Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is not ready to fight Tyson Fury according to Lennox Lewis. Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony would never beat an aged Klitshcko in my opinion, but would still beat Fury

Comment

Tyson is the unified champion right now. how cool would it be for anthony joshua to become the champ

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Yea thats 100% not gonna happen. Joshua is gonna lose (to Fury or someone else) & guys like you won't come on this site for 3 days to a week & I'll be arguing against the anti-Joshua guys that Joshua isn't a bum or should retire.

If Fury gets his head on straight Hearn reallllly won't make the fight.

I think we can all agree Fury is an accident waiting to happen, but he'll still beat Joshua even if Fury has been beaten before they fight.

Sounds good.

Thats Joshua's only shot to win so that makes sense as your stance. Would sound weird if you suggested Joshua would outbox Fury.

Personally I think you'll be surprised when Joshua has his 2nd fight where his opponent isn't pissing himself in his corner as everyone except Whyte have been. And respect to Joshua & Hearn for creating a Tyson-like aura, but that isn't gonna last forever & Joshua isn't gonna be able to KO everyone or even beat everyone. I've seen him shook as an amateur & that chin isn't gonna hold up to everyone at HW & his fight IQ is severely lacking for a fight vs Fury.
        Of course Joshua will lose but he won't lose against the champions in this division at the moment.....I'm sure a new fighter will pop up somewhere and just be all wrong for Joshua ....so that's what i meant by that......Tyson fury ...like all the others before will realise just how strong and quick puncher Joshua is when they meet the ring......if Tyson fury besides the klitchcko fight is being matched up with the likes of chisora,hammer or abell..why the fck would Hearn worry about matching him with Joshua lol....dillian Whyte is as good as chisora ..... Your seriously deluded if you think fury has any remote chance of taking Joshua's power combinations....as for me disappearing for 3 days....nah I won't do that and I'll put my hand in the air and say I was wrong about him......lets see if u do the same shall we because I certainly will be calling u out that's for sure....u better be ready son.....and I think it's pretty safe to say most fighters especially at heavyweight have been shook or hurt in some way during there progression as they improve there level of heavyweight opponents....furys been dropped twice and hurt on several occasions ...haye was stopped as a young pro and wilder was knocked out and it's on YouTube ...ffs be consistent and not have double standards ...the difference Joshua was just an inexperienced 2 year amateur and when you learning your trade and if u get tagged on the chin by a 240lb fighter it's going to have some kind of effect on you...don't talk **** and be consistent lol
        Last edited by The plunger man; 07-17-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

anthony joshua vs deontay wilder would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            dillian Whyte is as good as chisora
            LOL okay. I mean I guess right now you're correct, but Chisora actually deserved to get a W over a guy who was the most feared HW at the time (in my eyes) or at least lost a close decision to the most feared HW at the time while Whyte just got his ass beat by the most feared HW right now & landed a lucky punch or two. I think some of you guys are HIGHLY overrated Whyte & I look forward to reality being thrust upon you guys that Whyte isn't a future major player in the division & his career will likely look much worse than Chisora's although thats surely a little debatable topic I'd admit cuz I think Chisora is a bit of a flake & Whyte for all he lacks seems dedicated or certainly more dedicated than Chisora. But the main point is Whyte ain't THAT f#cking good & the best thing he's done is beat journeyman & gave the most fearer HW of the moment a tense few seconds.

Your seriously deluded if you think fury has any remote chance of taking Joshua's power combinations
            I think you're deluded to think Fury doesn't have a remote chance of taking Joshua's punches. Joshua ain't a f#cking superhero like some of you guys are building him up as. And I think you are seriously deluded if you think Fury is just gonna stand there with Joshua & take punches. Fury is gonna have Joshua swinging at shadows as he moves awkwardly in his giant frame. He'll have Joshua gassed cuz big muscled up guys always got small gas tanks & probably stop or make Joshua quit in the later rounds. If Joshua is tough than he'll lose a decision, probably close, cuz he's surely got that Canelo effect that gives him rounds he probably doesn't deserve. Maybe if Joshua is tough & lucky he'll even steal a very controversial decision so you got that going for you as far as our pending bet goes.

