No announcement yet.

Ppv purses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppv purses

Purses per Porky Rafael: Crawford $1.3M, Postol 675k, Valdez 140, Rueda 30k (plus more from Argentina), Benavidez 50k, Santana 50k, Gvozdyk 30k, Karpency 50k

Pretty crazy for HBO to not have the budget to pay 2 mio for a unifaction fight, between the two best guys in the jr. welterweight division.

Comment

That's what they pay out for a GGG card, HBO should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        Pretty crazy for HBO to not have the budget to pay 2 mio for a unifaction fight, between the two best guys in the jr. welterweight division.
        These purses seem reasonable

Comment

I agree Golovkin made 2Million fighting Wade smh

Comment

And this is on PPV why?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              I agree Golovkin made 2Million fighting Wade smh
              I'm a firmly believer that fighters should get extra pay. But i'm not a promoter and we looking in have no idea the logistics. And regards to GGG making 2 mill if you bring in that business. I believe you should be paid accordingly.

Comment

That's a total of $2.3 million. The GGG-Wade main event alone was $2.5 million. But they put away money for Golovkin & Canelo fights later this year. Neither fight will be as good as this one smh

Comment

It's mind boggling. Fights like this were just regular occurrences on HBO just a few years ago, now they only have enough money to pay for a few key guys (Golovkin, Andre Ward, Kovalev, Bradley, Canelo (the rare time he isn't on PPV),. These are dark times.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    That's a total of $2.3 million. The GGG-Wade main event alone was $2.5 million. But they put away money for Golovkin & Canelo fights later this year. Neither fight will be as good as this one smh
                    Don't forget Ward. HBO Boxing purses: Ward $1.85 million, Barrera $450,000 = $2.3 million.

Ward will get around the same $2 million mark give or take for his upcoming fight against Brand as well.

Clearly HBO is willing to pay for subpar Golovkin fights because they think or at least though that was building to a huge Canelo fight. Likewise with Ward, they buy poor fight with Brand because they are building towards a big Kovalev showdown.

It absolutely sucks for fights like Postol vs Crawford though, legit unification fights that really aren't even that expensive to buy.

Comment

Working...
                    X