Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank discussion: Which Race has produced the best fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pound 4 pound Latin fighters are clearly the best and have ruled lightweight and below. Black and white fighters have the advantage of being huge so naturally they rule the heavier weight classes.

But I watched a video of Salvador Sanchez a few weeks ago and let me tell you, I have never seen skill like that in my life. Ever. I was mesmerized, the skill level was surreal. No one can ever convince me that Robinson or Leonard was better than this guy. Never.

I have no doubt that if Salvador Sanchez didn't die so early at 23 he would have been the greatest fighter in history, without question.
    Last edited by Golgo 13; 07-22-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

There's more ATG black fighters than any other race. Just facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Communist View Post
        Wlad is Ukranian, I feel that Vitali is much better than Wlad skill wise but never had a chance to fully show it due to injury, he is one of my favorites.

To answer your question Kostya Tszyu who is in hall of fame was born in Russia and started boxing there but later moved away after the Soviet Union collapsed. I can name plenty of Western European fighters in hall of fame .

But anyways the "international" boxing hall of fame is once again in reality located in American and run by Americans and is still biased. You have Gatti in there yet Vitali is still not in there last time I checked.
        western europe produces a lot of good fighters some were great but they dont have a lot of all time great boxers like other areas.

Kostya Tyszu definitely deserves a shout....grew up on him....imo the euros have more atg amatuers than they had pros

Comment

I would say Europeans have been making serious strides. Everyone above 160 is either Euro or black. Ukraine, Russia, and the UK are killing it right now!!!

The problem with latinos is they barely make is over 5'9 160

Comment

Originally posted by Communist View Post
            These biased American writers vote for Black fighters because there are not as many White fighters in America, they still want to put America first above Mexico and Puerto Rico.

I respect your opinion but kinda annoying when you put up some damn "list" written by some old-ass American sofa "experts" like Lampley and Merchant who've never boxed a day in their lives, and act like everyone here should treat it as "fact". That list is opinion just like everyone else, my 6 year old nephew knows more about boxing than Jim Lampley.

As for the question, I think Latino fighters are clearly the best in featherweight, lightweight, and the smaller weights. British fighters dominate supper middleweight and Americans have dominated heavyweight for the most part. But latino fighters have dominated the most weight divisons.
            its about talent not race.....put fighters in their place, that would make sense that are not african american then.

Comment

Not blacks that for sure
              Is that what you wanted to read you racist prick?

Reported for race baiting

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                That sh it is classic man! Hell yeah!
                Now you know you done Fawked up right (laughs) you done Fawked up
                Hahha

Comment

Mayweather. RJJ. Ali. Foreman. Lewis. Holyfield. Ward. I could go on and on and on. Threads like these are good, it shows which people that really hates the fact that boxing is historically dominated by black fighters.

Comment

I think this is also tough because blacks and latins have a much higher participation rate in boxing than white and asians. Boxing is huge in Mexico and black communities.

Per capita I would say European are the best. Especially at heavier weights...!!

Comment

Originally posted by Avenge Myself View Post
                      Marciano would have knocked Ali draft-dodging ass out. Tyson's hero was always Jack Dempsey.

Duran was greatest Lightweight of all time and would KO Mayweather at Lightweight.

Jake Lamotta took Ray Robinson's 0.

Chavez Senior already knocked out Meldrick Taylor.

Hector Macho Camacho knocked Ray Leonard out.

Trinidad beat Whitaker, and Willie Pep was way more skilled than Whitaker.

Monzon was greatest middleweight of all time.

Fraud Jr was an IV cheater and coward who disgraced his own people and ducked Pacquiao for 6 years.

Greatest fighters were Latin fighters like Monzon and Duran, next were white fighters who served in army like Marciano and Dempsey, next are Asians, and finally we have the Draft-dodgers and the IV cheaters. you know who they are.
                      how can i take your post seriously when they first sentence you post has nothing to do with boxing or talent?

you really brought up fights where Leonard, whitaker, were washed up?

willie pep being more skilled than whitaker is an opinion...i respect that, he is one of my all time favorites and should be in everyones top ten all time

Monzon is definitely in the conversation, he definitely was the greatest champion at 160.....Harry Greb and Hagler are his only legit comp for # 1

Bro....you do know jack dempsey drew the color line and wouldnt fight harry wills or any of the other great black fighters from the teens and 1920s...if you dismiss an entire race, it affects their legacy...dempsey is overrated and deserves an asterick by his name just like the other champions who drew the color line....thats cowardice, you're not a legitmate world champion if you draw a line through an entire group of fighters to avoid.

I hope you arent one of those butthurt Mayweather detractors who are upset they havent seen him lose....Mayweather is an all time great...get over it...and he earned his status

Comment

Working...
                      X