Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest here....Manny took human growth hormone right?...Reasonable debate.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be honest here....Manny took human growth hormone right?...Reasonable debate.

I know lots of people are going to sigh, but now the dust has settled I am wondering what the general consensus is now that agenda's have been put to one side. I have been reading a book on Lance Armstrong recently, which I have yet to finish, but let's just say it goes into lots of detail and ventures into the dirtiest, darkest places about cheating in sports.

I think the changes in Manny's facial structure are very much along the lines of what is describing the side effects of using HGH, and various forms of steroids (forget all the names). It was all very suspicious wasn't it? I use to try and justify it and say to myself that him knocking down and hurting these guys was because he was able to hit them cleaner than he was smaller sharper fighters like Barrera, Morales, and Marquez. But looking back I think those perceptions were naive. I have heard all the arguments before about him being the same size in the ring as he was at 135, etc. But he was punching holes through these guys at the higher weights.

There have been times when large fighters with serious punching power were not able to knock down Shane Mosley, but Pacquiao did, and seemed to shake him a few times after that as well. It just doesn't add up, and even giving him the benefit of the doubt on the power front, the way he was teeing off on Clottey for 12 rounds was inhuman. It wasn't like he was throwing lots of flowing punches, or throwing arm punches like a Margarito, or Leo Santa Cruz, he was winding up and zinging drilled power punches with nearly everything on them for a full 12 rounds. 1200 punches!!! I do think if he did use PEDs, he did taper off them at some point, but the effects of HGH are lasting and permanent.

I would just like to say before people think this is a hate thread, Manny's boxing technique and the improvements made over time have to be respected and quite frankly the skills and ability are underrated by a lot of people. The guy could really box and was smart in the ring. He could set traps, counter, apart from in-fighting he could pretty much do it all. He is also a person very likeable. I am not sure how I would feel if it was ever proven that he used PED's. I just want to get peoples opinions and why you feel that way.
    Pac never used PED's
    34.85%
    Pac used PED's throughout his career even in Philippines.
    7.58%
    Pacquaio started around 2008 then tapered off in 2011/12
    43.94%
    Pac used PED's his whole career including Floyd
    13.64%

You've got a 0.0% chance of this being a reasonable debate.

Comment

yeah manny is the only person that is not suppose to get old, age, show signs of wear, slow down, etc. if and when this does happens, then its a sign of him abusing steroids.....

Comment

5/5 for original topic.

Comment

Told ya....

Comment

I believe most fighters and athletes in general are using something or other that is illegal.

It all just depends if they get caught, or if they have enough money and influence to grease enough palms to get away with it.

Comment

Whose head grows 3 hat sizes in their 30s besides Manny and Barry Bonds?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                in a fitted hat! mosley cant knock cotto down but he can? come on man!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  That's an easy one.

Mark McGwire.

Comment

Stupid thread. I've taken GH and know others who have and you barely know when you're taking it. You'll lean out slightly, don't really gain any bulk, but your skin sometimes smooths a bit if you take it for months on end. You will never know someone has been taking it by looking at them.

Comment

Working...
                    X