as for me disappearing for 3 days....nah I won't do that and I'll put my hand in the air and say I was wrong about him
            LOL I heard the same thing when guys were saying Klitschko was gonna kill Fury & about 3 or 4 notable Klitschko fanboys went AWOL for days to weeks afterwards. Think some nutty racial **** guy even left the forum over that fight. Fair play to you if you stay around after Joshua loses doe.

lets see if u do the same shall we because I certainly will be calling u out that's for sure
            I'm not a fanboy of any boxer. Fury ain't my cousin. He's a boxer who I think will beat another boxer. I don't think he's a superhero like some of you guys think Joshua is. I got nothing to lose if Fury loses except whatever we end up betting on that fight. I've had numerous guys I thought would win that lost, like anyone who's been watching boxing for any length of time, & I'm always here to discuss it during the fight or within a day. No sweat off my back.

and I think it's pretty safe to say most fighters especially at heavyweight have been shook or hurt in some way during there progression as they improve there level of heavyweight opponents....furys been dropped twice and hurt on several occasions ...haye was stopped as a young pro and wilder was knocked out and it's on YouTube ...ffs be consistent and not have double standards ...the difference Joshua was just an inexperienced 2 year amateur and when you learning your trade and if u get tagged on the chin by a 240lb fighter it's going to have some kind of effect on you...don't talk **** and be consistent lol
            No clue wtf you mean again. Really got no f#cking clue what Wilder has to do with this.

You are saying Joshua is superman with a superpunch & no one can even stand with him for 12 rounds more or less despite his only notable wins being prospect level guys. I'm saying nah I don't think so is all thats going on with my comments on Joshua's chin. Chins don't tend to improve. And almost any HW gots a nice punch & Joshua hasn't been in with a world class guy yet nor has much to fall back on if he doesn't stop & assert himself dominantly so when the going does get tough....& it will....he's extremely likely to lose.

Comment

LOL okay. I mean I guess right now you're correct, but Chisora actually deserved to get a W over a guy who was the most feared HW at the time (in my eyes) or at least lost a close decision to the most feared HW at the time while Whyte just got his ass beat by the most feared HW right now & landed a lucky punch or two. I think some of you guys are HIGHLY overrated Whyte & I look forward to reality being thrust upon you guys that Whyte isn't a future major player in the division & his career will likely look much worse than Chisora's although thats surely a little debatable topic I'd admit cuz I think Chisora is a bit of a flake & Whyte for all he lacks seems dedicated or certainly more dedicated than Chisora. But the main point is Whyte ain't THAT f#cking good & the best thing he's done is beat journeyman & gave the most fearer HW of the moment a tense few seconds.

I think you're deluded to think Fury doesn't have a remote chance of taking Joshua's punches. Joshua ain't a f#cking superhero like some of you guys are building him up as. And I think you are seriously deluded if you think Fury is just gonna stand there with Joshua & take punches. Fury is gonna have Joshua swinging at shadows as he moves awkwardly in his giant frame. He'll have Joshua gassed cuz big muscled up guys always got small gas tanks & probably stop or make Joshua quit in the later rounds. If Joshua is tough than he'll lose a decision, probably close, cuz he's surely got that Canelo effect that gives him rounds he probably doesn't deserve. Maybe if Joshua is tough & lucky he'll even steal a very controversial decision so you got that going for you as far as our pending bet goes.

LOL I heard the same thing when guys were saying Klitschko was gonna kill Fury & about 3 or 4 notable Klitschko fanboys went AWOL for days to weeks afterwards. Think some nutty racial **** guy even left the forum over that fight. Fair play to you if you stay around after Joshua loses doe.

I'm not a fanboy of any boxer. Fury ain't my cousin. He's a boxer who I think will beat another boxer. I don't think he's a superhero like some of you guys think Joshua is. I got nothing to lose if Fury loses except whatever we end up betting on that fight. I've had numerous guys I thought would win that lost, like anyone who's been watching boxing for any length of time, & I'm always here to discuss it during the fight or within a day. No sweat off my back.

No clue wtf you mean again. Really got no f#cking clue what Wilder has to do with this.

