Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Officially Passes on Marquez Over Weight Dispute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Cotto is a lot bigger and JMM is small at 149 , it looks to me like a mexican standoff , Cotto is really squeezing to make 149 , probably thinks its on the edge and he already knows the consequence of being a little on the drained side , JMM on the other hand dont want to give Cotto any more weight , it would have shown on the night with Cotto being very strong and physical , the only way JMM could beat Cotto is to drain him he is just too big and strong for JMM if healthy and comfortable at the weight .

I knew the fight would never happen the moment JMM said 147 , Cotto is older and bigger now he cannot make near that so we have no fight , I dont blame JMM one bit I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes .
    Cotto will be drained at 149 and 147 doesn't even sound feasible. If he doesn't want it at 149 then Juan never really wanted it in the first place. I'm surprised Cotto even conceded to 149.

Comment

A good come back fight for Marquez is a Diego Chaves bout. Dude's been off the radar since Bradley and Rios. I wouldn't even mind Alvarado vs Diego Chaves. If by luck Alvarado would KO Chaves they'd push to sell Rios vs Alvarado 4. HBO funny like that.

Comment

I thought Marquez was retired?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          Watch them offer the fight to Rios
          I can see Bradley now!

Comment

Thank the boxing gods, this fight is stamped with VOID, for being past due. Im still holding out for Cotto vs. Bradley, makes so much sense. I would also like to see Maidana come back and fight Cotto at 154. Rumor is hes heading back to the gym, and will only agree to a big pay day. Good fight, though I believe Cotto takes him out, it could launch him into a fight of Cotto vs Bradley early next year, especially if Bradley can get a big win as well.

Comment

roc nation is a failure

lol $15 million for cotto to fight some unnamed scrub for his next fight.

Comment

Who the hell is Cotto going to fight to earn the 15 mil... Unless it's manny, marquez, floyd or canelo,, no one else brings that type of pay day..

Prediction.... We will get cotto vs someone like bradley, kirkland, angulo,, roc nation will lose tons of money, and will shut down and leave the sport

Comment

That's a shame, it would have been one of the most relevant fights of 2016 among Ward-Kovalev, Fury-Wlad, Crawford-Postol, Thurman-Porter, Canelo-Khan, GGG-Brook

Comment

Why would anyone want to watch Cotto beat up a shot to **** JMM anyway?

Comment

im glad marquez never agreed to anything over 147, he is just too small for cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X