Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Selects Jessie Vargas, Rules Out Crawford For 11/5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Oh god probably the worst possible fight at 147 as far actually giving a fu ck.

I don't think he should get criticised though and called a ducker. Vargas is a title holder and Pac has no obligation to fight anyone as far as mandatories go, so if Vargas wants to defend his title against Pacquiao that's fine by me, especially considering he was planning on fighting Brook, just don't expect Pacquiao fans to be excied about it.

Plus if Pacquiao is fighting Vargas, that means it's not going to be his final fight, it could very well lead into a Crawford fight immediately following.
    Yeah, They've said they want 2 more fights, and it does seem that way. Crawford will probably fight Pac early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
      What do we mean when we say people priced themselves out. It's Arum. Ain't nobody from Haymon in the running really. They'll give them a low ball offer. . . (And let's not pretend that Thurman, Broner or somebody would generate more interest than Vargas) . . . And once said fighter doesn't accept the lowball offer they're automatically waved off as "Pricing themselves out" . . . Boxers aren't stupid now, they won't stand for Arum's low ball offers. I'm not saying the likes of Broner are worth 12m or whatever, I'm just saying TR knew what they were doing all along and this was always the end game.
      Yep. Nuff said right here!

Comment

As expected

Im a Vargas fan so I'm down with it, Arums been trying to make this fight for years

Is it the best fight that can be made for Manny No but everyone was hyped for a Brook/Vargas fight so this is a good fight too. I think the PPV will f.ucking bomb though

Comment

This is more of a big picture fight. This forces HBO to make a decision does it want to do a PPV with its most popular but faded fighter. When it possibly has Ward vs Krusher two weeks later which is a much bigger and better fight but may do less PPV buys. If they decide not to pick up the Manny his contract with HBO is over which would put the fight on Showtime. Which in the event of Mayweather rematch leaves HBO completely out of the picture. Most know it's no way in hell Manny loses to Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
            What do we mean when we say people priced themselves out. It's Arum. Ain't nobody from Haymon in the running really. They'll give them a low ball offer. . . (And let's not pretend that Thurman, Broner or somebody would generate more interest than Vargas) . . . And once said fighter doesn't accept the lowball offer they're automatically waved off as "Pricing themselves out" . . . Boxers aren't stupid now, they won't stand for Arum's low ball offers. I'm not saying the likes of Broner are worth 12m or whatever, I'm just saying TR knew what they were doing all along and this was always the end game.
            Pricing themselves out can mean a couple of things - it can mean demanding more money than they know they can get because they legit don't want the fight (example: Saunders wanting $4m for Golovkin) or it could mean demanding more money than they are worth because they have a self inflated view of their actual worth (example: Winky Wright's career, specific example demanding $10m for Oscar de la Hoya).

With Garcia and Broner, who knows, maybe it's a combination of both. We know Pacquiao fights usually get around that $3-$4 million dollar mark, so asking for close to $10m or whatever is definitely pricing yourself out (for reference, Bradley got $4m for his third fight with Pacquiao and Bradley is one of the bigger names in the sport).

I don't think Thurman priced home out, I seriously doubt he was ever considered by Top Rank. Probably viewed as too much of a threat given his power and size, and Bob Arum is probably wanting a Crawford vs Pacquiao fight after Vargas I'm assuming (which I assume based on the typical Bob Arum way of doing business). If possible, Bon will always pushing for in-house fights, always. Only when they are all exhausted, then and only then will Bob make a deal with an outside source. It's Arum promoting 101.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 08-03-2016, 10:10 PM.

Comment

God damnit

Comment

Arum's ideal situation would be for Pac to keep winning until he puts him in with Crawford, so Crawford will have "beaten the best Pac" and Arum has a replacement for Manny to keep the cash machine pumping.

This is a **** fight. Stylistically, and for all intents and purposes.

I'm a Pac fan, but I honestly won't even be streaming this - that's how big of an insult this is.

Comment

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fuck you arum!!

Comment

I'm happy for Vargas. Bradley wouldn't give him a rematch so he went and KTFO of Ali. He signed to fight Brook and was ready to fight but Hearn and Brook used him. Vargas deserves this fight. He's done everything he was supposed to do.

Comment

Anyone with any basic boxing knowledge knew that Vargas was gonna get this fight.
                      Broner,Garcia,Thurman etc... were NEVER in the running. Arum knew gullible fans would eat up the "they priced themselves out" or "everybody is ducking" excuses.
                      Another trash Top Rank match-up.

Comment

Working...
                      X