No announcement yet.

Loeffler asks Haymon about Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    those are nice opinions... too bad no facts to back them up.
    Fact? Isn't Lara's viewer number fact enough of how many people actually want to watch him fight? I would think so. He is irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
      Similar to Ward offering a fight AFTER team GG had agreed to fight Lemieux? And GG ducking Ward doe.
      The Ward offer was to have 1 fight before fighting early 2016, so the Lemieux was fine.

They haven't even made Lara an offer, Loeffler contacted Haymon about ALL his fighters not about a Lara fight. Lil Ginas jumping to conclusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
        Fact? Isn't Lara's viewer number fact enough of how many people actually want to watch him fight? I would think so. He is irrelevant.
        Lemieux's fight before Lil G had 163k viewers. How much did he get paid?
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-29-2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
          Lemieux's fight before Lil G had 163k viewers. How much did he get paid?
          He got put in a PPV which according to NSB tanked and routinely criticized. So why would there be another tanked PPV? You lot are so contradictory sometimes. I doubt any of you nerds will buy the ppv if they put lara in it anyway and it will tank again.

Comment

• Bottom line is this Decubas guy is now obligated to make the negotiation process as smooth as possible considering he's been tweeting GG's name for as long as I can remember. He claims he wants the GG fight badly for Lara. Even says he can fight GG in Kazakhstan.

I don't want to see this guy negotiating thru the media.

Comment

He got put in a PPV which according to NSB tanked and routinely criticized. So why would there be another tanked PPV? You lot are so contradictory sometimes. I doubt any of you nerds will buy the ppv if they put lara in it anyway and it will tank again.
              Lil Ginas said the PPV broke even. Both boxers got paid. A Lil G v Lara PPV won't do any worse. No reason not to do it. Unless of course it didn't break even and they actually lost money. So which is it?

Comment

Lil Ginas said the PPV broke even. Both boxers got paid. A Lil G v Lara PPV won't do any worse. No reason not to do it. Unless of course it didn't break even and they actually lost money. So which is it?
                I don't have the numbers to know how much the fight made but looking at past PPV numbers, it wasn't a success. What is the point of breaking even when you fight in front of 100k viewers? It helps you nowhere for your future fights. Infact fighting in free tv probably has more value for future fights as you can lure in more people. Not to mention Lara, wants much more than Lemieux so it will have to have higher ppv number. GGG is doing the smarter thing and going to UK to build a fanbase and fight in front of millions to make way for the Saunders fight. I am really glad that GGG has better financial knowledge than most NSB people who fly in fantasy land. The economic literacy in this forum is terrifying. I really wonder how you people function in normal world when you don't understand basic income-expense and profit margins.

Comment

I don't have the numbers to know how much the fight made but looking at past PPV numbers, it wasn't a success. What is the point of breaking even when you fight in front of 100k viewers? It helps you nowhere for your future fights. Infact fighting in free tv probably has more value for future fights as you can lure in more people. Not to mention Lara, wants much more than Lemieux so it will have to have higher ppv number. GGG is doing the smarter thing and going to UK to build a fanbase and fight in front of millions to make way for the Saunders fight. I am really glad that GGG has better financial knowledge than most NSB people who fly in fantasy land. The economic literacy in this forum is terrifying. I really wonder how you people function in normal world when you don't understand basic income-expense and profit margins.
                  What's the point of breaking even? The fighters still get their guarantees and promoters lose nothing. Didn't Lemieux get 1.5 mil? Lara will settle for that.

Comment

What's the point of breaking even? The fighters still get their guarantees and promoters lose nothing. Didn't Lemieux get 1.5 mil? Lara will settle for that.
                    You are in a thread where Lara's men are expecting over 2m to fight. Much over that infact. As I said, there is no point in breaking even in PPV. The whole idea of PPV is to make a **** ton of money because of a big fanbase which neither of them has. Fighting Lara gets GGG nothing. Absolutely nothing. No new fans, no groundbreaking money. His next fight viewers after Lara fight will not increase. It is the same old folks watching him fight. PPV isn't a success until it can get about 300k buys for GGG from a rough guess. Businessmen and promoters don't make fights to break even. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. For example would you give a food stall if you know you aren't gonna make any profit from it?
                    If Lara fight goes to PPV, I'd rather have GGG offer it to Jacobs who gets about the same viewers as Lara but is also a MW belt holder which is better. Atleast he will have a cosmetic belt to show for it

Comment

You are in a thread where Lara's men are expecting over 2m to fight. Much over that infact. As I said, there is no point in breaking even in PPV. The whole idea of PPV is to make a **** ton of money because of a big fanbase which neither of them has. Fighting Lara gets GGG nothing. Absolutely nothing. No new fans, no groundbreaking money. His next fight viewers after Lara fight will not increase. It is the same old folks watching him fight. PPV isn't a success until it can get about 300k buys for GGG from a rough guess. Businessmen and promoters don't make fights to break even. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. For example would you give a food stall if you know you aren't gonna make any profit from it?
                      If Lara fight goes to PPV, I'd rather have GGG offer it to Jacobs who gets about the same viewers as Lara but is also a MW belt holder which is better. Atleast he will have a cosmetic belt to show for it
                      Where do they say they want 2 mil you dumb f.uck? It's Lil Ginas pulling numbers out of thin air again.

The fighters still get paid, the promoters break even or make a profit, it's a no lose situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X