You are saying Joshua is superman with a superpunch & no one can even stand with him for 12 rounds more or less despite his only notable wins being prospect level guys. I'm saying nah I don't think so is all thats going on with my comments on Joshua's chin. Chins don't tend to improve. And almost any HW gots a nice punch & Joshua hasn't been in with a world class guy yet nor has much to fall back on if he doesn't stop & assert himself dominantly so when the going does get tough....& it will....he's extremely likely to lose.
              Now again you stating you have seen Joshua hurt as an amatuer...and I stated there are also a lot more heavyweights who have been hurt in there earlier career...so again you it was a comeback about wilder,haye or fury so again be consistent...most heavyweights will either be rocked or dropped in sparring or in there early career..I don't think Joshua is some kind of superhero but I certainly see he has more tools in his box than fury....I've never thought very highly of klitchcko and in the past he has been knocked out 3 times and dropped numerous other times so I always held judgment of him..and I always thought he was in an era of very challengers And then fury beat him when he was 40 and unable to pull the trigger......if Cunningham and the journeyman could drop and catch Tyson then be damn sure Joshua will......me and you are gonna have some serious dough on this fight when and if it gets made and I want to here all your excuses as to why Joshua knocked fury out....Joshua has not even got out of first gear and knocked out every fighter he has faced ..besides Whyte where the fight turned personal he's eased past everybody and your saying he will lose to Tyson fury ....GTFOH and talk some sense
              Last edited by The plunger man; 07-17-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Now again you stating you have seen Joshua hurt as an amatuer...and I stated there are also a lot more heavyweights who have been hurt in there earlier career...so again you it was a comeback about wilder,haye or fury so again be consistent...most heavyweights will either be rocked or dropped in sparring or in there early career..I don't think Joshua is some kind of superhero
                You, & others like you, definitely are coming off like you feel like Joshua is superman. He's fought prospects at best & you think he's unbeatable right now. He's had one mild challenge & instead of saying hmmmm maybe Joshua needs some more work you make the other guy some sort of future player in the division with his resume of riffraff + his major showing being getting KTFO. Thats hilarious when you put any thought in it & like I keep saying I'm a Joshua fan myself, but he's not the young destroyer you guys want him to be. And if I'm wrong & he is, he's certainly no where close to that being a undebatable topic as he's done less than Errol Spence who's getting a lot of hype right now, but I'm not sure he's getting as much hype as Joshua is getting by some fanboys these days.

I certainly see he has more tools in his box than fury
                Thats insanity. He's got a good punch. He's making guys leave a puddle of urine in their corners. He's good at pressure. Thats been enough so far. He's barely been hit back vs most of his opponents & then first guy who threw punches at him gave him some tense moments. What happens when the 2nd guy, the 3rd guy & the 4th guy throws some punches at him? Idk. We shall see.

Joshua has not even got out of first gear and knocked out every fighter he has faced
                I suspect Joshua is in about 3rd gear when he fights now & he is killing mfers in 3rd gear there is no denying that. Problem is he's not getting any better as he gets into deeper rounds. Like virtually all the heavily muscled guys he's gonna get winded quicker & more severely. But he's gonna blow out guys or he's gonna get blown out in the later rounds. You'll see eventually. In my estimation he's gonna have a career similar to Bruno or Tyson who had similar builds & similar power. Bruno being the low end, Tyson the high end. And thats a fantastic career so fair play to Joshua.

Comment

You, & others like you, definitely are coming off like you feel like Joshua is superman. He's fought prospects at best & you think he's unbeatable right now. He's had one mild challenge & instead of saying hmmmm maybe Joshua needs some more work you make the other guy some sort of future player in the division with his resume of riffraff + his major showing being getting KTFO. Thats hilarious when you put any thought in it & like I keep saying I'm a Joshua fan myself, but he's not the young destroyer you guys want him to be. And if I'm wrong & he is, he's certainly no where close to that being a undebatable topic as he's done less than Errol Spence who's getting a lot of hype right now, but I'm not sure he's getting as much hype as Joshua is getting by some fanboys these days.

Thats insanity. He's got a good punch. He's making guys leave a puddle of urine in their corners. He's good at pressure. Thats been enough so far. He's barely been hit back vs most of his opponents & then first guy who threw punches at him gave him some tense moments. What happens when the 2nd guy, the 3rd guy & the 4th guy throws some punches at him? Idk. We shall see.

