Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: Rigondeaux is Great, But Not For Me To Make Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    That didn't count because no one saw it... Urban Legend.
    I'll tell you what's boring. Excuses. Duck a man, keep your mouth shut and I can think anything. Tell me you're ducking him and there is no good reason. Bad form.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Rigo has not proven special in the pros.
      Donaire was SEVERELY overrated. He's also the ONLY decent win on Rigo's resume. Not good, not great, not HOF. Decent. Rigo's other opponents barely cracked top50.
      Rigo was also knocked down by Donaire, as he was also knocked down by several other very low ranked fighters.

People talk about Rigondeux based on the word of mouth and not what exists in real world. He's not Floyd's heir apparent defensively, his resume has 1 great win and nothing else. And in that 1 win, he did not 'school' Donaire, it won a clear decision while getting knocked down.

In my book, moving up and beating clear #1 in LSC is a better win than beating an overrated, small 36 year old Rigo.
      Could you explain your position on what makes/made LSC the clear #1?

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
        Boxers these days beat one big name and want to cash in on that win by fighting no-hopers for the rest of their careers. He would make good money on a Rigo fight in front of his people.
        This would actually be a huge fight. Bringing a potential #1 pound for pound fighter to Ireland to fight their favorite son. Frampton just doesn't want the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Could you explain your position on what makes/made LSC the clear #1?
          Granted that today one can make a decent argument about there not being any clear #1s in almost any division, I think LSC had a great claim. Lee Selby sucks IMO. I saw his match with Eric Hunter and came away with "how does this guy have a belt?" GRJ got schooled by Loma and hasn't done much since, while Valdez, who's one of my top5 favorite guys right now, is still mostly a young prospect even though he has a belt.

Do you think LSC was not the clear #1? Why not?

Comment

I see the same story: HOFs are bums after they get beat.

Comment

It's not okay to duck Rigo, even if Dan Rafael says it is. It's horse ****. Fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                No, no, they just should fight each other for the sake of boxing.

Should we accept the best aren't facing each others after the Nelo-GGG debacle?

Def not IMO
                If Rigo really wants the fight as badly as he says he does on twitter then the best way to force Frampton's hand is to move up to feather and make waves. He turned it down when Loma was there and he has priced himself out and created a feud with Arum who is one of the biggest names in the sport.

Rigo and whoever is guiding him need to realise, if he wants top fights, he will need to take the short money.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Granted that today one can make a decent argument about there not being any clear #1s in almost any division, I think LSC had a great claim. Lee Selby sucks IMO. I saw his match with Eric Hunter and came away with "how does this guy have a belt?" GRJ got schooled by Loma and hasn't done much since, while Valdez, who's one of my top5 favorite guys right now, is still mostly a young prospect even though he has a belt.

Do you think LSC was not the clear #1? Why not?
                  That's pretty much my stance on every division: there are no clear #1's, just a lot of good fighters that have yet to truly separate themselves from each other. I can't think of one division with an undisputed #1 because of all the damn loose ends. Most of these divisions cannot be ranked by resume because most are so mediocre, so we're forced to take the eye test and/or styles match-ups into consideration.

LSC's 126lb resume: Frampton, Kiko, Mares, Cayetano. I think most will agree with you based on the fact that he has the best name (Mares), and I won't knock it. My issue: all of them were former 122lbers and I don't factor what occurred in the previous divisions (yes, I know most do). Mares has one decent win in Ponce, but then got starched and kind of lost his way. Selby is similar to Brook/Postol in the sense that their high ranking comes from being true campaigners at their respective divisions, meanwhile most of their contemporaries have just joined the party. Selby is actually decent, and I predicted that Hunter would give him issues so I didn't heavily critique his lackluster performance. I was more angry with Hunter's lack of mental fortitude which I think costed him the win.

Personally, I don't hold LSC (nor Selby, Frampton, Valdez, Russell, Cuellar) as #1 until they fight each other. Based on last night, Frampton must be ranked higher than LSC, and if we MUST rank all of them, then Carl will now be #1, but the crown is artificial.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 07-31-2016, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Rigo probably needs to do more than just call a fighter out. He might even be asked to take less money in order to make this fight. Don't see it happening. If Frampton doesn't want to fight Rigo, then Rigo needs to attain something Frampton wants. If Frampton sees Rigo as a big risk, then there has to be a big reward ($$) for him at the end. I can see his earning potential skyrocketing if he beats Rigo. He must not think he can beat Rigo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      I'll tell you what's boring. Excuses. Duck a man, keep your mouth shut and I can think anything. Tell me you're ducking him and there is no good reason. Bad form.
                      I can't even make an argument against you??? But Rig. needs to win the ppl over. He get's the ppl he will get the $$$$$, FAME, and FIGHTS.

Comment

Working...
                      X