No announcement yet.

Crawfords getting way overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adonis Creed View Post
    None of Crawford's opponents punch like AB. Crawford doesn't have the best defense, he has skills but he's not super fast or doesn't punch super hard. Broners been in with the better fighters and is bigger. Crawford has a lot of holes that Broner could exploit.

Broner beat Paulie's ass too that fight wasn't close.
    Crawford's defense is much better than Maidana or Porter. Broner's one shot every 30 seconds isn't going to get the job done against Crawford. The guy wants to stand at range and potshot. That couldn't possibly play more into Crawford's strengths.

Comment

Crawford got a solid win under his belt, the hype is now warranted. The biggest question is his inside game at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by b0x
        I rate him within the top 3 p4p. And I'm a white boy from the UK. So no racism and no nationalism. I wonder if you will acknowledge this though or is your bias too strong? Crawford has proven himself through multiple divisions, and most recently completely shut out the best 140 lber, who had height and reach advantage. I always look at fighters objectively, and Crawford has torn his way through every division on the way up. Same thing goes for Ward when he beats Kovalev.
        Target my other comment that explained why TC isn't a top 3 P4P fighter he doesn't belong ahead of the likes of Wlad, Fury, GGG, Sergey Kovalev, Rigo, Thurman and many more he has a long way to go...
        Beating guys who belong at 126lbs at 135lbs when this guy had a year or so lay off isn't impressive?
        Or is it impressive?
        Then who has Postol beat to make him this world beater, gross exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Crawford's defense is much better than Maidana or Porter. Broner's one shot every 30 seconds isn't going to get the job done against Crawford. The guy wants to stand at range and potshot. That couldn't possibly play more into Crawford's strengths.
          It works both ways. He has better defense but isn't as aggressive offensively as those two and that's what caused the most problems for Broner. The more he waits and the slower the pace the better it'll be for Broner.You can't really call AB a potshotter, he throws hard shots and sits down on his shots good.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            disagree to an extend.

crawford's style doesnt really put himself out there to be hit. whenever he does decide to trade he would get tag like in the gamboa fight. crawford's defense is actually overrated.

Comment

oh boy here we go....

Comment

I'm giving him all credit as the top JWW but that division isn't the same as it was a couple years ago. I'm not convinced how high he is compared to other guys p4p.
                OK, well it is not like he is retiring after that fight, nobody said he is a "ALL TIME GREAT" he earned his P4P Position with a big win. Now moving on to what is next! As I posted in another thread, P4P Rankings are not unless because it is a Popularity Contest and people do them being bias to who they like and what style they like instead of what P4P is truly about. Most don't even know what P4P truly means but have the nerve to have a P4P Ranking

Being considered now one of the best P4P is not like people are calling him a All Time Great! Lets Calm The FUK Down people!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  OK, well it is not like he is retiring after that fight, nobody said he is a "ALL TIME GREAT" he earned his P4P Position with a big win. Now moving on to what is next! As I posted in another thread, P4P Rankings are not unless because it is a Popularity Contest and people do them being bias to who they like and what style they like instead of what P4P is truly about. Most don't even know what P4P truly means but have the nerve to have a P4P Ranking

Being considered now one of the best P4P is not like people are calling him a All Time Great! Lets Calm The FUK Down people!

Im not even mainly talking about just p4p really, as a fighter he's overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    disagree to an extend.

crawford's style doesnt really put himself out there to be hit. whenever he does decide to trade he would get tag like in the gamboa fight. crawford's defense is actually overrated.
                    Okay, any fighter that puts himself out there is going to get tagged. And getting tagged by Yuri Gamboa is nothing to be ashamed of, even at lightweight he was a dangerous fighter.

Crawford has better defense than either Maidana or Porter. That isn't debatable. And yes, he has shown better defense while being aggressive. He doesn't fight like he did vs. Postol very often.

Comment

He's the best at 140 but people saying he'll beat Pacquioa and he's like a young Floyd when he's nowhere near. I'm sure even Tim Bradley could have kod all his previous opponents. Other's like Spence, Brook,Porter would kill those guys.

I give him his due for his win but if we're talking about him vs any of these guys at WW I don't see him beating PAC, Bradley, Thurman etc. Crawford should go after Broner and it's not even a sure thing he beats him.
                      He would beat Bradley and Thurman, I see him knocking em down more than once, especially Bradley because Bradley seems to struggle a lot against the southpaw style and he likes to brawl a lot, which will just play him right into Crawford's power.

I'm not sure how he would fair against Pac. Pac is definitely faster and I don't know if Crawford can handle Manny's power either. He gets hit a lot in the early rounds and Pac hits very hard so I really am not sure how that would go.

I think people have seen a different side to Crawford in his last fight though that has made em think Crawford could pull it off. Crawford showed a new level of ring IQ/savvy and intelligence against Postol and he showed good quality counter punching and lateral movement, two things which are Pacquiao's weakness, and off course, he has that concussing KO power that can equalise things at any point during the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X