Ppv purses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Hbo is headed for self destruction all they have now s game of thrones
    Ballers and Silicon Valley are pretty good and I am looking forward to Westworld whenever that comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      If by "no hoper" you mean Canelo, Jacobs, Bjs, etc... yes, I think those no hopers should man up and face ggg.
      What are you talking about none of those guys would fight withing a hbo budget

Comment

We as boxing fans can blame Andre Ward and Gennady Golovkin for this. These guys make more than this entire card combined just for themselves to fight overmatched opposition.

They win, we lose. Boxing sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          We as boxing fans can blame Andre Ward and Gennady Golovkin for this. These guys make more than this entire card combined just for themselves to fight overmatched opposition.

At least with ward there s a end fight. Gg has made a career out of beating no hopers

Comment

lol neither are to blame it's simply HBO and their budget cuts. If they had the same yearly budget as they did 5 years ago, fights like Crawford vs Postol would not he on PPV. Fights like Loma vs Walters would have been made and so on. Ward getting $2m for Brand, Golovkin getting $2m for Wade, this wouldn't even put a dent into HBOs budget 6-8 years ago.

The other thing with Golovkin and Ward is that have been been building to something bigger. The Wade fight happened only because Canelo wanted an extension and agreed he would fight Golovkin after and Wade was mandatory. Of course HBO will have that with the return of a huge PPV, plus Golovkin has a contract with HBO for X amount of fights, Wade wasn't the ideal opponent for anyone but since he couldn't get Canelo then nor Saunders they had to take Wade. Obviously though Canelo ducked out on the agreement after and the big PPV they thought they had never happened. Likewise with Ward, they'll gladly pay his purse for Brand since it's leading into a big Kovalev fight.

Because of their ever shrinking budget cuts, they can only invest in so many guys - Canelo, Ward, Golovkin, Bradley, Kovalev. I mean if they can't even fork over a little over $2m for Crawford vs Postol, what does that say about HBO? it says their budget is weak as hell right now, by far the weakest it's ever been and that's a damn shame as boxing fans.

Comment

if those are the purses this fight shouldn't be on PPV.

Comment

If HBO had a good budget they could still do a lot but dudes fight to get paid and it is not like $1 million is anything in sports now, a couple million dollars on a fight isn't anything special and 3 or 4 shouldn't really be either.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  At least with ward there s a end fight. Gg has made a career out of beating no hopers
                  Sure but even all the way back in 2013 HBO paid Ward-Rodriguez $2.9M. That wasn't leading to anything. Ward's my favorite active fighter, but between his inactivity, fringe competition, and unreliable style, how can anyone suggest he should be getting $2M for Edwin Rodriguez, Paul Smith, Sullivan Barrera, and Alexander Brand EACH?

Get your money I guess. But HBO can't expect me to stay home on a Saturday night in the middle of the summer to shell out $60 for a PPV. I'll be out and about tmrw night and hopefully the Video Trading Block has a decent download link Sunday morning.

Let's go Bud!

Comment

Sure but even all the way back in 2013 HBO paid Ward-Rodriguez $2.9M. That wasn't leading to anything. Ward's my favorite active fighter, but between his inactivity, fringe competition, and unreliable style, how can anyone suggest he should be getting $2M for Edwin Rodriguez, Paul Smith, Sullivan Barrera, and Alexander Brand EACH?

Get your money I guess. But HBO can't expect me to stay home on a Saturday night in the middle of the summer to shell out $60 for a PPV. I'll be out and about tmrw night and hopefully the Video Trading Block has a decent download link Sunday morning.

Let's go Bud!
                    Have to wonder what hbo plan is. They also overpay for chocolate man and Loma

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                      Pretty crazy for HBO to not have the budget to pay 2 mio for a unifaction fight, between the two best guys in the jr. welterweight division.
                      F#cking this. $2M overall is HBO caliber purses. Wtf.

I guess someone sold these two that people not on boxing forums on a regular basis knew who the f#ck they are & the PPV backend could be sweet or something. Or maybe they got some sweet ass PPV cut or something idk. Or HBO broker this year than people think.

Comment

Working...
                      X