Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Arreola Definitely Has a Style Prone To a Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arreola's style involves standing straight up with his hands in a boxercise stance, pawing out telegraphed arm punches then getting his face mashed in. He has one of the most amateurish styles I've ever seen. Not one thing he does well.

Garbage ass heavyweight.

Comment

Just because he can get away with it doesn't mean he should. Really disappointing to hear he barely does cardio.

Comment

I've got this eerily feeling that Arreola is coming in to take a dive. He has never taken his career seriously up to now so why would he change it? I think that he is showing up just for a easy payday. He hadn't had enough time to prepare. I can just see Deontay Wilder steamrolling past him in the first round and so what? What does Cris Arreola care; Nothing? He is just not disciplined, dedicated and committed enough in order to want to be champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
          Bless Chris for actually trying in this one. But he didn't have a long enough camp and he might be done at this point. I think Wilder puts him out in 5. That being said, it would be cool if Chris could connect with a bomb to see.
          Wilder pulls a Joshua and carries the fight out through 9 rounds. Then takes him out quickly beginning of the round.

Comment

Do you think it'll go that long? I feel like the way Chris comes forward swinging so much it'll end quicker than that one way or another. Hasn't Deontay been rocked in the later rounds by his last few opponents? I can't remember his fights, which is sad to say about a heavyweight champ lol.
            Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Wilder pulls a Joshua and carries the fight out through 9 rounds. Then takes him out quickly beginning of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
              Do you think it'll go that long? I feel like the way Chris comes forward swinging so much it'll end quicker than that one way or another. Hasn't Deontay been rocked in the later rounds by his last few opponents? I can't remember his fights, which is sad to say about a heavyweight champ lol.
              All I can tell you is, Anthony Joshua's last fight - Breazeale - I don't care what anyone else says. Joshua could have ended that fight in the second round when he rocked Breezy. He clearly backed off and let Breezy recover to extend the fight.

I see Wilder doing the same thing because they don't want to be perceived as unable to go the distance.

Wilder's been rocked quite a few times which is why people question his chin. That's another reason I think Wilder extends fights - to disprove that.

Comment

Nice. We def saw Joshua step off the gas to get rounds. I think we all know Wilder can go 12. I also believe he hasn't had to go a hard 12 besides Stiverne who really wasn't the greatest in the first place. Shows you Wilder's level of opposition when Fury, Klitschko, or Joshua don't even comment on the fight via twitter lol. At some point, all of these clowns--and that's what they are until otherwise, are going to have to start fighting each other, sans K & Fury. But that rematch needs to have a spark. Otherwise I'd rather watch cricket. And I don't know shat about cricket. But what's the point? These guys need to fight each other. All of them. If they say it's all business, then quit boxing and get a desk job so I can see 2 new people punch each other's face in. Terrible to say, but I wouldn't ask a school teacher to try to run Tom Brady down. Do your job. Btw, Joshua is the real deal. I don't mean to say it like you don't believe it, but if they let him have 3 or 4 more fights, he's going to have his movement and (even better) timing down. We're in for a treat. I just hope he fights in America more. I've got to see this Warlock.
                Originally posted by revelated View Post
                All I can tell you is, Anthony Joshua's last fight - Breazeale - I don't care what anyone else says. Joshua could have ended that fight in the second round when he rocked Breezy. He clearly backed off and let Breezy recover to extend the fight.

I see Wilder doing the same thing because they don't want to be perceived as unable to go the distance.

Wilder's been rocked quite a few times which is why people question his chin. That's another reason I think Wilder extends fights - to disprove that.
                Last edited by Travycat; 07-18-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X