Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Officially Passes on Marquez Over Weight Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez should pretty much just piss off and retire.

Comment

It is not going to be easy for RN to recoup anything on a guaranteed purse of $15m. Only PPV fights bring that kinda cheddar and he's already fought the people whose names would move enough units to cover his purse. RN basically has to pray that Liam Smith upsets Canelo and then has to make him an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Cotto will be drained at 149 and 147 doesn't even sound feasible. If he doesn't want it at 149 then Juan never really wanted it in the first place. I'm surprised Cotto even conceded to 149.
        Yeah I was the same I was surprised he said 149 , but then again the article says 149 by an unknown source , he might not have budged off 150 .

Juan would take the fight at 147 because he knows Cotto will be drained , at 149 it is risky for JMM its not he doesnt want the fight its under certain conditions he dont want it , they are both playing the weight game .

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Former four division world champion Miguel Angel Cotto is moving forward with his plans to have only bout of 2016. He was targeting fellow four division beltholder Juan Manuel "Dinamita" Marquez, but that fight has now been officially ruled out by the Puerto Rican star - unless Marquez steps away from his weight requirements, which is unlikely.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          it is time for jmm to retire...

Comment

Given a most likely beatdown of Brook by GGG, K2 will most likely fail to secure BJS again. Since they aim at Nov/Dec fight and Cotto willing to make cash - I had a random idea of Cotto-GGG at 155-157. Thoughts?

Upd.: And if by some miracle Brook gets a win over GGG - he is more than likely to be addressed by RN.
            Last edited by Vitar; 07-28-2016, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Damn, this was a good fight for both of them. They're both big enough names toward the end of there careers, old school Mexico vs PR rivalry, and it's a pretty even fight. Marquez screwed this one up.

Comment

Would be a classic but one of the fighters would be shot no matter at what weight they fight.

Comment

its hard to get the cherries that are on the bottom

Comment

Not surprised

Comment

I would love for this to be a fight with Lara or Andrade, but I highly doubt it! I think Roc Nation should offer the fight to Timothy Bradley! Bradley used to fight @ 152 as an amateur, so 154 is not impossible for him!

Comment

Working...
                      X