Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawfords getting way overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are severely underrating Crawford if you think there's any question about him beating Broner. He would humiliate Broner with ease.

Comment

What fighter after a big win don't get overrated a bit on this forum

I don't think he is Overrated, he is rated right where he is should be, I think it is just killing some people that an American is getting this much LOVE because it does fit their agenda of "American Boxing Is Dead And My Country Is Taking Over Boxing"

Crawford is one of the best P4P Fighters in the World, PERIOD, he deserves all the praise he is getting right now because unlike others, Crawford vs Postol was #1 vs #2 for supremacy in the 140 Division and it was many who thought Postol would win and even tried to accuse Crawford of Ducking Postol so let Crawford get his Credit and stop trying to Water Down his Accomplishment

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
        If you need him to fight Broner to be convinced, I don't think you know what you're looking at.
        I think he was referring to Broner as a gatekeeper. A defeat over him opens the door to Porter, Thurman etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          You are severely underrating Crawford if you think there's any question about him beating Broner. He would humiliate Broner with ease.

I disagree people were saying that Russian he fought a few fights ago was gonna beat Broner and AB beat his ass. His only losses are to Porter and Maidana, he gets underrated now.

Comment

Agree he doesn't impress me anywhere near as much as Errol Spence he fights boring and when he is forced to mix it up with someone who can counter and use head movement oppose to sitting on the outside running about waiting for his opponent to over-extend he really does get shown up.

I think he belongs just in the P4P rankings but he is in absolutely no way shape or form deserve to be rated ahead of the likes of Thurman, Golovkin, Gonzalez, Brook, Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, Lara, Canelo, Rigo and to be honest I could be here for a while we all know why some certain people have him on their P4P lists country bias.

Comment

I was never impressed with him but his speed/power and movement did just get tested against a decent fighter his size (finally) and he passed that test easily. I do think 135 was weak as **** and that Postol isn't some killer(Mathysse win was basically due to Matthysse being a mental midget).....

It did impress me that Crawford was mentally very strong in this fight....the Postol fight could've been an 8-4 even more boring fight but the moment he roughed up Postol in the clinch, he destroyed him mentally...the way Postol got caught with a very dumb shot early in the 5th was a sign of how Crawford had dominated the mental game in those clinches. Postol tried to get him back and got put on queer street instead and quit mentally, so he was done from that point forward, and had a style that was never made to play catchup to a speedy counterpuncher, so I'm still not sold on Crawford being able to hang with dynamic welters, but I certainly give him a shot now that he's shown his stuff in a fight were his opponent was at least respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

I don't think he is Overrated, he is rated right where he is should be, I think it is just killing some people that an American is getting this much LOVE because it does fit their agenda of "American Boxing Is Dead And My Country Is Taking Over Boxing"

Crawford is one of the best P4P Fighters in the World, PERIOD, he deserves all the praise he is getting right now because unlike others, Crawford vs Postol was #1 vs #2 for supremacy in the 140 Division and it was many who thought Postol would win and even tried to accuse Crawford of Ducking Postol so let Crawford get his Credit and stop trying to Water Down his Accomplishment

I'm giving him all credit as the top JWW but that division isn't the same as it was a couple years ago. I'm not convinced how high he is compared to other guys p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
                  No he's already good I'm saying if your talking about p4p or possible matchups in the future like Pacquioa then yea he has to move up and prove himself against better fighters than Lundy, Jean, and Postol.
                  Brandon Rios fought Pacquiao ; Crawford does not have to prove himself beyond being two weight world champion lineal in both...Chris Algeri.....Im going to stop. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
                    I disagree people were saying that Russian he fought a few fights ago was gonna beat Broner and AB beat his ass. His only losses are to Porter and Maidana, he gets underrated now.
                    Khabib is ridiculously far behind Crawford or any other top welterweight or super lightweight. That fight proves absolutely nothing.

All I have to do is point to how badly Malignaggi's boxing skills bothered Broner. And not even prime Paulie, but a past it Paulie that arguably lost his last fight to Pablo Cesar Cano. That guy almost beat Broner. Crawford is so much better at the things Paulie did in that fight that Broner would be lucky to win 2 rounds. That's without even bringing up that Maidana and Porter not only beat Broner, they beat him easily. Porter boxed his head off. Has Broner ever beaten anyone as good as Postol or Gamboa? Come on.

Broner has zero functional advantages against Crawford. He isn't faster, he isn't stronger, he isn't more skilled, he isn't more talented, and Crawford's style is an absolute nightmare for him. he probably doesn't even have more power. What in the world could he do to beat Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Explain why Crawford was the favourite and explain why all the pro's were picking Crawford to win?
                      Just because the outsiders think something doesn't make it true.
                      Fact is Crawford has said his best win is still over a guy who belongs at 126lbs not 135lbs, so which is it?
                      Fighting a smaller guy you're much bigger than is a notable win
                      Or
                      Fighting a smaller guy you're much bigger than isn't that good for you
                      Or is it only good when it suits your American agenda?

I'm all for American fighters doing well but I refuse to support someone who stinks the house out I'll root for a Wilder, Thurman, Porter and a Spence but why should I rate a guy so highly when Americans critique all of the current fighters to such a high standard judging each of their wins?

Gamboa best win is - Salido? Ponce De Leon?
                      Crawford best win is - Matthysse after looking dodgy in previous fights

Comment

Working...
                      X