Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Selects Jessie Vargas, Rules Out Crawford For 11/5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Golvokin's fault.

I could see this actually going to Dubai because it definable won't sell in the US.

Comment

On ppv? Who's gonna buy it

Comment

****ing lame

Stay retired

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          I have to agree, good for Vargas after that mishap with Brook. I don't have a problem with this fight, it's a good scrap.
          Yeah man if people dont wanna c it they dont have to buy it. I will bcuz i love boxing so much i pay for it. #Truefan

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
            I don't think it's a duck, but more Arum dragging things out for as long as possible... Vargas isn't Manny's last fight... so who else is Manny POSSIBLY going to fight after Vargas if not Crawford... Rios 2, Bradley 4? There will literally be no one left.

This fight though is a slight to the fans. Manny doesn't care. Arum doesn't care. Crawford doesn't care if he knows he'll be getting the Manny fight down the line in April. Only the fans care.
            Like Arum dragged out the Mayweather fight, and had people believing Floyd was ducking Pac. We know how Arum works.

Comment

Not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Did Thurman price himself out? How much would a Broner vs. Pacquiao PPV do vs. a Pacquiao vs. Vargas PPV do? This fight won't even be in America. Bob isn't taking a hit on his third straight PPV. He'll get a nice fee from China or Dubai if he's actually serious this time.
                What do we mean when we say people priced themselves out. It's Arum. Ain't nobody from Haymon in the running really. They'll give them a low ball offer. . . (And let's not pretend that Thurman, Broner or somebody would generate more interest than Vargas) . . . And once said fighter doesn't accept the lowball offer they're automatically waved off as "Pricing themselves out" . . . Boxers aren't ****** now, they won't stand for Arum's low ball offers. I'm not saying the likes of Broner are worth 12m or whatever, I'm just saying TR knew what they were doing all along and this was always the end game.

Comment

Not buying this garbage at all. I didn't buy floyd berto because I thought it was garbage

Comment

Oh god probably the worst possible fight at 147 as far actually giving a fu ck.

I don't think he should get criticised though and called a ducker. Vargas is a title holder and Pac has no obligation to fight anyone as far as mandatories go, so if Vargas wants to defend his title against Pacquiao that's fine by me, especially considering he was planning on fighting Brook, just don't expect Pacquiao fans to be excied about it.

Plus if Pacquiao is fighting Vargas, that means it's not going to be his final fight, it could very well lead into a Crawford fight immediately following.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      This is Golvokin's fault.

I could see this actually going to Dubai because it definable won't sell in the US.
                      No way in hell this is being held in Vegas. Pacquiao vs. Bradley flopped in Vegas. Canelo vs. Khan was a flop in the new T-Mobile arena and I called Canelo vs. Smith in Texas as soon as the fight was announced because his fight in Vegas flopped. Vegas won't pay these site fees when the fights aren't bringing in the whales.

Comment

Working...
                      X