No announcement yet.

Crawfords getting way overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
    Agree he doesn't impress me anywhere near as much as Errol Spence he fights boring and when he is forced to mix it up with someone who can counter and use head movement oppose to sitting on the outside running about waiting for his opponent to over-extend he really does get shown up.

I think he belongs just in the P4P rankings but he is in absolutely no way shape or form deserve to be rated ahead of the likes of Thurman, Golovkin, Gonzalez, Brook, Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, Lara, Canelo, Rigo and to be honest I could be here for a while we all know why some certain people have him on their P4P lists country bias.
    Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
    I was never impressed with him but his speed/power and movement did just get tested against a decent fighter his size (finally) and he passed that test easily. I do think 135 was weak as **** and that Postol isn't some killer(Mathysse win was basically due to Matthysse being a mental midget).....

It did impress me that Crawford was mentally very strong in this fight....the Postol fight could've been an 8-4 even more boring fight but the moment he roughed up Postol in the clinch, he destroyed him mentally...the way Postol got caught with a very dumb shot early in the 5th was a sign of how Crawford had dominated the mental game in those clinches. Postol tried to get him back and got put on queer street instead and quit mentally, so he was done from that point forward, and had a style that was never made to play catchup to a speedy counterpuncher, so I'm still not sold on Crawford being able to hang with dynamic welters, but I certainly give him a shot now that he's shown his stuff in a fight were his opponent was at least respectable.

I agree with a lot in these post especially him being mentally strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Brandon Rios fought Pacquiao ; Crawford does not have to prove himself beyond being two weight world champion lineal in both...Chris Algeri.....Im going to stop. Bye.

Yea he earned the fight with PAC i mean no way does he win that fight.

Comment

nah, crawford is the truth. he's getting the recognition he deserves for his talents.

him and danny is the fight.

Comment

Maybe a little, but I've seen enough to know that he beats Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Khabib is ridiculously far behind Crawford or any other top welterweight or super lightweight. That fight proves absolutely nothing.

All I have to do is point to how badly Malignaggi's boxing skills bothered Broner. And not even prime Paulie, but a past it Paulie that arguably lost his last fight to Pablo Cesar Cano. That guy almost beat Broner. Crawford is so much better at the things Paulie did in that fight that Broner would be lucky to win 2 rounds. That's without even bringing up that Maidana and Porter not only beat Broner, they beat him easily. Porter boxed his head off. Has Broner ever beaten anyone as good as Postol or Gamboa? Come on.

Broner has zero functional advantages against Crawford. He isn't faster, he isn't stronger, he isn't more skilled, he isn't more talented, and Crawford's style is an absolute nightmare for him. he probably doesn't even have more power. What in the world could he do to beat Crawford?

None of Crawford's opponents punch like AB. Crawford doesn't have the best defense, he has skills but he's not super fast or doesn't punch super hard. Broners been in with the better fighters and is bigger. Crawford has a lot of holes that Broner could exploit.

Broner beat Paulie's ass too that fight wasn't close.
            Last edited by Adonis Creed; 07-26-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

He's definitely being overrated but i still have him comfortably in my top 5 p4p. I think he can continue to dominate at 140 but if he ever goes up against the big dogs at 147 he'd probably go 1-1 which is still insanely impressive considering he started at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Khabib is ridiculously far behind Crawford or any other top welterweight or super lightweight. That fight proves absolutely nothing.

All I have to do is point to how badly Malignaggi's boxing skills bothered Broner. And not even prime Paulie, but a past it Paulie that arguably lost his last fight to Pablo Cesar Cano. That guy almost beat Broner. Crawford is so much better at the things Paulie did in that fight that Broner would be lucky to win 2 rounds. That's without even bringing up that Maidana and Porter not only beat Broner, they beat him easily. Porter boxed his head off. Has Broner ever beaten anyone as good as Postol or Gamboa? Come on.

Broner has zero functional advantages against Crawford. He isn't faster, he isn't stronger, he isn't more skilled, he isn't more talented, and Crawford's style is an absolute nightmare for him. he probably doesn't even have more power. What in the world could he do to beat Crawford?
                Yeah pretty much this. With the Postol fight Crawford showed me just how good his movement and footwork can be, which would spell nightmares for the flat-footed, pot-shotting Broner. Maybe it was on this board, but I certainly don't recall a lot of people saying Broner would lose to Khabib.

Crawford IMO is getting the love he deserves and is where he should be in peoples mind. A very good fighter on the verge of being great. So many out there (despite the odds) called this as a close 50/50 type fight. To then go back and say Postol was nothing just because Terence made him look like nothing is disingenuous. Similarly Broner is regarded as he should be, a good fighter that may have had the potential to be great, but is too stubborn/dimwitted to realize it.

Comment

I mean he's 2x lineal champ already. It's not like he'd be a fav to beat manny and he's def not the next floyd

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Maybe a little, but I've seen enough to know that he beats Broner.
                    oh definitely that, that would be a war though as broner comes to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                      He's definitely being overrated but i still have him comfortably in my top 5 p4p. I think he can continue to dominate at 140 but if he ever goes up against the big dogs at 147 he'd probably go 1-1 which is still insanely impressive considering he started at 135.
                      So this may be a stupid question, but if he is comfortably in your top 5 p4p, how is it exactly he is being overrated? I don't see a ton of calls for him being listed as GOAT/ATG, so how much higher are people rating him?

Comment

Working...
                      X