No announcement yet.

Crawfords getting way overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
    It works both ways. He has better defense but isn't as aggressive offensively as those two and that's what caused the most problems for Broner. The more he waits and the slower the pace the better it'll be for Broner.You can't really call AB a potshotter, he throws hard shots and sits down on his shots good.
    Anyone who doesn't stand right in front of Broner gives him trouble. Whether it's moving outside or getting right in his face, he is bothered by any style that doesn't involve standing right in front of him. Porter beat him both inside and outside with ease.

Broner could never win a boxing match at range against Crawford. He couldn't win inside either. So how the hell is he winning?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Anyone who doesn't stand right in front of Broner gives him trouble. Whether it's moving outside or getting right in his face, he is bothered by any style that doesn't involve standing right in front of him. Porter beat him both inside and outside with ease.

Broner could never win a boxing match at range against Crawford. He couldn't win inside either. So how the hell is he winning?

Lol this is part of the reason he's so overrated, you act like he's impossible to outbox. Crawfords good but he isn't some great boxer that you can't outthink or who's impossible to hit clean. Adrien can box to and idk if Crawford can even take a shot from AB. Broner would be TCs best win if he beat him, better than Postol.

Comment

Lol this is part of the reason he's so overrated, you act like he's impossible to outbox. Crawfords good but he isn't some great boxer that you can't outthink or who's impossible to hit clean. Adrien can box to and idk if Crawford can even take a shot from AB. Broner would be TCs best win if he beat him, better than Postol.
        I never said Crawford is impossible to outbox. He's impossible for Broner to outbox, because Broner can only outbox crude sluggers. Against any fighter that isn't C class or lower he looks bad. Broner doesn't have a single win as good as Postol stopping Matthysse. Why is Broner a better win than him? A hell of a lot worse and more fragile fighters than Crawford can take Broner's shots. Why the hell would Crawford not be able to?

The only overrating being done here is of Broner, who despite looking absolutely useless and losing badly to Maidana and Porter and struggling with much lesser fighters like past prime Malignaggi and Daniel Ponce de Leon is still treated as if he is capable of greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          He would beat Bradley and Thurman, I see him knocking em down more than once, especially Bradley because Bradley seems to struggle a lot against the southpaw style and he likes to brawl a lot, which will just play him right into Crawford's power.

I'm not sure how he would fair against Pac. Pac is definitely faster and I don't know if Crawford can handle Manny's power either. He gets hit a lot in the early rounds and Pac hits very hard so I really am not sure how that would go.

I think people have seen a different side to Crawford in his last fight though that has made em think Crawford could pull it off. Crawford showed a new level of ring IQ/savvy and intelligence against Postol and he showed good quality counter punching and lateral movement, two things which are Pacquiao's weakness, and off course, he has that concussing KO power that can equalise things at any point during the fight.
          I think both those guys beat Crawford, honestly Bradley to me is a better version of Crawford.

He has some power but idk how he got the rep as a big power puncher, I don't see it definitely not enough to say he would drop a big guy like Thurman.

Comment

if you can't see that crawford is an outstanding boxer, i can live with that but why the f*** does he have to beat WWs to be a special boxer - when he moves up to WW - and he will - then you'll realise that this guy is a special talent. Right now he would make broner look very average - that is not a good match up for broner. unfortunately for crawford there is no one even close to him at junior ww that is even a half interesting challenge. don't know where he goes from here.

Comment

QUOTE=bojangles1987;16899634]I never said Crawford is impossible to outbox. He's impossible for Broner to outbox, because Broner can only outbox crude sluggers. Against any fighter that isn't C class or lower he looks bad. Broner doesn't have a single win as good as Postol stopping Matthysse. Why is Broner a better win than him? A hell of a lot worse and more fragile fighters than Crawford can take Broner's shots. Why the hell would Crawford not be able to?

The only overrating being done here is of Broner, who despite looking absolutely useless and losing badly to Maidana and Porter and struggling with much lesser fighters like past prime Malignaggi and Daniel Ponce de Leon is still treated as if he is capable of greatness.[/QUOTE]

Demarco was C level when Broner beat him? Crawford was getting hurt by Gamboa so who knows how he'll react to Broner.

Comment

Im not even mainly talking about just p4p really, as a fighter he's overhyped.
                What is overhyped about him, please explain! Again not like he is retiring after this fight he is not done not sure how he is overhype for beating the other top guy in his Division. But if he stays at 140 he has some competition on the rise in his Division in guys like Lipinets, Barthelemy, Troyanovsky so he has plenty of time and will have plenty of opportunity to prove himself over and over and over again

Comment

Originally posted by taes View Post
                  if you can't see that crawford is an outstanding boxer, i can live with that but why the f*** does he have to beat WWs to be a special boxer - when he moves up to WW - and he will - then you'll realise that this guy is a special talent. Right now he would make broner look very average - that is not a good match up for broner. unfortunately for crawford there is no one even close to him at junior ww that is even a half interesting challenge. don't know where he goes from here.

Crawford took care of business and gets full credit but look at who's 140 compared to who's at 147. He doesn't have to beat a WW he could fight someone like Barthalemy and I wouldn't have a problem.

Comment

QUOTE=bojangles1987;16899634]I never said Crawford is impossible to outbox. He's impossible for Broner to outbox, because Broner can only outbox crude sluggers. Against any fighter that isn't C class or lower he looks bad. Broner doesn't have a single win as good as Postol stopping Matthysse. Why is Broner a better win than him? A hell of a lot worse and more fragile fighters than Crawford can take Broner's shots. Why the hell would Crawford not be able to?

The only overrating being done here is of Broner, who despite looking absolutely useless and losing badly to Maidana and Porter and struggling with much lesser fighters like past prime Malignaggi and Daniel Ponce de Leon is still treated as if he is capable of greatness.

Demarco was C level when Broner beat him? Crawford was getting hurt by Gamboa so who knows how he'll react to Broner.[/QUOTE]

Demarco was C level at best, and has usually been worse than that throughout his career.

Comment

He's the best at 140 but people saying he'll beat Pacquioa and he's like a young Floyd when he's nowhere near. I'm sure even Tim Bradley could have kod all his previous opponents. Other's like Spence, Brook,Porter would kill those guys.

I give him his due for his win but if we're talking about him vs any of these guys at WW I don't see him beating PAC, Bradley, Thurman etc. Crawford should go after Broner and it's not even a sure thing he beats him.
                      Agree 100 percent

Comment

Working...
                      X