Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank discussion: Which Race has produced the best fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those african descent. It's not even close.

Comment

Most people who claim SRR as the greatest of all time have probably never seen a single one of his fights. They just blindly repeat the rhetoric fed to them by these so-called experts.

Comment

Latinos for sure......

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn
          whose at #9?
          good eye

Originally posted by Communist View Post
          Lmfao these are some of the most biased people in the world of boxing. Most of these old farts are institution puppets who don't know the first thing about boxing and only keep their jobs by being politically correct all these years.

A real list should be voted and made by the PEOPLE from all over the world including 3rd world countries, not by some institution puppets in America.
          Lampley is a moron

I don't trust his boxing "knowledge" either

Comment

Here are the top 50 since WWII and the voters. This list is also predominantly black/african ameican.

1. Ray Robinson - 396pts - (17)
            2. Henry Armstrong - 339 - (1)
            3. Muhammad Ali - 324 - (1)
            4. Roberto Duran - 296
            5. Joe Luis - 293
            6. Ray Leonard - 258
            7. Willie Pep - 246 - (1)
            8. Archie Moore - 189
            9. Julio Cesar Chavez - 171
            10. Ezzard Charles - 164
            11. Perenell Whitaker - 132
            12. Floyd Mayweather Jr - 118
            13. Marvin Hagler - 117
            14. Carlos Monzon - 98
            15. Eder Jofre - 86
            16. Sandy Saddler - 82
            17. Roy Jones Jr - 80
            18. Rocky Marciano - 77
            19. Bernard Hopkins - 66
            20. Ike Williams - 55

Ron Borges (Ring), Bernard Fernandez (Ring), Doug Fischer (Ring), Norm Frauenhiem (Ring), Lee Groves (Tales from the Vault), Craig Hamilton (Historian), Thomas Hauser (Author), Kevin Iole (Yahoo Sport), Matt McGrain (Historian), Clay Moyle (Author), Martin Mulcahey (Historian), Patrick Myler Author), Jack Obermayer (Writer), Adam Pollack (Author), Cliff Rold (Historian), Michael Rosenthal (Ring), Mike Silver (Author), Tim Smith (Ring), Springs Toledo (Author), Anson Wainwright (Writer).

Comment

african americans takes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Lampley is a moron

I don't trust his boxing "knowledge" either
                Yup, anyone who quotes Jim Lampley when discussing boxing should be instantly ignored.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Here are the top 50 since WWII and the voters. This list is also predominantly black/african ameican.

1. Ray Robinson - 396pts - (17)
                2. Henry Armstrong - 339 - (1)
                3. Muhammad Ali - 324 - (1)
                4. Roberto Duran - 296
                5. Joe Luis - 293
                6. Ray Leonard - 258
                7. Willie Pep - 246 - (1)
                8. Archie Moore - 189
                9. Julio Cesar Chavez - 171
                10. Ezzard Charles - 164
                11. Perenell Whitaker - 132
                12. Floyd Mayweather Jr - 118
                13. Marvin Hagler - 117
                14. Carlos Monzon - 98
                15. Eder Jofre - 86
                16. Sandy Saddler - 82
                17. Roy Jones Jr - 80
                18. Rocky Marciano - 77
                19. Bernard Hopkins - 66
                20. Ike Williams - 55

Ron Borges (Ring), Bernard Fernandez (Ring), Doug Fischer (Ring), Norm Frauenhiem (Ring), Lee Groves (Tales from the Vault), Craig Hamilton (Historian), Thomas Hauser (Author), Kevin Iole (Yahoo Sport), Matt McGrain (Historian), Clay Moyle (Author), Martin Mulcahey (Historian), Patrick Myler Author), Jack Obermayer (Writer), Adam Pollack (Author), Cliff Rold (Historian), Michael Rosenthal (Ring), Mike Silver (Author), Tim Smith (Ring), Springs Toledo (Author), Anson Wainwright (Writer).

Brother those are all AMERICAN WRITERS, of course they are gonna vote for African AMERICANS.

Repeating the same biased American list isn't going to convince me.

Answer me this honestly: Have you actually seen Sugar Ray Robinson fight? I'm not talking a youtube highlight, I'm talking an actual fight from start to finish.
                Last edited by Communist; 07-22-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Communist View Post
                  Yup, anyone who quotes Jim Lampley when discussing boxing should be instantly ignored.

Brother those are all AMERICAN WRITERS, of course they are gonna vote for African AMERICANS.

Repeating the same biased American list isn't going to convince me.

Answer me this honestly: Have you actually seen Sugar Ray Robinson fight? I'm not talking a youtube highlight, I'm talking an actual fight from start to finish.
                  I am not trying to convince you. I am providing objective information to answer the TS question.

Almost all of the voters are white. if you are correct about biases then they should have voted for white americans not african americans according to you.

Why don't you just answer the question instead of trying to poke holes in the information.

edit: no I haven't seen SRR live. But I didn't vote in either poll so it doesn't matter.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-22-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I am not trying to convince you. I am providing objective information to answer the TS question.

Almost all of the voters are white. if you are correct about biases then they should have voted for white americans not african americans.

Why don't you just answer the question instead of trying to poke holes in the information.
                    These biased American writers vote for Black fighters because there are not as many White fighters in America, they still want to put America first above Mexico and Puerto Rico.

I respect your opinion but kinda annoying when you put up some damn "list" written by some old-ass American sofa "experts" like Lampley and Merchant who've never boxed a day in their lives, and act like everyone here should treat it as "fact". That list is opinion just like everyone else, my 6 year old nephew knows more about boxing than Jim Lampley.

As for the question, I think Latino fighters are clearly the best in featherweight, lightweight, and the smaller weights. British fighters dominate supper middleweight and Americans have dominated heavyweight for the most part. But latino fighters have dominated the most weight divisons.
                    Last edited by Communist; 07-22-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

edit: no I haven't seen SRR live. But I didn't vote in either poll so it doesn't matter.
                      I didn't mean live lol I just meant an actual fight tape from start to finish, like his fight against Maxim for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X