve blown him out like I said he would. Zoirov like Ramirez are the only two champs to have fought 5 fights this tournament, however, Zoirov faced an equally tired Aloyev and Aloyev pushed the pace on him in the final round, while Robeisy faced a very fresh Stevenson and pushed the pace on him in the final round. So that seals it for Ramirez b/w the two. So it's Dusmatov or Ramirez. If you like dominance you go with Dusmatov if you like strength of competition, number of fights you go with Ramirez.

You haven't told me what you thought about the fight b/w Dunaytsev vs Gaibnazarov?
              Victories for Zoirov:
              -Brendan Irvine (2015 European Games Silver) Won 3:0
              -Antonio Vargas (2015 Pan American Games Champion. Ranked #15 in the World) Won 3:0
              -Elvin Mamishzada (2015 World Champion. 2015 European Games Champion. 2010 European Championship Silver. 2013 European Championship Bronze. #1 Seed. Ranked #1 in the World.) Won 3:0
              -Yoel Finol (2015 Pan American Games Bronze. Ranked #12 in the World.) Won 3:0
              -Misha Aloyan (2x World Champion in 2011 and 2013. 2012 Olympic Bronze. 2009 World Championship Bronze. 2010 European Champion. #3 Seed.) Won 3:0

Victories for Ramirez:
              -Shiva Thapa (2015 World Championship Bronze. Ranked #6 in the World.) Won 3:0
              -Mohamed Hamout (Ranked #17 in the World.) Won 2:1 (Should have been 3:0 though)
              -Zhang Jiawei (Ranked #16 in the World. #3 Seed) Won 3:0
              -Murodjon Akhmadaliev (2015 World Championship Silver. 2015 Asian Championship Silver. #2 Seed. Ranked #3 in the World.) Won 3:0
              -Shakur Stevenson (#4 Seed.) Won 2:1 (Should have been 3:0 in my opinion.)

I like both fighters I just think Zoirov had a tougher road and was only in one competitive fight. Aloyan may have not deserved to be in the final, but Hamout was extremely lucky to get out of his first fight.
              (Regarding the Dunaytsev-Gaibnazarov fight I would also like to rewatch that fight before I make any comments.)

It doesn't matter anymore. I think they gave it to Hasanboy Dusmatov. I think he deserved it.
              Dusmatov was the most dominant fighter of the Games.
              Zoirov and Ramirez were strong contenders that is all that matters. La Cruz, Yeleussinov, and Levit should also be proud and strong contenders.

Comment

• Did they give it to Dusmatov if so thats BS.

Robeisy faced the better comp and is just all around the cleaner better boxer of the whole Olympics.

But of course im not surprised i swear the aiba has to have ties with Russia and Uzbekistan cuz there obvious favoritism for them is sickening.

Comment

Victories for Zoirov:
                  -Brendan Irvine (2015 European Games Silver) Won 3:0
                  -Antonio Vargas (2015 Pan American Games Champion. Ranked #15 in the World) Won 3:0
                  -Elvin Mamishzada (2015 World Champion. 2015 European Games Champion. 2010 European Championship Silver. 2013 European Championship Bronze. #1 Seed. Ranked #1 in the World.) Won 3:0
                  -Yoel Finol (2015 Pan American Games Bronze. Ranked #12 in the World.) Won 3:0
                  -Misha Aloyan (2x World Champion in 2011 and 2013. 2012 Olympic Bronze. 2009 World Championship Bronze. 2010 European Champion. #3 Seed.) Won 3:0

Victories for Ramirez:
                  -Shiva Thapa (2015 World Championship Bronze. Ranked #6 in the World.) Won 3:0
                  -Mohamed Hamout (Ranked #17 in the World.) Won 2:1 (Should have been 3:0 though)
                  -Zhang Jiawei (Ranked #16 in the World. #3 Seed) Won 3:0
                  -Murodjon Akhmadaliev (2015 World Championship Silver. 2015 Asian Championship Silver. #2 Seed. Ranked #3 in the World.) Won 3:0
                  -Shakur Stevenson (#4 Seed.) Won 2:1 (Should have been 3:0 in my opinion.)

I like both fighters I just think Zoirov had a tougher road and was only in one competitive fight. Aloyan may have not deserved to be in the final, but Hamout was extremely lucky to get out of his first fight.
                  (Regarding the Dunaytsev-Gaibnazarov fight I would also like to rewatch that fight before I make any comments.)

It doesn't matter anymore. I think they gave it to Hasanboy Dusmatov. I think he deserved it.
                  Dusmatov was the most dominant fighter of the Games.
                  Zoirov and Ramirez were strong contenders that is all that matters. La Cruz, Yeleussinov, and Levit should also be proud and strong contenders.
                  You know why he got it right?

And its not cuz he deserved or is a better fighter than Robeisy, Its simply because he from Uzbekistan.

Comment

Did they announce the Val Barker winner?
                    Yes, Dusmatov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kazakh Thunder View Post
                      Yes, Dusmatov.
                      Yeah, I saw. Thank you.

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      You know why he got it right?

And its not cuz he deserved or is a better fighter than Robeisy, Its simply because he from Uzbekistan.
                      You should make a thread asking if Dusmatov deserved it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X