I suspect Joshua is in about 3rd gear when he fights now & he is killing mfers in 3rd gear there is no denying that. Problem is he's not getting any better as he gets into deeper rounds. Like virtually all the heavily muscled guys he's gonna get winded quicker & more severely. But he's gonna blow out guys or he's gonna get blown out in the later rounds. You'll see eventually. In my estimation he's gonna have a career similar to Bruno or Tyson who had similar builds & similar power. Bruno being the low end, Tyson the high end. And thats a fantastic career so fair play to Joshua.
                  Look pandas...both instances Joshua has stepped up the gas and finished a fighter n the 7th round.....he wasn't even blowing when he took breazeale out in the 7th round....the Whyte fight was all action from round 1 to round 7 and had more punches thrown in that fight that most heavyweights see in 12 rounds....I don't consider joshau a superman and of course he still learning but he still winning easy as he is stepping up and we can say what you want but he's beaten his last five fighters all unbeaten as well and did it without breaking sweat....and he will do that to stiverne,Parker,fury and wilder and the only fighter I think could possibly beat joshau is Haye because he has quick hands explosive power and a full arsenal in terms of punches and combinations and comes in low...joshau will only keep getting better and in my opinion he beats fury now...not because he's a superman but because I simply see nothing in Tyson fury that can offset Joshuas attack....fury been knocked down by journeyman and cruiserweights and let fury do his erratic movement and Joshua will just time him jut like he did with Martin.......now your comparing Joshua to Bruno .....I've seen Bruno in the flesh 2 or 3 times and Bruno had nowhere the power or quick combination punches that Joshua throws......ur under the impression because Joshua has muscles he will blow up.....we've seen no indication of that buddy and he's a real gym rat and fitness freak.....it will take a fighter with a granite chin and body who can withstand Joshua power and then come back in the later rounds....fury is not that fighter I'm afraid

Comment

Look pandas...both instances Joshua has stepped up the gas and finished a fighter n the 7th round.....he wasn't even blowing when he took breazeale out in the 7th round
                    Well Breazeale wasn't fighting, he was surviving. Thats the thing with that fight. Whyte actually had Joshua in his first fight. Lets not like Breazeale did the same. He talked well, like Martin, but didn't show up for the fight. And thats a testament to Joshua's intimidation with his build + power + perfect record so far.

but he still winning easy as he is stepping up and we can say what you want but he's beaten his last five fighters all unbeaten as well and did it without breaking sweat....and he will do that to stiverne,Parker,fury and wilder
                    See this is the stuff I keep talking about. Without breaking a sweat he'll beat Bermane, Parker, Fury & Wilder? Okaaaaaayyyyy.

and the only fighter I think could possibly beat joshau is Haye because he has quick hands explosive power and a full arsenal in terms of punches and combinations and comes in low
                    I'll bet you on the opposite side if that fight goes down. Haye will be another one of those guys urinating in his corner before the fight. Haye was scared of Klitschko. Joshua is scarier than old Klitschko. Joshua for sure beats Haye.

.now your comparing Joshua to Bruno .....I've seen Bruno in the flesh 2 or 3 times and Bruno had nowhere the power or quick combination punches that Joshua throws......ur under the impression because Joshua has muscles he will blow up.....we've seen no indication of that buddy and he's a real gym rat and fitness freak
                    I don't think we can make a true comparison to Joshua being superior to Bruno until he actually fights his first world class fighter or anytime soon in reality. Bruno fought numerous world class fighters in his career & without looking at his resume I suspect he was up vs them or breakeven-ish so its no insult to be compared to Bruno.

And my main point wasn't to compare every aspect of Bruno & Tyson to Joshua it was the point of him either KOing his opponent or gassing out just like Tyson & Bruno did vs most of their opponents. When Joshua's career is over there is no doubt in my mind his record will be filled with W's that went more or less like his career has gone so far & 5 or 6 L's that'll look like most of Bruno's & Tyson's L's in that they were late round KO's where they largely gassed out or gave up mentally or physically from being in a competitive or losing fight.

And he can be a gym rat all he wants. All those muscles need oxygen & it'll wear him down as he gets deep in a competitive fight. If a fight isn't competitive like all his fights except one have been its a non-issue, but that just isn't always going to be the case.

Comment

I think Fury would school him right now.

Either way, if you hold a title then you should be ready and willing to fight anybody. As Liam Smith said in a recent interview, if he didn't want big fights and willing to fight anybody or turned down the fight with Canelo then he isn't worthy of holding a belt and should drop it. That's the right attitude that more fighters should take. I'm sure Joshua would be happy to fight though, whether his team would agree is another thing. If he's not ready then how can anybody take him seriously as a champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X