Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Officially Passes on Marquez Over Weight Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Officially Passes on Marquez Over Weight Dispute

Former four division world champion Miguel Angel Cotto is moving forward with his plans to have only bout of 2016. He was targeting fellow four division beltholder Juan Manuel "Dinamita" Marquez, but that fight has now been officially ruled out by the Puerto Rican star - unless Marquez steps away from his weight requirements, which is unlikely.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nobody wanted to see this right now anyway.

They should have fought after Marquez destroyed Alvarado.

Comment

Cotto is guaranteed $15milion..... good lord...
      And people bytch about ggg opponents wanting too much.

Oh, and Marquez rejecting 149 sounds sure sounds like a quacking noise to me.

Comment

Watch them offer the fight to Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          Nobody wanted to see this right now anyway.

They should have fought after Marquez destroyed Alvarado.
          If you watch that fight between Marquez and Alvarado you will notice that when Mike knocked down Marquez that is when Marquez hurt his knee and he has never been the same like when he almost decapitated manny....and as far as I am concerned Marquez and Manny were juiced up to the gills when Manny suffered that devastating Knockout.....Marquez should have gone to see a Doctor here in the USA
          ..you know the one NFL players go see when they get their knees messed up but he opted to go see a quack in Mexico who is not as familiar with knee injuries like NFL Doctors...I applaud his insisitance on sticking to 147 vs Cotto but boo his decision to not go see an NFL caliber doc
          Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 07-27-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Marquez should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
              If you watch that fight between Marquez and Alvarado you will notice that when Mike knocked down Marquez that is when Marquez hurt his knee and he has never been the same like when he almost decapitated manny....and as far as I am concerned Marquez and Manny were juiced up to the gills when Manny suffered that devastating Knockout.....Marquez sh
              Juan hasn't done anything since that fight so it's hard to say. I think it's generally accepted that he was on the junk for the Pac fight so nothing he's done after has been nearly as impressive. He really worked over Alvarado but so did Rios so I'm not ready to put much stock in that.

I could understand if Marquez kept boxing but with this 3 year (or whatever) layoff, it seems odd that he's coming back at all. I don't know what his end game is here. If he was going to cash out, Cotto at 149 would have been a good way to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

The reason why Cotto is guaranteed 15 million is the same reason Roc Nation offered Broner a 40 million dollar contract, because boxing is a tough sport to get into and they needed to entice some big names to join the promotion so they had to offer big money which they are going to lose their asses on almost every fight for a few years until they have enough fighters in their stable that they have some clout and can get people to join the promotion with regular contracts. Look how hard of a time Roc nation has had finding fights for Cotto and Ward. Thats why SMS promotions went down the tubes quick

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                  The reason why Cotto is guaranteed 15 million is the same reason Roc Nation offered Broner a 40 million dollar contract, because boxing is a tough sport to get into and they needed to entice some big names to join the promotion so they had to offer big money which they are going to lose their asses on almost every fight for a few years until they have enough fighters in their stable that they have some clout and can get people to join the promotion with regular contracts. Look how hard of a time Roc nation has had finding fights for Cotto and Ward. Thats why SMS promotions went down the tubes quick
                  Broner the same one that wanted a blow job instead of a 40 million dollar contract...
                  Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 07-27-2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

Cotto is a lot bigger and JMM is small at 149 , it looks to me like a mexican standoff , Cotto is really squeezing to make 149 , probably thinks its on the edge and he already knows the consequence of being a little on the drained side , JMM on the other hand dont want to give Cotto any more weight , it would have shown on the night with Cotto being very strong and physical , the only way JMM could beat Cotto is to drain him he is just too big and strong for JMM if healthy and comfortable at the weight .

I knew the fight would never happen the moment JMM said 147 , Cotto is older and bigger now he cannot make near that so we have no fight , I dont blame JMM one bit I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes .

Comment

Working...
                    X