Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be considered Greater: Golovkin or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
    Potential win over Crusher is better than everthing GGG did in whole career.
    Even without a win over Kov, Wards resume craps all over g strings

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
      Golovkin anyone saying otherwise doesn't know how boxing works or likely they're a black American, it's about how you do it it's not about how you cheat to beat someone your audience is there to be impressed.
      People will remember Ward for being boring and making constant excuses.

GGG could continually get better.
      Are you actually dumb enough to believe the shyte you post on here or do you just post for shock value?

Comment

Kovalev isn't a big name though, you argue big names matter but Kovalev isn't a big name lmfao Kell Brook is the bigger name you ******
        Epic fail

1. Everyones P4P list has Kov on it, no credible publication/organization/fan has Brook on it.

2. Ward is moving up to fight Kov, g string is making Brook move up.

In short a win over Kov is about 10000000x more impressive than a win over Brook.

Comment

Oh look a Yankee doodle doo protecting his cowardly American fighter who can't even get on a plane and fight abroad
          Greatness is valued with how you win, its not valued by how many times you clinch someone or elbow/headbutt them into an unfair stoppage but this is the dude you defend lmao!

You need to learn what boxing is because Ward has done little of it in his pinnacle fights.

I'm white
          I'm American

Sums it all up, no bias here whatsoever.
          Is Butterbean better than Ali? Fack NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            He's destroyed a lot of top 10 contenders. Not via close judge's decisions, but by beating them down, or, with shocking frequency for such a proud sport -- making them quit on their feet. Virtually nobody at MW wants to fight him. People run from him. So he carries this mystique. I would LOVE to see him fight the best possible 160 guys out there, but it seems they're all too frightened. Furthermore, it's not a great weight class these days, obviously.

I just read how Lennox Lewis thinks Brook should NOT move up to face Golovkin. And I ask myself, why not? Isn't Golovkin terribly overrated? What's the big deal? Evidently a lot of boxers (including a lot of sparring partners that say he hits like a HW) think he's a beast.

We're all eager to put it to the test, but who's going to step up besides a ballsy welterweight? Not Canelo, Not Eubanks....nobody
            Ward??? Lara???

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              unify 160?? he has 3 belts and only won 1 in the ring...im sorry that is not impressive.ITS ALL ABOUT WHO YOU BEAT!!!!
              how can he be "unified" when he didnt uniFIGHT

Comment

lil g is just a flea on Ward's balls, Insignificant. One scratch and he's forgotten.

Comment

First post here. I feel like I'm already going to attract a lot of hate, but here it is.

I put a ton of importance on ducking in these legacy/resume debates, and Ward has ducked several. His retirement, like Floyd Jr's retirement, are unacceptable, especially when you want to call yourself great. Next to the big boys like RJJ and James Toney, these two look like the biggest cherry pickers. Neither of which belong in the HOF.

Right now people are overlooking some very good fighters on Golovkin's resume. Unfortunately he didn't have opposition with big names from big boxing countries, but there have been some very good fighters.

Now if Ward does beat Kovalev by a wide margin UD, like some of you say you expect him to do, then yes Ward has the better resume. I doubt this will happen though imo.

Comment

GGG already has an entire division shook and many people consider him nothing but a bum.

After he moves up to 168 and has that division shook with fear too, he may be downgraded to invalid status.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      Ward??? Lara???
                      Ward who lives in tuneup world at 175 and Lara who lives in tin can land down at 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X